Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What grinds my gears at the gym | Ask Ron Ep. 60

Default What grinds my gears at the gym | Ask Ron Ep. 60

Freak of Nature

I know there are a lot of (natty) bodybuilders that gravitate towards powerlifting routines while mixing in "bodybuilding" stuff because technically if you're adding weight to the bar & getting stronger you will be gaining muscle as well. Their workouts are calculated with an ultimate goal of after 8-12 weeks you test your 1 rep maxes or do an all out set of each exercise (bench, squat, deadlift, overhead press) and then calculate your new 1 rep max and the cycle continues.

Hate bearded guys in hats getting water on the floor and pre-workout powder all over the water fountain filling up their shaker cups standing around in sleeveless bodybuilding.com shirts sucking each other off.
    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Neva View Post
    I know there are a lot of (natty) bodybuilders that gravitate towards powerlifting routines while mixing in "bodybuilding" stuff because technically if you're adding weight to the bar & getting stronger you will be gaining muscle as well. Their workouts are calculated with an ultimate goal of after 8-12 weeks you test your 1 rep maxes or do an all out set of each exercise (bench, squat, deadlift, overhead press) and then calculate your new 1 rep max and the cycle continues.
    I do not believe that getting stronger in 1-rep maxes gives you much in the way of mass gains. If that were true, all PL's would be bigger than bb's.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Womanthrower View Post
    Hate bearded guys in hats getting water on the floor and pre-workout powder all over the water fountain filling up their shaker cups standing around in sleeveless bodybuilding.com shirts sucking each other off.
    Yes, gyms are infested with these types like cockroaches.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

^^^can't grow a beard and looks horrible in hats

:]

I think we also need to make the distinction that these guys wear their hats backwards.

Damn, you have an understanding gym! At my gym they yell out.."Hey,stop sucking that dudes cock!".

1.Reading the newspaper on leg day.
    2.On the cell phone next to ya talking the craziest things out in public.
    3.Someone that's on treadmill and has an odor as if they didn't shower for weeks!
    4.People that don't put their weights back! (Gym etiquette). 80lbs dumbbells are a mile across the gym from the dumbbell rack!
    5. Women wearing heavy perfume.
    6. Gym has become a place where it's more social than serious of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post
    1.Reading the newspaper on leg day.
    2.On the cell phone next to ya talking the craziest things out in public.
    3.Someone that's on treadmill and has an odor as if they didn't shower for weeks!
    4.People that don't put their weights back! (Gym etiquette). 80lbs dumbbells are a mile across the gym from the dumbbell rack!
    5. Women wearing heavy perfume.
    6. Gym has become a place where it's more social than serious of late.
    I used to be upset by that, but now I think I would be more shocked that anyone still reads a newspaper!

I've reached an age in life where things that really bothered me at the gym now just get a quick head shake. With that being said these oxygen deprivation masks I see guys wearing as well as those rubber webbed feet on people for no fucking reason other than to scream " YO LOOK AT ME" really irk me.

Quote Originally Posted by supbro! View Post
    I've reached an age in life where things that really bothered me at the gym now just get a quick head shake. With that being said these oxygen deprivation masks I see guys wearing as well as those rubber webbed feet on people for no fucking reason other than to scream " YO LOOK AT ME" really irk me.
    I'm with you. The only thing that still bothers me is people leaving weights on, because that does affect me. How people dress, how they train, none of that has anything to do with my workout. Even if someone is lingering on a certain piece of equipment I want, I don't stress because I can come back to it later. And, I'm lucky that my gym is pretty large and well-equipped, with doubles of many machines, 6 squat racks, 2 power racks, 4 Smith machines, and tons of benches. doubles and triples on most dumbbells. Bayshore Athletic Club in Braintree, MA

Freak of Nature

I saw a guy doing leg press & shoulder press at the same time a few months ago, that was something.

Quote Originally Posted by swingslammer View Post
    Damn, you have an understanding gym! At my gym they yell out.."Hey,stop sucking that dudes cock!".
    At my gym, we pull out our pricks and get in line. No homo.

^^^As long as you said "No homo"....all is well!

Half repping. ...yes I know Branch lived and died by the half rep! I want to say to guys " You are getting an AWESOME triceps workout...and a shitty chest workout!".

Quote Originally Posted by swingslammer View Post
    Half repping. ...yes I know Branch lived and died by the half rep! I want to say to guys " You are getting an AWESOME triceps workout...and a shitty chest workout!".
    If they have no injuries, I agree it's idiotic. Anyone with serious issues like a torn cuff or labrum (as I strongly suspect is the case with my left shoulder, the one without any cartilage left), can't go all the way down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast