Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Derek Lunsford vs Flex

Default Derek Lunsford vs Flex

Derek posted this picture on his insta with the caption "Who wins this shot?" and it seems Flex wasn't too happy about it.

• flex_lewis You had a great rookie year for sure, but don’t disrespect the people who have paved the way before you. Happy New Year. #StayHumble

Was Derek being too cocky or was Flex feeling a little triggered?

I'm gonna have to side with Derek here as I don't think he said anything out of line and just posed a question for his insta followers. Who knew Flex did such a great impression of Phil Heath

Last edited by Donflex; July 28th, 2018 at 04:37 AM.

Interestingly though the real winner of that shot seems to have been cropped out...

A post shared by Derek Lunsford (@mrusa2017) on

Hmmm.
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

Come on man. It's obvious this guy is taking an in your face approach to promote himself and build up to the show. Nothing wrong with that but also nothing wrong with Flex and other established pros being rubbed the wrong way by it. If you are going to take the brash and outspoken approach, you need to be able to accept the blowback.

Personally I prefer the low key, under promise and over deliver approach. New guy has put quite the spotlight on himself and will have all the pressure he wants and then some.

Flex wow, what a baby move with that reply haha. Grow a pair and rep that manly beard you are sporting.

#StayHumble guys

Actually Lunsord doesn’t win this shot. Imbalance upper/lower and soft in comparison to the others.
    D E S T R O Y

I asked that question on the ronline report with Derek, not the recent one the last before, and he responded

fyi

Quote Originally Posted by fabian_gymfood View Post
    I asked that question on the ronline report with Derek, not the recent one the last before, and he responded

fyi
    Nice one Fabian. 48.30 mark

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    Actually Lunsord doesn’t win this shot. Imbalance upper/lower and soft in comparison to the others.
    He might not win it because of the reasons you mentioned, but he has the best look of the 3 in that pose.

Interesting though that Ron who was there had Lunsford winning that pose, so I guess we're both probably wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    He might not win it because of the reasons you mentioned, but he has the best look of the 3 in that pose.

Interesting though that Ron who was there had Lunsford winning that pose, so I guess we're both probably wrong.
    Depends on what you classify as the best look. He has the freakiest shoulder /lat to waist difference. That is major in fdb. I've said in the past past that he's the future, but cherry picking shots to score insta points isn't the actions of someone who will win.
    D E S T R O Y

Even if he does have the best look of the 3 in the pose, fact is, Derek obviously DID NOT "win the shot"-- or better, win the show. As such, it can be perceived as "slightly disrespectful", that he's still bringing that up. Depends if you interpret it as him trying to analyze judging criteria (not offensive), OR, if you take to be him basically having sour grapes about the loss, and still dwelling on it, trying to get others to co-sign and agree with him (which would be, or could be seen as, slightly disrespectful).

Point is-- if he posted that shot-- talked about the front double biceps pose, and what he sees as the more important aspects of the pose (narrower hips-- flaring lats-- a vacuum-- whatever)-- and he then talking about how "he feels this is one of his best shots", posted the pic, and fans started saying he wins the shot-- then yeah, talk about that all day, as you're discussing THE SPORT, if you will.

Take about specific past placings, while prepping for the same show, less than a year later, against the reigning champ-- of course it's going to seem somewhat like sour grapes.

-lifepulse

Depends on what you classify as the best look. He has the freakiest shoulder /lat to waist difference. That is major in fdb. I've said in the past past that he's the future, but cherry picking shots to score insta points isn't the actions of someone who will win.
    Add to that the smallest waist and the only one doing a vacuum. He would have the best silhouette. Looking narrow or having a bulging waist also isn't quite as aesthetically pleasing.

If you watch the video he explains why he posted that pic. The main reason was he thought it was a great thing that 3 different physiques could all be so competitive. Also scoring insta points is probably high on his list of priorities when it comes to his sponsors, so objective achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    Even if he does have the best look of the 3 in the pose, fact is, Derek obviously DID NOT "win the shot"-- or better, win the show. As such, it can be perceived as "slightly disrespectful", that he's still bringing that up. Depends if you interpret it as him trying to analyze judging criteria (not offensive), OR, if you take to be him basically having sour grapes about the loss, and still dwelling on it, trying to get others to co-sign and agree with him (which would be, or could be seen as, slightly disrespectful).

Point is-- if he posted that shot-- talked about the front double biceps pose, and what he sees as the more important aspects of the pose (narrower hips-- flaring lats-- a vacuum-- whatever)-- and he then talking about how "he feels this is one of his best shots", posted the pic, and fans started saying he wins the shot-- then yeah, talk about that all day, as you're discussing THE SPORT, if you will.

Take about specific past placings, while prepping for the same show, less than a year later, against the reigning champ-- of course it's going to seem somewhat like sour grapes.

-lifepulse
    This is what he had to say about the pic. I don't see sour grapes or any disrespect there. Flex made his comment after this was posted

• mrusa2017I appreciate all the comments (whether for me or not).. what's awesome about this AND the sport of Bodybuilding is that we all have our own opinions and each Bodybuilder looks different in their own ways. As long as we can push each other to be our best and give the fans what you ask for.. we've done our job. I expect nothing less than my very best.. and that is exactly what you will get EVERY TIME!! �� Olympia 2018... You better be there! It'll be one to remember.
    Last edited by Donflex; July 28th, 2018 at 08:39 AM.

Derek posted this picture on his insta with the caption "Who wins this shot?" and it seems Flex wasn't too happy about it.

• flex_lewis You had a great rookie year for sure, but don’t disrespect the people who have paved the way before you. Happy New Year. #StayHumble

Was Derek being too cocky or was Flex feeling a little triggered?

I'm gonna have to side with Derek here as I don't think he said anything out of line and just posed a question for his insta followers. Who knew Flex did such a great impression of Phil Heath

ha ha ha what a epic post this was and the comments on the page are EPIC ..

Wow I did not know flex as so sensitive ? extremely bad behviuoure by flex here .
    Obviously derek is smoking flex here in this shoot . Bro look at the shape and width , leg separation, lats , much much better waist , vac,um, better tan , better flow this is not even a question ??
    In what way is this disrespectful by derek? he did not complain about his placings and every comment he makes is very classy and respectful( unlike flex )

And poor guy cistrnino have you seen his comments ?? ha ha ha guy cistrenno living in fantasy land
    Stay dedicated to what you love , have a pure heart and God will show you the way ...

george u,k you are a expert ..We are not saying derek should have won the olympia last year, but surely even with all youre british bias in this shoot derik is killing it .
    If beyeke posts a ab and thiiis shoot against heath and asks who win this shoot doesn't mean he says he better than heath, just means he is better than heath in abs and thiiis .
    He he you have a lot of defending too do lately with both hasdi and derik getting more love than flex ?? he he , bro please look at the picture again , take off youre british glasses and surely you will se derik is killing it here ???
    Stay dedicated to what you love , have a pure heart and God will show you the way ...

Bottom line is.

How would a 212 Olympia winner approach the show?

Flex Lewis comment was just reminding him who the multi winning champ is and that there is a history that has built up around the title. Cropping Jose out? I don’t think he did but Jose beat Lunsford last year and he has a few guys to get over before winning.

The winner of the Olympia and the 212 and the Classic won’t be posting side by side pics
    D E S T R O Y

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast