Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace Dan Block

Default Rest in Peace Dan Block

With sad news to share, Dan Block passed away at his home on Sunday March 11, 2012 at the age of 58. He is survived by his wife, Karen, and their two sons Ryan and Riley, his younger brother Tim along with many beloved friends.

Many in the business side of the fitness industry will recognize Dan’s name. Dan was the former owner of Block's Gym, an industry representative for several top equipment manufacturing companies, a coach and mentor to numerous amateur and professional bodybuilders, as well as, a competitive amateur bodybuilder himself.

For decades, while Flex Equipment Company was an industry leader and innovator, Dan served as President of the company and was the face of Flex Eq. at trade shows and within the business. Dan was highly respected and sought after for his knowledge and expertise. He had a knack for remembering people’s faces and names and made everyone feel at ease and to have trust in his word. As a person, Dan was principled, honest and well respected by both his clients and his competitors in the industry.

Dan received the National Fitness Trade Journal's Distinguished Service Award in 2004 and was featured on the front cover of the publication's (Spring 2003) issue.

Dan’s athletic prowess ranged from being a competitive high school & collegiate runner, amateur bodybuilder and even for a time a competitive road cyclist. He introduced many friends to each sport, quickly became liked and friends with those in each sport, and moved to the top level in each activity he pursued. He had incredible drive, determination and ability to dedicate the time and energy necessary to come into competition knowing he was prepared and had done more than any of his competitors. Dan loved to train as much as compete and thrived on the daily challenge each workout brought. He brought those same qualities to his life and everything he pursued.

Dan’s strong character and personality won’t be forgotten and his spirit will live on through his sons and with his friends in the years to come.

Strength & Honor

PEACE OF THE LORD BE WITH HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS

He worked with me at my Golds in Huntington, good guy , got me a great deal on equipment.

What did he die of?

Dan had a few failed Back surgeries, on lots of Pain Meds, lost his will to live and could not finish the race against the Pain & Depression.

Strength & Honor

That is sad news shawn. Rest in peace

Sad rest in peace!

I KNEW DAN.. i owned a gym and had some flex equip and used to see him at the trade shows ect.. great guy .. very innovative..

Sad News Indeed, R.I.P Dan.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

That's sad to hear. Best wishes to Dan's family and friends.

Sad story. RIP

Dan was a very close friend and will be missed greatly...

I joined Dan's gym in S.Calif in 1977 I was 20 .Then called Block's Gym along with his brother Tim .I was good friends with Dan and I'm proud to say he was my mentor to fitness and training.I'm so very saddened to hear of his death as I recently was emailed from a friend of Dan from my BB.com web site. I still have the first catalog of Flex Equipment . I modeled there first line .Dan was nice enough and thought enough of me to let me do so. I also still have the personal letter from Dan just a month before I competed in the Mr.America in 1985.That's the last Ive heard from him until now .From what Ive read he touched many involved in this sport as he did me in the time I spent with him in Calif. My condolences to his family and wife.

There will be a Memorial Gathering for Dan Sun April 15th in S. Orange County for his close friends and family.
    He is sorely missed and we will share Thoughts and Memories of a life well lived!
    I had Dan featured in my Inside & Out DVD when I worked with him at Flex Equipment.

Strength & Honor

juxtaposedhearts0

Was a damn good guy, sad to see him go.

think about what dan did.. he made the absolute best standing hamstring in the best.. a very innovative bi isolator curl machine.. a side lateral machine with right precise amount of body lean.. arguably the best plate loaded seated chest press in the biz..the go-to leg press in the gym.. the list is endless.. why? because he loved this s#$t.. plain and simple.. he wanted function over style.. and bless him for it.. in other words he had alot of integrity.. if you had a question in regards to a piece of equipment he loved to talk about his pieces.. RIP dan.. you were a good guy all around..

Sorry to hear it.

RIP
    Strictly Business

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast