Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Next MD Cover: 7-Time-Mr. Olympia Phil Heath - Special Olympia Issue

Default Next MD Cover: 7-Time-Mr. Olympia Phil Heath - Special Olympia Issue

Seven-time Mr. Olympia champion Phil Heath is not only one of the greatest Mr. Olympia champions, but also one of the most misunderstood. Phil has one of the most complete physiques that bodybuilding has ever seen, and is so good that he can beat his rivals even when he’s not at his best. The man known as “The Gift” is poised to make history at Joe Weider’s Olympia, the most prestigious contest in bodybuilding, which takes place on September 13-16 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas. Phil will attempt to tie the record of eight wins set first by Lee Haney in 1991 and again by Ronnie Coleman in 2005. The Mr. Olympia title represents the pinnacle of achievement in the sport of bodybuilding, and has grown to become an all-encompassing fitness and performance weekend. The stage is set for a grand event that showcases the best in bodybuilding and an eclectic array of athletic competition for the world to behold.

Phil Heath puts his iconic status in perspective, in his own easygoing style, as he talks to MD’s Ron Harris in an exclusive interview this month: “On the Verge of History! Phil Heath Aims to Win Mr. Olympia Title #8” Phil discusses his training, Internet haters, Kai Greene and misunderstanding about the meaning of The Gift. “A lot of people had misconceptions about the nickname, and they thought it was just arrogant. In the end, I’m trying to share that everybody has a gift at something. It could be bodybuilding, it could be sales in a company, it could be being a great husband, wife or parent. Everyone has something special.”

Who better than Mr. Olympia champions to give training advice? You don’t become the top bodybuilder in the world unless you have a wealth of training knowledge under your belt. MD asked Lee Haney, Dorian Yates, Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler, Dexter Jackson and Phil Heath for their best training tips in “Lessons of the Mr. Olympia Champs: Wisdom You Can Use to Build Your Best Physique!”

Since the Mr. Olympia contest began in 1965, there have been some fierce rivalries between the champions and the usurpers who fought to snatch their title away. None of these were as epic and bitterly waged as the Mr. Olympia wars between Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler. Get a brief Olympia history lesson and the two former rivals reflect on their years onstage in “Ronnie and Jay: The Greatest Mr. Olympia Battles of All Time!”
    Victor Martinez is legendary for having a physique that is close to perfection, and is known as “the guy who almost won the 2007 Mr. Olympia.” The Dominican Dominator is equally famous for a series of struggles and setbacks, yet through it all, Victor never gave up on his dream of being the best bodybuilder in the world. This fan favorite talks about the present, past and future in “Victor Martinez: The Uncrowned Mr. Olympia”

With the Mr. Olympia contest upon us, excitement has been mounting steadily since the start of the contest season to see which veterans will keep their holds on their titles and top spots, and which newcomers stand the best chance of upsetting their plans. MD looks at the top contenders heading into the biggest show in our sport and speculates as to how things will play out for them in “Showdown in Las Vegas! The 2018 Olympia Preview” Follow the contest at musculardevelopment.com as we get closer to the Mr. Olympia.

It would take a big man to knock Mr. Olympia off his throne, and Mamdouh Elssbiay, known to the world as Big Ramy, could fit he bill. “Big” does not do this man justice— he is truly enormous. And in just a few years, he’s racked up five pro wins and moved up the ranks to become runner-up at the Mr. Olympia. Could he be the man to stop The Gift from making history? Read more in “Big Ramy: Phil Heath’s ‘Biggest’ Threat”
    Muscular Development is your number one source for building muscle, and for the latest research and best science to enable you to train smart and effectively. Our team of physicians, industry experts and research scientists has these reports on improving performance this month:

“The Mile High Mecca: the Phil Heath Advantage” Fat Attack,

“Do You Need Post-Workout Carbs to Maximize Muscle Growth?” Nutrition Performance,

“Olympia Edition: Top 5 Pre- and Post-Workout Supplements” Supplement Performance,

“Pump Up Your Muscle Growth” Muscle Growth Update,

“Anabolic Research Update” Testosterone,

“Ronnie Coleman: Under the Microscope, the Genetics of a Champion” Bodybuilding Science,

The rest of the book is packed to the binder as usual— making MD the Number #1 Hard-core Bodybuilding Multimedia Company in the World! Your one-stop, most authoritative source for hard-core bodybuilding, optimizing muscular development with the latest cutting-edge research on training, nutrition, fat loss, performance-enhancing drugs, muscle growth and bodybuilding science— and exclusive information from the industry experts, insiders and bodybuilding legends who make it all happen.

Special thanks to our sponsor for the Olympia – Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals! Thank you for all you have done for us over the years. Catch all of the Olympia action right here on Muscular Development during Olympia week! Also, check out Hi-Tech’s Growth Factor #1 by J.A. Giresi and learn the secrets of what makes Hi-Tech and CEO Jared Wheat a success!

Thanks for all of your support!

See you at the Olympia!

Best,

Steve

Can’t wait to get mine!
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

I used to be a big fan of Heath, but he gives NOTHING to his fans. Every other pro releases prep videos, and guest poses at various events. Heath does none of this. BORING!

Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Can’t wait to get mine!
    since I'm not attending this years Olympia i will be looking forward to getting this months issue
    for some great pre coverage

Buffguy -

so let me ask you a question -

when did bodybuilding become a moral activity !?

I mean I get what your saying , but bodybuilding is selfish by nature

I know I’m playing devils advocate here

But Phil Heath doesn’t owe us anything

and what exactly would you like him to give us as fans?

We don’t know him personally ?

When exactly did bodybuilding become a moral entourage of hierarchy role modeling ???

I see zero evidence to support your speculations ??

What say you Homeboy ????

Ps - this is by no means meant to be antagonistic or belittling to you personally !!!
    Im saying it seriously but it’s a bit tongue and cheek as well !!!

take care,

God Bless

bantam

QUOTE=buffguy;4373951]I used to be a big fan of Heath, but he gives NOTHING to his fans. Every other pro releases prep videos, and guest poses at various events. Heath does none of this. BORING![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by buffguy View Post
    I used to be a big fan of Heath, but he gives NOTHING to his fans. Every other pro releases prep videos, and guest poses at various events. Heath does none of this. BORING!

Whoa, You were a huge fan of Heath, what happened?!

It would never happen of course but wouldn’t it be funny if the cover picture was of him from last year with that gross turtle shell 9 months prefo debauchery LOL how the hell did THAT grossness deserve to claim the title of best bb’er in the PRO ranks ✌�� There had to be some shady, backroom, oil down or who the hell knows? Something he did or promised allowed him a clear win he did NOT deserve - simple.
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    It would never happen of course but wouldn’t it be funny if the cover picture was of him from last year with that gross turtle shell 9 months prefo debauchery LOL how the hell did THAT grossness deserve to claim the title of best bb’er in the PRO ranks ✌�� There had to be some shady, backroom, oil down or who the hell knows? Something he did or promised allowed him a clear win he did NOT deserve - simple.
    Old SANDOW!
    Chief Editor EASTLABS.RU - judge IFBB PRO LEAGUE - judge IFBB