Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can the Olympia afford another Phil Heath and Flex Lewis win?

Default Can the Olympia afford another Phil Heath and Flex Lewis win?

Every year it seems public disdain for the same 2 winners every year reaches a higher and higher boiling point. Ramy is a superstar now because everyone roots for him to beat Phil. The cheers and the boos Ramy gets when he is placed have been out of this world the past two Olympias. And the controversial Flex Lewis win at the Asia Grand Prix has given Hadi superstar status. Will this Olympia finally be different? An insider told me ticket sales are lower for this Olympia because fans are tired of seeing the same winners for the past 6 years. Which is probably why the Olympia is doing a dumb gimmick like " Choose the winner" this year. God I hope this year is different....Something needs to revitalize this industry and it sure as hell isn't another title for Heath and Flex.

yes yes just meme,her do not bring this too the phil heath appreciation tread, i beg you
    A white Toney Freeman would have 10 Olympias. If I could look like anyone I'd want to look like a prime Toney Freeman

Ticket sales are always lower than what they claim.
    That is my non Insider observation from being there every year for who-knows-how-long.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

If they are deserving of the victory, absolutely. That is what it always should be...the best physique on that day on that stage wins. Fuck politics, fandom, sponsors, and internet presence. Best physique competing on that day

It will be no different. No matter what Phil looks like, he will win with perfect scores. #GroundHogDay #Yawn

Also, yes, ‘Fan Favourite’ is a marketing gimmick to try and drive ticket sales. I am more hyped to hopefully see fellow Canadian Bumstead win Classic Physique. At least the Classic will be a real contest.
    "Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

Quote Originally Posted by Bestia View Post
    If they are deserving of the victory, absolutely. That is what it always should be...the best physique on that day on that stage wins. Fuck politics, fandom, sponsors, and internet presence. Best physique competing on that day
    THIS!!!!!!

Iím guessing those that whine about whoever winning have never, ever been to an Olympia.

Iíve been to five (2001, 2002, 2010, 2016, 2017) and itís ALWAYS an amazing experience. Cry less, support more and GO to these incredible events.

Yes we can. If they deserve it.
    D E S T R O Y

They needed Levrone and Flex because ticket sales were falling.
    ęHumanity has been led by failures.Ľ

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    They needed Levrone and Flex because ticket sales were falling.
    MD needed you bro. Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestia View Post
    About 99% of the time it happens, but most of us have "default value negative" so we can stand a deserving winner instead we want our favorites to win or in this case our enemy/hater to lose.
    Why so Serious?

Both of their physiques are on the decline and have been for a few years now. It's a shame the IFBB hasn't punished them for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    MD needed you bro. Welcome back.
    I appreciate it enormously, bro.

I spent a few days on vacation, still training, cardio and dieting, the most incredible thing is that I lost fat in an environment where it was complicated due to the abundant shit food. Bodybuilders we do what seems impossible.
    ęHumanity has been led by failures.Ľ