Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jose raymond 2018 olympia prep

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Kevin won 3 Olympia titles in a row though

MD Online Editor
    Yes, but at 202 not 212. Zane and Franco won the light weight under 200lbs title too as well as the open. So we could include them...

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    Yes, but at 202 not 212. Zane and Franco won the light weight under 200lbs title too as well as the open. So we could include them...
    Ten bucks says they raise it to 220

MD Online Editor
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

MD Online Editor
    I'm going with 3 classes. 202, 220 and open.

I sure hope not

MD Online Editor
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

MD Online Editor
    That would be a travesty.
    I stop me....no one else does.

That would be a bigger travesty.

There is very little money to go around, that would deplete an already underpaid 212 purse

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    There is very little money to go around, that would deplete an already underpaid 212 purse
    you aint kidding . the prize money is garbage.

Last year.

Phil Heath wins 400k.
    Flex Lewis wins 40k.

Hmm.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

A Disgrace!

Well The federation is making more money then ever but its just not trickling down. Its actually pretty pathetic $3000 for 1st place at a 212 Show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steve56 View Post
    Well The federation is making more money then ever but its just not trickling down. Its actually pretty pathetic $3000 for 1st place at a 212 Show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Biggest problem is, they donít have an urgent need to change it. As long as plenty of pros are still showing up to compete for peanuts, the purses will never change. Too many willing to kill themselves, simply for the love of competing. Like Iíve said in previous threads though, the top guys have never really relied on the winnings, rather than placing well to maintain their sponsorship and getting booked to do guest appearances. Thatís where the money has really always been. Unfortunately nowadays, that sponsor money isnít the same. Donít see how it would happen, but until the day these pros actually form a union and actually protest/sit out these shows as a collective group, the prize money will continue to be a joke. Thereís only 2 shows a year that are financially worth competing in and thatís only for the open class. Truly glad I had moved on with my life and focused my energy on a stable career.

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Last year.

Phil Heath wins 400k.
    Flex Lewis wins 40k.

Hmm.
    I'm about rewarding the quality of the physique. Last year Roelly (35k), De asha (25k), curry (20k), Josh (18k) and Cedric (16k) left the Olympia with less than 40K. Did Flex look better than all them guys? Not really. In relative terms I'd say the 40k prize money is more than fair.

Having said that the prize money for the other 212 shows are inexcusable. 212s aren't that far behind the open shows in terms of popularity so the prize money at those shows should reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
    Biggest problem is, they don’t have an urgent need to change it. As long as plenty of pros are still showing up to compete for peanuts, the purses will never change. Too many willing to kill themselves, simply for the love of competing. Like I’ve said in previous threads though, the top guys have never really relied on the winnings, rather than placing well to maintain their sponsorship and getting booked to do guest appearances. That’s where the money has really always been. Unfortunately nowadays, that sponsor money isn’t the same. Don’t see how it would happen, but until the day these pros actually form a union and actually protest/sit out these shows as a collective group, the prize money will continue to be a joke. There’s only 2 shows a year that are financially worth competing in and that’s only for the open class. Truly glad I had moved on with my life and focused my energy on a stable career.
    That’s also why you have no big name competitors doing most shows. I haven’t done a $3,000 show in 5 years for that very reason, I can’t support a promoter who isn’t supporting the athletes. I recently was asked to compete in a show in California my a promoter but he wouldn’t pay flight & hotel, however he did offer me a coupon code to post on IG that might help with expenses ��

That’s also why you have no big name competitors doing most shows. I haven’t done a $3,000 show in 5 years for that very reason, I can’t support a promoter who isn’t supporting the athletes. I recently was asked to compete in a show in California my a promoter but he wouldn’t pay flight & hotel, however he did offer me a coupon code to post on IG that might help with expenses ��
    Lol @ coupon code. I’d been like GFY!!

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
    Biggest problem is, they don’t have an urgent need to change it. As long as plenty of pros are still showing up to compete for peanuts, the purses will never change. Too many willing to kill themselves, simply for the love of competing. Like I’ve said in previous threads though, the top guys have never really relied on the winnings, rather than placing well to maintain their sponsorship and getting booked to do guest appearances. That’s where the money has really always been. Unfortunately nowadays, that sponsor money isn’t the same. Don’t see how it would happen, but until the day these pros actually form a union and actually protest/sit out these shows as a collective group, the prize money will continue to be a joke. There’s only 2 shows a year that are financially worth competing in and that’s only for the open class. Truly glad I had moved on with my life and focused my energy on a stable career.

Met a horse once that went into accountancy. Said he wanted a stable career.

Muscle Head

Thatís also why you have no big name competitors doing most shows. I havenít done a $3,000 show in 5 years for that very reason, I canít support a promoter who isnít supporting the athletes. I recently was asked to compete in a show in California my a promoter but he wouldnít pay flight & hotel, however he did offer me a coupon code to post on IG that might help with expenses ��
    Sorry for going off-topic. Just want to say that im really enjoying your raw series and channel. Thank you for the awesome content champ and Best of luck for the Olympia.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast