Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is Training to Failure Worth It?

Default Is Training to Failure Worth It?

great read. as for me, i use to go to failure and sometimes i still do, just because i want to feel my muscles hurt and knowin' they will break down and grow bigger when i'm restin'. yet i can't go to failure all the time, it's not good for my lil body. so i only to that once a month just to get a crazy pump. it's just me.
    MY KING OF KINGS

Yes. Can't imagine stopping a set before positive failure, especially on a very abbreviated program.

No. No need to

Some will say that science supports training until failure is the single best method for muscle hypertrophy: https://www.t-nation.com/training/si...uilding-method

If you are natural or not on a ton of Gear then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Manowar View Post
    If you are natural or not on a ton of Gear then yes.
    Care to elaborate? If you're natural, your recovery abilities are a lot more limited, thus it would make more sense to adhere to a more conservative training approach.

Too many variables to give a definitive answer. It depends on whether you are on a diet or not, whether you are betting for a greater volume or greater intensity, your frequency, your weekly total days that you spend training, your metabolism, your age, drugs...
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

just wanted to add my two cents.

sorry I do not know how to post is so that a pic comes up to click on.

JM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYIUocUhfoA

no, never train to failure if your natural..better to bang out higher number of sets hitting the muscle with diferent exercises with heavy ass weight stopping 1 or 2 reps short of maximum overload...this aint no powerlifting contest using weights, its who looks the best and can fuck another person up in a fight after lifting those weights.. and i do both better than 90% of men on gear as a natural

Muscle Head

I've always trained my clients that are into mma/boxing/martial arts to train heavy, but always to 90 percent i.e. Always have a rep or two left in them . I believe it trains their bodies to be able to "throw that extra punch, move for that extra 10 seconds.." sports specific.. if it's muscle building only , yes to failure on at least 1 set in an exercise.. also, I try and make many the last set of an exercise the heaviest load if it's muscle building, so their bodies "remember the heavy load.." .. I can't remember who said that maybe Dorian , but I believe it does work..anyone else got any thoughts about this I'm all ears

Quote Originally Posted by stellaces View Post
    I've always trained my clients that are into mma/boxing/martial arts to train heavy, but always to 90 percent i.e. Always have a rep or two left in them . I believe it trains their bodies to be able to "throw that extra punch, move for that extra 10 seconds.." sports specific.. if it's muscle building only , yes to failure on at least 1 set in an exercise.. also, I try and make many the last set of an exercise the heaviest load if it's muscle building, so their bodies "remember the heavy load.." .. I can't remember who said that maybe Dorian , but I believe it does work..anyone else got any thoughts about this I'm all ears
    agree, you also avoid injuries

Muscle Head

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaindog1 View Post

JM

you are putting out awesome content on your channel. probably the most informative BB channel out at the momemnt. I never miss a video. thanks for the great content.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaindog1 View Post

JM

Great explanation John!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC U11 met Tapatalk
    A forum without humor is like a gym without Iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_ View Post
    you are putting out awesome content on your channel. probably the most informative BB channel out at the momemnt. I never miss a video. thanks for the great content.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Mountaindog has some catching up to do going up against Raymond and Vissers for awesome content... i want to see John explain why his face turns so red during diet time that he looks like he might just evaporate into thin air