Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don Long sentenced to 18 months in prison

Default Don Long sentenced to 18 months in prison

Bodybuilder gets 18-month prison sentence for drug charges

Posted: Jul 02, 2018 3:34 PM EDTUpdated: Jul 02, 2018 3:34 PM EDT

Credit: Shutterstock

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A professional bodybuilder has been sentenced in Florida to a year and a half in prison for illegally distributing anabolic steroids.
    A federal judge on Monday handed down the sentence to 51-year-old Don Long in Jacksonville. The judge also sentenced Long's wife, Sarah, to a year of home confinement and gave his steroid supplier, Gregory Baker, a sentence of three years in federal prison.
    U.S. District Judge ordered the Longs to forfeit $250,000 and Baker was ordered to forfeit more than $124,000 and five vehicles.
    Prosecutors say the Longs supplied clients with steroids and human growth hormone as part of a training regimen for bodybuilding competitions.
    Prosecutors say Baker imported the drugs from China.
    The Longs pleaded guilty earlier this year and Baker entered a guilty plea last year.

Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Jacksonville trio sentenced in federal steroid distribution case

Bodybuilder and supplier conspired to distribute steroids, prosecutors say

By Garrett Pelican - Digital executive producer

• Share79

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Jacksonville bodybuilder and his dealer have been sentenced to prison time for their roles in an illegal steroid distribution ring, the U.S. Justice Department announced Monday.
    Donald McCloud Long, 51, was sentenced to 18 months in federal prison for conspiracy to illegally distribute anabolic steroids. Supplier Gregory Allen Baker, 30, received three years in federal prison for conspiracy and money laundering charges.

MORE HEADLINES

3 Jacksonville residents indicted in federal steroid bust
    5 arrested in steroid, HGH conspiracy
    Search warrant details amount of steroids in ex-police chief's home

Donald and Sarah Long -- who was sentenced to 42 months probation, including a year of house arrest, for her role in the operation -- pleaded guilty in January, while Baker previously entered a guilty plea in February 2017, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.
    According to court records, the Longs provided personal training clients with anabolic steroids and human growth hormone from January 2013 through September 2016. As part of the program, they also gave clients directions on dosages to prepare for bodybuilding contests and other competitions.
    Prosecutors said Baker imported steroids and HGH from China, manufactured them into consumable products branded under the "AxioLabs" label and supplied them to the Longs' clients, among others. Once the operation came under federal scrutiny, Baker rebranded the products as "Razors Edge."
    In sentencing the trio, U.S. District Judge Brian Davis also ordered the Longs to forfeit $250,000 they made from the operation. Baker was ordered to surrender several vehicles -- including a 2015 Range Rover Sport and a 2008 Cadillac Escalade -- and more than $160,000 in proceeds.
    This case, which led to the convictions of eight others, was part of "Operation Total Package," a joint effort by the DEA, IRS, Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, Customs and Border Patrol, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, Jacksonville Beach Police, and Green Cove Springs Police.
    Copyright 2018 by WJXT News4Jax - All rights reserved.

FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Not a great outcome, but he was looking at up to 10 years, so this is certainly better than that.

I agree..

18 months and gov't cleaning out your bank account is better than 10 yrs in the slammer any day.
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

so terrible ..............

None of this makes sense, customers and sellers doing business with which both agree and where there is no damage to third parties. What's wrong with that?
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    None of this makes sense, customers and sellers doing business with which both agree and where there is no damage to third parties. What's wrong with that?
    C'mon Beti...the government wants their cut

Just get all your clients to claim they are the opposite sex and you are helping with their transition. .....the Government wouldn't dare get in the way of "Trans rights"....that may be my plan in the future.

all this bullshit while they allow islamic terrorists to run rampant plotting & carrying out attacks. But hey good old don long is locked up for selling people stuff they actually want.

I hope youre time goes fast and ass comfortable as possible .
    Hopefully you have somebody who runs youre buyiusnuiess on the outside while you locked up that you trust .
    Nothing is better than coming out of jail refreshed and tons of new money too spend .

GOOD LUCK DON, YOU HAVE THE ENTIRE STREETS OF OSLO SUPPORTING YOU .Don_Long_85.jpg
    A white Toney Freeman would have 10 Olympias. If I could look like anyone I'd want to look like a prime Toney Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Bodybuilder gets 18-month prison sentence for drug charges

Posted: Jul 02, 2018 3:34 PM EDTUpdated: Jul 02, 2018 3:34 PM EDT

Credit: Shutterstock

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A professional bodybuilder has been sentenced in Florida to a year and a half in prison for illegally distributing anabolic steroids.
    A federal judge on Monday handed down the sentence to 51-year-old Don Long in Jacksonville. The judge also sentenced Long's wife, Sarah, to a year of home confinement and gave his steroid supplier, Gregory Baker, a sentence of three years in federal prison.
    U.S. District Judge ordered the Longs to forfeit $250,000 and Baker was ordered to forfeit more than $124,000 and five vehicles.
    Prosecutors say the Longs supplied clients with steroids and human growth hormone as part of a training regimen for bodybuilding competitions.
    Prosecutors say Baker imported the drugs from China.
    The Longs pleaded guilty earlier this year and Baker entered a guilty plea last year.

that's nuts, i even took a pic with him, at one of the shows i did back in '14 here in FL. i always though he was nice, yet i also knew how he was with the folks he worked with. sad, yet i pray for him and his family.
    MY KING OF KINGS

Quote Originally Posted by SISTEROFJESUS View Post
    that's nuts, i even took a pic with him, at one of the shows i did back in '14 here in FL. i always though he was nice, yet i also knew how he was with the folks he worked with. sad, yet i pray for him and his family.
    I’ve always liked Don and this doesn’t change anything.

MD Online Editor

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Heroin is crazy in Florida but they focus on this??
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Let's see what happens with this:

- Approximately 150,000 dollars to keep Dong in jail for that period, which taxpayers have to pay. A large part of this money goes to politicians and government employees who basically do not produce anything.

- Dong will have to work for some multinational with agreements with penitentiaries if he wants to obtain benefits, permits... He will be paid with much less than the minimum wage, basically as a slave. This situation, affects terribly companies in the legal market that can not compete with a slave wage.

- Customers will get a new seller and illegal steroid traffic will follow its course.

Basically it is a robbery of the rich to the middle class and the poorest.

Also, US history has shown that prison sentences, including the death penalty, do not reduce any kind of crime. Maybe it's time to use the scientific method, if something does not work, use the only method that has proven to work. Unfortunately, the government is not interested in resolving anything, because it would cut all its lucrative profits generated by stupid laws without meaning.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Juggernaut

^ it’s called the law dumb ass and he broke it by selling roids. He will miss 18 months of his child growing up....was it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    So true, our government along with their medical industry partners are the biggest dealers on the block. If you impose on their territory its a wrap. Land of the free(with fine print)
    Hard work + Dedication= MORE MUSCLE.(and haters)

Iron Addict

They should make it under a docs supervision, and just decriminalize roids. We in Florida have seen such a rise in heroine mixed with fentanyl people are dying daily from the shit. Fuck pot and roids go after that shit. It is funny you get 18 months for roids but can walk from man slaughter in almost the same time.
    There's nothing I'm afraid of like scared people.
    - Robert Frost

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast