Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dirty carbs vs Clean carbs. Why does one cause bloating and the other does not?

Spotter

Default Dirty carbs vs Clean carbs. Why does one cause bloating and the other does not?

I'm gonna explain my experiences and you tell me if you have had the same experiences as I have.

So if I eat tons of carbs from clean sources, carbs that come from foods I prepare on my own, no matter how high, I never bloat or swell up. I could eat 800-1000 grams of carbs in one day from sweet potatoes, ezekiel bread, oatmeal, basmati rice, even homemade pizza with low fat cheese and low sodium sauce and whole wheat crust. I will not have a bad reaction at all.

But if I decide to have a day where I consume the same amount of carbs from dirty sources such as dominos pizza, ice cream, dunkin donuts and so forth I will swell up and bloat where it will take me a week and a half to get my physique back to normal.

Is this telling me that its not the carbs that fuck up my body, but the excess sodium? Or something that is in the ingredients they are using when I get food made from other places other than my own cooking?

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by NPCCompetitor79 View Post
    I'm gonna explain my experiences and you tell me if you have had the same experiences as I have.

So if I eat tons of carbs from clean sources, carbs that come from foods I prepare on my own, no matter how high, I never bloat or swell up. I could eat 800-1000 grams of carbs in one day from sweet potatoes, ezekiel bread, oatmeal, basmati rice, even homemade pizza with low fat cheese and low sodium sauce and whole wheat crust. I will not have a bad reaction at all.

But if I decide to have a day where I consume the same amount of carbs from dirty sources such as dominos pizza, ice cream, dunkin donuts and so forth I will swell up and bloat where it will take me a week and a half to get my physique back to normal.

Is this telling me that its not the carbs that fuck up my body, but the excess sodium? Or something that is in the ingredients they are using when I get food made from other places other than my own cooking?
    1 word....
    INSULIN
    Of course sodium and other factors come into play, but the insulin response from different types of carbs is gonna have a huge impact.

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Mearsy View Post
    1 word....
    INSULIN
    Of course sodium and other factors come into play, but the insulin response from different types of carbs is gonna have a huge impact.
    So basically the foods I prepare do not raise my insulin. But the ones that I consume when I eat out and are dirty do in fact raise it to extreme levels and that is why I experience the negative side's with shit like domino's and dunkin donuts. Right?

So basically the foods I prepare do not raise my insulin. But the ones that I consume when I eat out and are dirty do in fact raise it to extreme levels and that is why I experience the negative side's with shit like domino's and dunkin donuts. Right?

Its more likely less the type of carbs and more the fact that the junk foods you mention are loaded with refined vegetable oils. Excessive n6 contributes to poor insulin sensitivity and higher blood sugar, which of course means lots more insulin.

However, if you are consuming lots of extra fructose (1/2 of refined sugar is fructose too), you will also deal with spillover. Fructose can only be metabolized by the liver, unlike glucose which is usable by nearly all of the body's tissues. It can also only be stored as hepatic glycogen, never in the muscles.

I'm NOT saying a diet of refined sugars is no worse than an equal amount of complex carbohydrates, just that there are other factors. If you consumed the same amount of simple carbs from the junk food you mention, but somehow replaced all of the fats with omega 3's, you tolerate the sugars better and not feel so bloated.

edit* A diet of ONLY n3 fats and void of n6's 9's etc etc would also be problematic

All of the additives in the dirty food...and the extra sodium.

there's an MD Q & A..

put it there please..
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Well in junk like donuts its not sodium obviously. It is combination of gluten, oxidized refined vegetable oil, sugar and some extra chemical mix. If you think that it is sodium what bloats you. Then try it. Add decent amount of sea salt to rice during the cooking.. Like 2 tsp.. Btw google term FODMAP. Those are specific types of sugar like fructose and other things gluten etc.. A lot of people have gas and bloating from high FODMAP diet due to messed up microbiome in the colon, SIBO, leaky gut etc.. If you want to eat huge amounts of food you should eat low FODMAP for sure. That is basically "vertical diet" from Stan Efferding..

Quote Originally Posted by sacharidacek View Post
    Well in junk like donuts its not sodium obviously. It is combination of gluten, oxidized refined vegetable oil, sugar and some extra chemical mix. If you think that it is sodium what bloats you. Then try it. Add decent amount of sea salt to rice during the cooking.. Like 2 tsp.. Btw google term FODMAP. Those are specific types of sugar like fructose and other things gluten etc.. A lot of people have gas and bloating from high FODMAP diet due to messed up microbiome in the colon, SIBO, leaky gut etc.. If you want to eat huge amounts of food you should eat low FODMAP for sure. That is basically "vertical diet" from Stan Efferding..
    Great post^^^^ I agree 100%
    IFBB PRO Brad Davis

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

He didn’t last long
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs