Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you turn Pro in your first show now???

I know that Ron, it is for life, this one was the only one I ever ordered/accepted, I was eligible in Nabba and Wabba and INBA/PNBA ( Natural) too but never competed as a Pro. I do not even put Pro at any of my websites, facebook or advertisements, it just does not feel right to say that you are a Pro but you actually do not compete as such. Just my opinion. In the end it worked out well for me, otherwise I would have not be inducted into the Amateur Hall of fame. In the Pro Hall of fame I would never had made it, so all good. You do the best you can with what your genetics and your drive and willpower let you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    That was when there was just one organization named IFBB, but the pro status is for life

MD Online Editor

I would estimate that when I started following pro bb in fall of 1987, there were no more than 200 men and women with Pro cards. I would love to have a true tally of what that number is now, but I would not be surprised if it's somewhere around 2,000.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by ben1 View Post
    I know that Ron, it is for life, this one was the only one I ever ordered/accepted, I was eligible in Nabba and Wabba and INBA/PNBA ( Natural) too but never competed as a Pro. I do not even put Pro at any of my websites, facebook or advertisements, it just does not feel right to say that you are a Pro but you actually do not compete as such. Just my opinion. In the end it worked out well for me, otherwise I would have not be inducted into the Amateur Hall of fame. In the Pro Hall of fame I would never had made it, so all good. You do the best you can with what your genetics and your drive and willpower let you do.
    Ah true - had I ever managed to get a Pro card, I would admittedly have been one of the worst-built pro bb's in the league. But, I can say I am one of the best-built full-time bb writers!
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Ah true - had I ever managed to get a Pro card, I would admittedly have been one of the worst-built pro bb's in the league. But, I can say I am one of the best-built full-time bb writers!
    thats what you say, i'm the writter with a pro phsyque.. not even Peter McGough could say that.. thats what would seperate you from his coat tails..
    you need that pro card Ron.. then after you get it you jump right into the Night of Champions/NY Pro like Bob Chick did and get crushed by Marcus Ruhl

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    thats what you say, i'm the writter with a pro phsyque.. not even Peter McGough could say that.. thats what would seperate you from his coat tails..
    you need that pro card Ron.. then after you get it you jump right into the Night of Champions/NY Pro like Bob Chick did and get crushed by Marcus Ruhl
    I would get crushed just like I have seen just about every guy who has turned Pro as a Masters has in Open pro shows. Josh Wade is an exception. Usually when I cover shows and see a guy in Open, 212, or Classic who sucks and does not look like he belongs up there with the other athletes, I wonder, how the F did that dude get his pro card? Then I Google him, and he turned pro as a Masters.

You are an amazing writer, a "Pro writer" and you make more money with it than many BB Pro's!!! Be proud!

Quote Originally Posted by ben1 View Post
    You are an amazing writer, a "Pro writer" and you make more money with it than many BB Pro's!!! Be proud!
    I am, I wouldn't even give a shit about having a Pro card except that I personally know a lot of guys I have either beaten or could beat who have Pro cards now.

I get your point, I would be angry too, maybe just give it a try for you and only yourself! Over 50 is an option but preparing at that age is not easy, ask me.
    I am, I wouldn't even give a shit about having a Pro card except that I personally know a lot of guys I have either beaten or could beat who have Pro cards now.

[QUOTE=Ron Harris;4385353]
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    Sez you!
    The pro card quest was a very effective tool to increase entry number in NPC national, USA's, Jr USA,( especially) , jr nats and masters nats events.
    If you can't qualify via the open nationals , USA, North American or other nation's championship, you can't really compete with the pros. Simple.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by nocobb3203 View Post
    Honestly if you have the genetics to do it who cares? The burden is on good or even great competitors to show up and make sure average physiques dont win. However I think ti should be even across the board, never understood why every other category gets pro cards at Jr USA or Jr Nats. I dont think anyone should get a card from a Jr show.
    I also feel that if you place second, you should not get a pro card either.

Quote Originally Posted by reno210 View Post
    I also feel that if you place second, you should not get a pro card either.
    At some shows, the ones with tons of crossovers where people will compete in Open, Masters 35+, Masters 40+, and so on, you sometimes see a class winner win who already won a class 20 minutes before. In that case, the card goes to second place. Sometimes the top 2 in a class already got cards that night, so it goes to the THIRD place man or woman! Yes, really. Happened at the NPC Universe in WPD a few years back when I was there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12