Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Which steroids increase blood pressure the most? Ask the Anabolic Doc Ep. 31

Default Which steroids increase blood pressure the most? Ask the Anabolic Doc Ep. 31

what were the top 3? i'm guessing all orals

Dbol and anapalon! Always got frequent nose bleeds taking either.
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 28- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56ks2IuiIWk

For me, it was always Anadrol or D-bol. Tren was up there too.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar

I haven't done anything in years other than Test C or E. My BP skyrockets if I don't do cardio and take orals, it's a recipe for disaster. Years ago when I was living in my parent's basement and in my 20's and didn't have a care in the world other than my college and part time gigs, I remember getting nose bleeds, and thinking that it was from my boxing. It wasn't. Im 100% sure it was from high BP, I recall having headaches, neck stiffness, bloodshot eyes. I actually cringe thinking about this. I Never thought to get my BP check cause when your in your early 20's you think you can walk through brick walls and attack a tribe of lions and come out on top.

Weight training has no effect on lowering blood pressure for me. I've experimented extensively throughout the years and kept a journal. I've trained 5 days a week, and as little as 2 times, BP was consistent. Actually overall if I were to tally the BP up on days that I trained often vs non often, I found my BP to be lower on days that I weight trained less as in 2 times a week. I attribute that to Cortisol and other stress hormones possibly.

It may be age related. Im 35 now. I'm sitting anywhere between 240 to 250 which isn't my ideal weight. however my BP is textbook and has bee lower for me when I was lighter.
    "#KillingShitz #HaterRepz"

Bodybuilders abuse androgens that make kidneys to release EPO.
    As a result hemopoiesis will elevate hemoglobin and hematoctrite.Thus,bloods viscosity increases and blood becomes thicker. This is a serious factor for ischemic stroke,because can lead to occlusion of cerebral arteries. This occurs even more easily, especially if athlete smokes. Nicotine is known to promote platelets aggregation.
    Moreover, bodybuilders abuse CNS stimulants in order to enhance beta oxidation of adipose tissue. Ephedrine & Clenbuterol HCL,thyroxine and triodothyronine,amphetamines and caffeine,are among them. These adrenergic sympatheticomimetic substances elevate systemic blood pressure dramatically, both systolic and diastolic.As a result, a cerebral aneurism is highly likely to occur, under stressing circumstances, such as squats or HIIT.Ischemic strokes have usually better prognosis, rather than hemorrhagic strokes.In hemorrhagic stroke,the area where blood is spread into cerebral cortex,is destroyed and equals with cellular death.Hemorage compresses cortex and edema takes place.
    Another factor that elevates blood pressure is aldosterone hormone.
    As we know,AAS promote water retention,known as edema into the muscle.This is the result of sodium retention, the main extracellular element.
    AAS that aromatize,lead to water retention as well.Estrogens are linked with this edema and puffy look.Therefore a bodybuilder under off season, who abuses steroids that aromatise,has greater chances of developing hypertension.
    As preventing rules, the use of salicylic acid will inhibit platelets agreggation.A diet low in sodium also helps, while blood donation lowers bloods volume.
    AAS induce thromboembolism,through another mechanism.
    Fibrinogen is a clotting factor elevated under steroid abuse.Thus,blood is more likely to form clots and embolism.Tobacco also promotes thrombosis, throughnicotine. This substance is known to disrupt the endothelium of arteries, leading to platelets aggregation.
    However, few AAS that donítaromatiseare capable to increase BP (Patrick Arnold). Flyoxymesterone and trenbolone are among them.
    Both of them suppress the catabolic glucocorticosteroid cortisol (this is the reason of their high anabolic effect).But they also suppress the mineral corticosteroid aldosterone.So this is the reason they have zero water retention (Peter Van Mol).
    However, other mechanisms that involve inhibition of the enzyme 11-hydroxylase,will eventually lead to increased blood pressure.Kidneys have this specific enzyme, in order to protect them from increased blood pressure from cortisol.This enzyme converts cortisol into the inactive cortisone (synthetic form).The reason of that is the fact aldosterone's receptors are sometimes bound by cortisol and the problem initiates.
    When inhibition of 11 hydroxylase occurs, another corticosteroid deoxycorticosterone is synthesized,leading to increased blood pressure(Nelson Vergel).

http://gtoul.com/aas-induced-hypertension/

Quote Originally Posted by George Touliatos View Post
    As a result hemopoiesis will elevate hemoglobin and hematoctrite.Thus,bloods viscosity increases and blood becomes thicker. This is a serious factor for ischemic stroke,because can lead to occlusion of cerebral arteries. This occurs even more easily, especially if athlete smokes. Nicotine is known to promote platelets aggregation.
    Moreover, bodybuilders abuse CNS stimulants in order to enhance beta oxidation of adipose tissue. Ephedrine & Clenbuterol HCL,thyroxine and triodothyronine,amphetamines and caffeine,are among them. These adrenergic sympatheticomimetic substances elevate systemic blood pressure dramatically, both systolic and diastolic.As a result, a cerebral aneurism is highly likely to occur, under stressing circumstances, such as squats or HIIT.Ischemic strokes have usually better prognosis, rather than hemorrhagic strokes.In hemorrhagic stroke,the area where blood is spread into cerebral cortex,is destroyed and equals with cellular death.Hemorage compresses cortex and edema takes place.
    As we know,AAS promote water retention,known as edema into the muscle.This is the result of sodium retention, the main extracellular element.
    AAS that aromatize,lead to water retention as well.Estrogens are linked with this edema and puffy look.Therefore a bodybuilder under off season, who abuses steroids that aromatise,has greater chances of developing hypertension.
    As preventing rules, the use of salicylic acid will inhibit platelets agreggation.A diet low in sodium also helps, while blood donation lowers bloods volume.
    Fibrinogen is a clotting factor elevated under steroid abuse.Thus,blood is more likely to form clots and embolism.Tobacco also promotes thrombosis, throughnicotine. This substance is known to disrupt the endothelium of arteries, leading to platelets aggregation.
    However, few AAS that don’taromatiseare capable to increase BP (Patrick Arnold). Flyoxymesterone and trenbolone are among them.
    Both of them suppress the catabolic glucocorticosteroid cortisol (this is the reason of their high anabolic effect).But they also suppress the mineral corticosteroid aldosterone.So this is the reason they have zero water retention (Peter Van Mol).
    However, other mechanisms that involve inhibition of the enzyme 11-hydroxylase,will eventually lead to increased blood pressure.Kidneys have this specific enzyme, in order to protect them from increased blood pressure from cortisol.This enzyme converts cortisol into the inactive cortisone (synthetic form).The reason of that is the fact aldosterone's receptors are sometimes bound by cortisol and the problem initiates.
    When inhibition of 11 hydroxylase occurs, another corticosteroid deoxycorticosterone is synthesized,leading to increased blood pressure(Nelson Vergel).

Thanks for all that info! Very useful to PED users here.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Moreover, bodybuilders abuse CNS stimulants in order to enhance beta oxidation of adipose tissue. Ephedrine & Clenbuterol HCL,thyroxine and triodothyronine,amphetamines and caffeine,are among them. These adrenergic sympatheticomimetic substances elevate systemic blood pressure dramatically, both systolic and diastolic.As a result, a cerebral aneurism is highly likely to occur, under stressing circumstances, such as squats or HIIT
    Lol, that sounds very exaggerated.
    ęHumanity has been led by failures.Ľ

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Lol, that sounds very exaggerated.
    you are more likely to blow out your anus with hemroids doing squats then have an aneurism

However, few AAS that donítaromatiseare capable to increase BP (Patrick Arnold). Flyoxymesterone and trenbolone are among them.

some good info in there George

Never had a problem with Dbol. Anadrol scared the shit out of me, with all the stories of side effects.