Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sergio Oliva Jr talking more trash in IG - Why he's always so agressive?

Quote Originally Posted by Bestia View Post
    Most jaw dropping moment was when Ronnie came back that next year and just blew everyone's minds. It was like he came to a knife fight with a rocket launcher. Just waaaay next level.
    Exactly mate, that’s what the best champions always do.

Remember when Jay came back at the 2009 Olympia after losing the title to Dexter the year before?

Who’s to say Phil couldn’t do exactly the same in 2019 or 2020 if he decides to come back then? It’s stories like this that really build an extra special legacy.

Either way though, if Phil doesn’t come back he will ALWAYS have 7 Sandows sitting on his mantelpiece and that is pretty darned cool and one hell of an achievement.
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 28- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56ks2IuiIWk

I know what you mean and I agree that is what he should do. I don't see him being wired that way though. Ronnie and Jay never cried and moaned like this. They got pissed and prob in a private moment did some honest self reflection before ultimately taking the gloves off and turning things up a notch in all aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool90 View Post
    baye looks broken in that pic.
    i'm sending Lukas my endorsement to get Baye in his Croation Butt Buddies dvd series... maybe that will put a smile on Gaye's face

Quote Originally Posted by Bestia View Post
    Most jaw dropping moment was when Ronnie came back that next year and just blew everyone's minds. It was like he came to a knife fight with a rocket launcher. Just waaaay next level.
    I still think Jay’s 2009 statement was a slight edge over Ronnie’s 2003 statement but both were undeniable presentations that have been ingrained as some of the greatest in IFBB Pro Bodybuilding History.

I was always a Cutler guy though so perhaps there is a little bias but this was jaw dropping in 2009. If Phil could come out like this in 2020 with even a physique 95% to his 2011 look, it would be a great moment for him and the sport. Time will tell. Being on top for 7 years straight with Phil, there must have been some complacency even if it was subconscious. Jay admitted to this himself and said that was the main reason why he was so off and lost to Dex in 2008. He had battled Ronnie all those years, then finally dethroned him and he said that once you are on top and not battling like you were to get there, you can easily become complacent without really realizing it until you are on stage and on the verge of a loss.

"Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

I agree with Giles, if Phil can come back and win 8 titles, or eventually 9, it would make for a much more epic tale because he did get beaten along the way and had to come back from that shattering loss.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Vin77 View Post
    I still think Jay’s 2009 statement was a slight edge over Ronnie’s 2003 statement but both were undeniable presentations that have been ingrained as some of the greatest in IFBB Pro Bodybuilding History.

I was always a Cutler guy though so perhaps there is a little bias but this was jaw dropping in 2009. If Phil could come out like this in 2020 with even a physique 95% to his 2011 look, it would be a great moment for him and the sport. Time will tell. Being on top for 7 years straight with Phil, there must have been some complacency even if it was subconscious. Jay admitted to this himself and said that was the main reason why he was so off and lost to Dex in 2008. He had battled Ronnie all those years, then finally dethroned him and he said that once you are on top and not battling like you were to get there, you can easily become complacent without really realizing it until you are on stage and on the verge of a loss.

From a physique standpoint I dont agree but from a something I never thought I would see happen standpoint - Jay's is at the top. I honestly never thought I would see a reigning Mr O lose onstage and then come back to claim the title once again. Just some serious commitment and moxy to go pedal down with a giant chip on your shoulder to get what you feel should still be yours. Great stuff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123