Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remembering

Iron Addict

Remembering Toni Morrison, An Iconic American Author

Iron Addict

Remembering 'Trek' Favorite, Barbara March, 1953-2019

The Lursa actress passed away this week at age 65.

StarTrek.com is saddened to report the passing of Barbara March, the stage, TV and film actress who made her mark on the Star Trek franchise with her memorable performances as the fierce Klingon, Lursa, sister of B'Etor (Gwynyth Walsh), in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes "Redemption," "Redemption, Part II," and "Firstborn," the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine entry “Past Prologue,” and the TNG feature Star Trek Generations. March also provided Lursa's voice for the video game Star Trek: The Next Generation — Klingon Honor Guard, and, frequently alongside Walsh, was a fan favorite at Trek conventions worldwide. March's husband, Alan Scarfe — himself a three-time Trek guest star — confirmed on Facebook that she passed away on August 11 at the age of 65.

"My beloved Barbara, my partner in all things for more than forty years, passed through eternity's gate yesterday evening after a cruel battle with cancer," Scarfe wrote in his post. "She was wise and compassionate and beautiful and her brilliance, kindness and perspicacity touched many."

Born in Toronto, Canada, March attended the University of Windsor and was classically trained. She acted in productions at the Guthrie Theatre in Minneapolis as well as Canada’s prestigious Stratford Shakespeare Festival, with further credits in New York and Los Angeles. Her non-Trek film and TV credits included Night Heat, The Gambler Returns: The Luck of the Draw, L.A. Law, The Portrait, and Total Security. Also an author and playwright, March was married since 1979 to Scarfe, and together they had a daughter, Tosia, both of whom survive her, along with her stepson, Jonathan.

March was best known for her Trek work, and she relished both the Lursa role and the fan base's enduring embrace of her character. "It's amazing," she told Ian Spelling in 1994, during an interview for the official Star Trek Generations magazine. "We were really surprised by how popular Lursa and B'Etor are. I think it's because, in one sense, these women have a great deal of power. They're very emotional, almost a bad Laurel and Hardy team. They're rebellious, strong, and can kick butt, and there just aren't that many female characters on television who control things like the Duras sisters try to do. I think all of these aspects, and the chemistry between Gwynyth and I, have helped the characters really catch on. It was wonderful to create a character on Star Trek because she wasn't a stereotypical cardboard cutout."

Please join StarTrek.com in offering our condolences to March's family, friends, colleagues and many fans.

https://www.startrek.com/news/barbar...a6rfJ9vS6laH0I

Iron Addict

RIP Peter Fonda

Hollywood icon Peter Fonda is easy riding into the sunset -- the veteran actor is dead ... TMZ has learned.

A rep for Peter confirmed his passing, but did not have details on the cause of death. We're told Peter had been in and out of the hospital recently with an undisclosed ailment.

Peter, is Jane Fonda's brother and son of Henry Fonda. He's most well known for his iconic role in the 1969 counterculture classic, "Easy Rider" ... which he co-wrote and produced. He also costarred with Dennis Hopper and Jack Nicholson.

The 50th anniversary of the film "Easy Rider" just past on July 14th, and Peter was planning a concert and screening for September.

He was an Oscar nominee for writing "Easy Rider." He was also nominated for Best Actor for his role as a beekeeper in "Ulee's Gold."

Peter won a Golden Globe in 2000 for "The Passion of Ayn Rand."

He was married 3 times. His most-recent wife was Margaret DeVogelaere.

He was 79.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/16/peter...dGOS4CZJysTbqc

Iron Addict

RIP Ric Ocasek

Iron Addict

RIP Eddie Money

"A source close to Eddie tells us the singer died from complications associated with his heart valve procedure from a few months ago."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/13/eddie...l-cancer-dies/

Iron Addict

Diahann Carroll (July 17, 1935 – Oct. 4, 2019)
    The stage, film and TV actress was best known for the 1968 series "Julia," in which she was the first African-American actress to star in a show where she did not play a domestic worker. In another first for a black woman, Carroll won the Tony Award for best actress in the musical "No Strings." In 1974, she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress for the film "Claudine." In 1984, Carroll joined the nighttime soap opera "Dynasty" as the diva Dominique Deveraux.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/di...=BHEA000&pfr=1

Iron Addict

Robert Forster, a prolific character actor who was nominated for an Oscar for Quentin Tarantino’s “Jackie Brown” and appeared in more than 100 films, died Friday in Los Angeles of brain cancer. He was 78.

Tarantino created the bail bondsman character Max Cherry with Forster in mind, and the role netted him his first Academy Award nomination.

Most recently Forster reprised his “Breaking Bad” role as Ed in “El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie,” which was released Friday, and appeared in Steven Spielberg’s “Amazing Stories” and in “Werewolf.”

David Lynch cast the actor with a distinctive weathered look in “Mulholland Dr.” and in the rebooted “Twin Peaks” as Sheriff Frank Truman.

“I’ve done a lot of genre pictures in my career…I’ve always liked them,” Forster told the Bleecker Street blog upon the release of 2018’s indie drama “What They Had.”

Forster played Tim Allen’s father in “Last Man Standing,” a rare comedy appearance, and played the father of a comatose mom in Alexander Payne’s “The Descendants,” which was nominated for ensemble acting prizes by SAG and the Gotham awards.

Born in Rochester, N.Y., Forster started his career on Broadway in “Mrs. Dally Has a Lover” before John Huston cast him in “Reflections in a Golden Eye” opposite Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando.

He appeared in “Medium Cool” for director Haskell Wexler and starred in the TV series “Banyon” — reportedly the role that Tarantino remembered when casting him in “Jackie Brown” — and appeared in movies including “Alligator,” “Olympus Has Fallen” and “American Perfekt.”

Forster is survived by his children: Bobby, Elizabeth, Kate and Maeghen; his grandchildren: Tess, Liam, Jack and Olivia; and long time partner, Denise Grayson.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...wn-1203368514/

Iron Addict

Star Trek and House of 1,000 Corpses Actor Michael J. Pollard Dead at 80

Longtime character actor Michael J. Pollard has died at the age of 80. Pollard is best known for his role in Rob Zombie's House of 1,000 Corpses, but his credits extend as far as the original Star Trek series, where he played Jahn, leader of the band of feral, parent-murdering children. Pollard's unique look helped him standout in other film and TV performances, which include Scrooged, Tango & Cash, Tales from the Crypt, Dick Tracy and even the short-lived Superboy animated series, where Pollard voiced iconic Superman foe, Mr. Mxyzptlk. Needless to say, Pollard can be considered one of the true "unsung hero" types of Geek culture, and his unique charisma will be missed.

Rob Zombie was hit hard by the actor's loss, and took to social media to let his fandom know about this loss in the family:

"We have lost another member of our HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES family. I woke up to the news that Michael J. Pollard had died. I have always loved his work and his truly unique on screen presence. He was one of the first actors I knew I had to work with as soon as I got my first film off the ground. He will be missed.

I can't believe all three of my friends in this picture are now gone."

Pollard was originally from Passaic, New Jersey, and attended the Montclair Academy and Actors Studio in NYC. He got his start in the TV/Film industry in 1959, playing a shoeshine boy in an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. He landed additional roles and a non-singing part in the original Broadway version of Bye Bye Birdie, and also landed the role of Virgil on The Andy Griffith Show that same year. He would continue to work for CBS, ABC and Walt Disney as a character actor in different shows (Gunsmoke, Channing, The Lucy Show, I Spy, Lost In Space) and got a breakout on film, playing supporting role of bank robber C.W. Moss in the 1967 Bonnie and Clyde film, starring Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway, and Gene Hackman.

Bonnie and Clyde snagged Pollard Oscar and Golden Globe nominations, as well as the BAFTA Award for Most Promising Newcomer to Leading Film Roles. The newfound fame led to Pollard going so far as to launch a fake presidential campaign in 1968. Pollard would see his career evolve into the string of memorable character roles thereafter, cementing his name in the annals of geekdom several times over.

R.I.P. Michael J. Pollard. We extend our condolences to his friends, family, and many fans, in their time of grieving.

https://comicbook.com/startrek/2019/...EFmBGtE7rzqrJU

Iron Addict

Caroll Spinney, 'Sesame Street' Puppeteer Behind Big Bird, Dies at 85

Quote Originally Posted by Gregzs View Post
    Caroll Spinney, 'Sesame Street' Puppeteer Behind Big Bird, Dies at 85

i use to watch that show when i was little, i totally enjoyed Big Bird. Prayers to his family and friends.
    MY KING OF KINGS

Iron Addict

René Auberjonois Dies: ‘Benson’ And ‘Star Trek’ Actor Was 79

René Auberjonois, an actor who rose to prominence with roles on Benson, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and the film M.A.S.H., died Sunday at his home in Los Angeles of metastatic lung cancer, the Associated Press reported. He was 79.

Auberjonois was a character actor and performed in theater of the 1960s. He made the transition to film in the 1970s, and appeared on a string of popular television series in the 1980s and ’90s.

He made a mark as Father Mulcahy in Robert Altman’s 1970 film M.A.S.H. Auberjonois would later win over a legion of television fans as Clayton Runnymede Endicott III, chief of staff at the governor’s mansion on the sitcom Benson, which aired from 1979-1986.

He segued to sci-fi television with his portrayal of Constable Odo, the station’s chief of security, on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, which aired from 1993-1999.

In 1984, Auberjonois received a Primetime Emmy nomination for his role on Benson. He picked up a second Emmy nomination in 2001 in the guest actor drama series category for playing Judge Mantz on legal drama The Practice.

His other memorable recurring roles were as Walter Nowack in Madam Secretary; a cardinal in Archer; and a judge in Judging Amy.

Auberjonois also did extensive voice work in animation, including as the singing French chef in Disney’s 1989 film The Little Mermaid. He played Kangent in The Pirates of Dark Water; and Dr. March in Batman: The Animated Series.

The actor was born in New York in 1940. He graduated from Pittsburgh’s Carnegie Institute of Technology, now Carnegie Mellon. Auberjonois later decided to pursue a career as a performer, joining theater companies and landing roles on Broadway in 1968. He earned Tony nominations for his stage work in 1973’s “The Good Doctor,” 1984’s “Big River,” and 1989’s “City of Angels.”

https://deadline.com/2019/12/rene-au...79-1202804076/

Iron Addict

Star Trek: The Next Generation Star Marina Sirtis' Husband Michael Lamper Dead at 61

Usually when a star from Star Trek: The Next Generation tweets it is usually for some fun fact or a bit of promotion. But, Marina Sirtis came to the social media platform with some sad news. Her husband Michael Lamper has passed away at the age of 61. Lamper was both a guitarist and an Acamarian Gatherer on an episode of The Next Generation in the third season. This development is quite shocking and sad for fans who enjoyed both her work as Deanna Troi on The Next Generation and her husband’s appearance in an episode as well. Everyone has a favorite episode and “The Vengeance Factor” is probably it for someone out there.

The actress wrote on Twitter, “I’m going to be gone for a while. My beloved husband passed away peacefully in his sleep last night. For those of you waiting for a shout out on Cameo, please forgive me I don’t feel up to i. I’ll let you know when the service is back on.”

Back in 1992, Lamper married Sirtis with Bret Spiner and Michael Dorn as groomsmen. They met after one of the actress’ personal friends introduced Lamper. He played alongside a number of accomplished musicians like Tommy Shaw from Stix, Quiet Riot and Los Lobos.

https://comicbook.com/startrek/2019/...sband-dead-61/

Iron Addict

Marie Fredriksson of Roxette Dead at 61

Marie Fredriksson -- lead singer for the pop-rock duo, Roxette -- has died after a 17-year battle with cancer ... TMZ has learned.

According to her management group ... the Swedish musician passed away Monday. After being diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2002, Marie received aggressive treatment that was ultimately successful, allowing Roxette to return after a long hiatus and release new music.

However, Marie was advised by doctors to stop touring and focus on her health in 2016.

Roxette formed in 1986 and became an international sensation with their breakout #1 hit in 1989 -- "The Look."

The duo's success continued the following year with the single "It Must Have Been Love," which was featured on the soundtrack of the iconic Julia Roberts/Richard Gere rom-com, "Pretty Woman."

The group's other big hits include "Listen to Your Heart" and "Joyride." All in all, Roxette put out 10 albums to go along with 10 major tours.

Marie's management says she "leaves us a grand musical legacy." It says, "Her amazing voice – both strong and sensitive – and her magical live performances will be remembered by all of us who was lucky enough to witness them," adding ... "But we also remember a wonderful person with a huge appetite for life, and woman with a very big heart who cared for everybody she met."

Her former bandmate, guitarist and singer Per Gessle, says ... "Thank you, Marie, thanks for everything. You were an outstanding musician, a master of the voice, an amazing performer. Thanks for painting my black and white songs in the most beautiful colours. You were the most wonderful friend for over 40 years."

Fredriksson's survived by her husband and 2 children.

She was 61.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/10/marie...CgjRmKy0rM9SUs

Iron Addict

Philip McKeon, ‘Alice’ Star, Dies at 55

Actor was brother to “Facts of Life” star Nancy McKeon

“Alice” star Philip McKeon has died at the age of 55, according to a representative.

McKeon died on Tuesday after a long battle with an unspecified illness.

“We are all beyond heartbroken and devastated over Phil’s passing,” family spokesperson Jeff Ballard said in a statement. “His wonderful sense of humor, kindness and loyalty will be remembered by all who crossed his path in life.”

McKeon, who was the older brother of “Facts of Life” star Nancy McKeon, was best known for co-starring alongside Linda Lavin in the CBS comedy “Alice,” from 1976 to 1985. He went on to make appearances on shows including “CHiPs,” “Fantasy Island” and “The Love Boat.”

After his career as an actor, McKeon went on to work in radio, serving in the news department at the Los Angeles station KFWB News 98 for a decade. Most recently, he was the host of his own radio show in Wimberly, Texas.

Charlie Sheen, who appeared alongside McKeon in an episode of “Amazing Stories,” was among those who paid tribute to McKeon on social media on Tuesday.

McKeon is survived by his sister Nancy and mother, Barbara.

https://www.thewrap.com/philip-mckeo...ar-dies-at-55/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12