Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Ray: I believe Ronnie Coleman is addicted to working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    agree... i was the best baseball and football player on the east coast of the united states but nothing brought more joy to me then going down into my basement with my valeo lifting gloves and belt, mixing my vitargo and turning on my music to do 50 sets of chest on my Weider workout bench... now all kids do is go on there phones, i am in protest of technology so i have a beeper,disc-man for cds and fanny pack ,... no smart phone or i-pod or i-pad
    I keep my 8 track tapes in a roomy fanny pack.
    What kind of evil magic is this "wireless phone" craze.
    Only a tool of the devil could talk without a wire.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Shawn is right on the money with this addiction assessment.
    It's what Ronnie knows and must be a tough lifestyle to quit.
    It's a big part of his identity.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

This is a bit controversial and I'm not saying this is the case. But when I look at his videos I always have taken notice of some behaviour that I have seen in my earlier job with persons who have aspergers syndrom or some lighter diagnosis within the autism spectra. Things like compulsive repeats of doing things, ticks and other small things that you recognize when you work with this. I have also experienced that there are milder forms of every diagnosis but that they really can affect the persons life big time, especially when it comes to changes in life, lifestyle and daily routines. To quit something that are a big part of life and your routine is not as easy for a person who is carrying a bit of the diagnosis named above within his head. Mabye I will be kicked at for writing this but I don't think that it is so easy for him to quit as people might think it is, I have seen people in my job doing really big damage to themselves rather than break their routines!

Quote Originally Posted by Perra_mja View Post
    This is a bit controversial and I'm not saying this is the case. But when I look at his videos I always have taken notice of some behaviour that I have seen in my earlier job with persons who have aspergers syndrom or some lighter diagnosis within the autism spectra. Things like compulsive repeats of doing things, ticks and other small things that you recognize when you work with this. I have also experienced that there are milder forms of every diagnosis but that they really can affect the persons life big time, especially when it comes to changes in life, lifestyle and daily routines. To quit something that are a big part of life and your routine is not as easy for a person who is carrying a bit of the diagnosis named above within his head. Mabye I will be kicked at for writing this but I don't think that it is so easy for him to quit as people might think it is, I have seen people in my job doing really big damage to themselves rather than break their routines!
    hey batty boy are you saying ronnie is a retard??????????????????????
    Stay dedicated to what you love , have a pure heart and God will show you the way ...

Quote Originally Posted by a.j View Post
    Hahaha, I'm shocked, I can not believe someone wrote something like that about Ronnie, based on what he showed in his training videos, lol.
    Humanity has been led by failures.

Ehhh no...And I don't like when people use that word on other human beings. Many big personalities and famous people have a little part of some diagnosis described above. That part can actually be the reason for that they have achieved their goals and be able to do things with an intensity that "normal" people could not handle.

Barbarian

Your post is autistic.

ronnie is addicted or not addicted. it is up to him to decide what he wants to do. Shawn's conjecture didnt/doesnt add anything of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    Good job with the sound bites Ron and Nate. Seen these get reposted on other forums.

The Ronnie one has like 90k views and has even had reaction videos made about it by your competition.
    Yes Ron, you have done very well. Chopping the interviews with catchy titles and sound bites makes a world of difference. Nicely done.

Ron, for what it is worth, one further idea is to repost or recycle popular old interview segments (like this one) once you build up your library. As an example, in 3-4 months from now, you will have an extensive catalogue with a slew of chopped and full interviews. At that point, you can start reposting and recycling your older top viewed videos for even more views. Ie. ‘Throwback Thursday - Shawn Ray “I think Ronnie Coleman is addicted to working out”. This will further maximize your views and it is like republishing for those who missed it for the first time and believe it or not, data shows that many who have already seen it will watch it again.

You could easily work 2-3 of these into your weekly video drops. Have a ‘Throwback Thursday’ and a ‘Flashback Friday’. Drop 2-3 older popular chopped interviews with catchy titles on these days. You eventually end up building a massive library and reposting your most highly viewed videos (whether they are 4 months, 8 months or 12+ months old) mixed in with your brand new weekly ones (this is referred to as ‘heavy rotation’). It will further maximize your impressions and keep these videos going viral in intervals.

M.D. will eclipse Nick’s Strength & Power. Heck, you get the interviews and create the sound bites/content so beat Nick and Fazi at their own game. Create, own the content and keep chopping with catchy click bait titles. Eventually, people will sub to M.D. for the 7-12 minute sound bite rather than waiting for Fazi and Nick to splice or steal parts of your interview, repost it and then react to it.

You are on on your way to creating and building the online Bobybuilding YouTube Empire.
    "Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

Ronnie holds a degree in Accounting, was a Police Officer and runs a successful supplement company. I don’t think he is on the autism spectrum. Body Dysmorphia, OCD tendencies, perhaps but autistic? I don’t see it personally. I think his fault (if you call it that) lies in his self identity. Guys like Dorian, Levrone, Ray, Flex...they did a dead stop of PEDs as soon as they retired (Flex and Dorian actually stopped everything cold turkey, which is another story). But the point is, and they have said this, that their physiques didn’t dictate or define them as people or individuals, they all immediately recognized and accepted that they are much more than just mass and muscle. I truly think Ronnie struggles with that to a degree. I can’t imagine how hard it would be to let go when you are larger than life but it seems to come easier for some than others, that goes for all pro sports athletes as well as aging Hollywood celebrities. Just my 2 cents as an armchair psychologist. lol

I do not think Ronnie is identified with his image as a competitor, but his character may identify with pushing heavyweight.
    Humanity has been led by failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    I do not think Ronnie is identified with his image as a competitor, but his character may identify with pushing heavyweight.
    The problem may have something to do with bodybuilding fans and perceptions of remaining popular.
    Fans are notorious for being fickle.
    Some bodybuilding fans are delusional and identify with and follow these guys based on them meeting their expectations of them as who they were, always at their prime.
    They don't meet fans delusional expectations, they drop them.

Quote Originally Posted by rroberto View Post
    shawn has never walked as a god amongst men, he cant understand Ronnie.
    Shawn is walking just fine, can't say the same for Ronnie.

He didn't call Ronnie a retard at all.
    YOU did.

That's a horribly offensive term to use on people with Aspergers. Grow the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by IRON DWARF View Post
    He didn't call Ronnie a retard at all.
    YOU did.

That's a horribly offensive term to use on people with Aspergers. Grow the fuck up.
    Stop trolling on m.d forums , please
    Stay dedicated to what you love , have a pure heart and God will show you the way ...

Stop trolling on m.d forums , please
    Ron wanted to do whatever it took to bring his genetics to the max level in the history of the world and he did it...
    the connection between man and gorilla has been found with King Colemen... 320lbs with ripped glutes will never happen again...
    that is not called be retarded, that is called dedication while also being smart...he didnt starve himself, he would eat cheese potatoes,steak and chicken with bbq sauce and still come in ripped because he had thin skin similar to Heath... guys like Kai,Beyeke,Akim have a thicker skin so they cannot use the bbq sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    Ron wanted to do whatever it took to bring his genetics to the max level in the history of the world and he did it...
    the connection between man and gorilla has been found with King Colemen... 320lbs with ripped glutes will never happen again...
    that is not called be retarded, that is called dedication while also being smart...he didnt starve himself, he would eat cheese potatoes,steak and chicken with bbq sauce and still come in ripped because he had thin skin similar to Heath... guys like Kai,Beyeke,Akim have a thicker skin so they cannot use the bbq sauce
    Yeah Budday...Okay...Lets Do This...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast