Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help Save This Bodybuilder’s Leg / Life!

Default Help Save This Bodybuilder’s Leg / Life!

We all do stupid things in our lives, poor choices that we live to regret. I don’t know this guy, his video showed up in my recommended.

This guy Dan, shot some nasty / dirty gear in his leg and has a severe necrotic infection which could or will cost him his leg if not his life. He is in Columbia and just dropped his life savings on an operation that didn’t work, so he needs another if he has any hope of saving his leg and ultimately his life.

I thought I would share with the community here as many can likely relate to risks and how things can go very wrong very fast. Yes, it was very stupid, he likely didn’t have reputable sources, perhaps his injection protocol was also not in order or sanitary etc. But it is the Holiday Season so I encourage people to give, even if it is just $5 - $10 to help this bro out.

Peace.

Dan’s GoFundMe ———-> www.gf.me/u/n5wpk4
    "Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I'm confused, he got the infection in Thailand, how the F did he get to Columbia? He's obviously American. I'm not a doctor and I feel bad for him, but this sounds like flesh-eating bacteria. Not sure anything short of amputation is an option.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Poor guy, very serious situation.

Update.

FYI, Ron, I don’t know the backstory but I believe he is based in Thailand and was travelling alone in South America, ending up in Columbia where he shot some dirty gear or possibly did not swab, sanitize properly. Last I heard he was trying to get evacuated to the USA where he is originally from.

Last I saw, his donations were around $20K in just 3 days and it was enough to cover the second emergency surgery needed. It reportedly went well. Not sure if he is still in Columbia or if he went back to the US but it looks like the surgery has helped in the short term. He has suspended all GoFundMe donations. No word on his leg, how much damage may be done etc., but by all accounts, it is still intact.

Hope things work out for this guy. I know Bostin Loyd had a similar infection in his arm but it didn’t go necrotic. I had a buddy pin his delt once and he developed an abscess over 24 hours and went straight to the ER where they gave him some IV antibiotics which cleared it up over 2 days. Admittedly, my friend didn’t use alcohol swabs regularly prior to his injections, after the abscess, he became meticulous about it.

I will try to keep this thread updated.

Prior / Previous Posting.

View this post on Instagram

Hi everyone. This is Dan the bodybuilder in Thailand from YouTube. I'm in the hospital with an emergency situation with my leg. I have developed a life threatening necrosis in my leg from a shot of infected gear. I am currently in the hospital alone in Colombia. I don't have health insurance and 3 days ago I had surgery to remove the necrotic flesh that is spreading inside of my leg. The surgery was a failure and also simultaneously bankrupted me. The incision in my leg has burst open and There is now new necrotic dying flesh growing in my leg. In this time of incredible physical and emotional suffering any donation no matter how small to help me to afford my upcoming surgeries to save my leg is something I will be eternally grateful for. The first surgery was paid out of pocket and was in the area of 10 thousand dollars. I have at least 2 more surgeries I need but do not have financial means to pay for them. These surgeries will also be more costly than the first. please share this on every social media you have. I have no where to turn Here is a link to my gofundme. The title is "Dan needs help to save his leg" in the category of medical and healing Go fund me link is clickable in my bio https://www.gofundme.com/dan-needs-h..._co_campmgmt_m - #bodybuildingmotivation #bodybuilding #fit #mostmuscular #bodybuilder #fitnessmotivation #gym #workout #strongwomen #gymmotivation #muscle #sixpack #abs #shredded #fitness #enhancedathlete #Thailand #fitness #travel #motivation #bigarms #food #goldsgym #testosterone #sunsoutgunsout #biceps #colombia #medellin #medical #emergency #medicalemergency

A post shared by bodybuilderinthailand (@bodybuilderinthailand) on

Any idea what he is doing traveling to all these places???
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Any idea what he is doing traveling to all these places???
    I'm not sure if this applies to him, but all/some might?

I've heard that a lot of younger guys travel to get easy access to legal steroids.
    Many of 'em use this as a bodybuilding vacation . This can often include prostitutes and
    a variety of illicit behavior.

What bothers me is they often ridicule and scoff at any "advice" to NOT do it.
    For example, I've chimed in cautioning others on forums about the risks with illegal drugs/whores, in various countries.
    The common reply is to insult me and call me dumb .
    For example; " Howard is such a f'n fag ."

I can't know if this leg infected dude got any well meaning advice NOT to do these drugs.
    BUT, I suspect he was aware of the risk and thought it was dumb to worry about it.

I'm sincerely pleased his surgery went well and he'll (likely) keep the leg.
    Nobody deserves this kind of result, but mother nature can be a real bi-atch!

Even more pathetic is tegions of hard headed gym bros out that read his story and NOT change course.
    They'll keep taking the same LEGAL and Health risks with their drug use.

If you drive drunk, fast and reckless , don't be shocked when you crash.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

For it to be a very successful surgery moments after he came out I'm betting they took the leg off.

This can happen in the USA too. At one point not long ago I shot some bad gear into a quad. Had I not gone and started antibiotics, who the F knows what would have happened. Never pinning in the quad again regardless. I watched a Dave P video about it (yes, he does have valuable info and advice) where he warned bb's to never pin the quads. Danger of infection is far greater there in general.

Dan the Bodybuilder in Thailand Pleads for Donations to Treat Necrotic Bacterial Infection

Dan Marquis, the California man behind the “Dan the Bodybuilder in Thailand” channel on YouTube, has created a GoFundMe page to solicit donations. Marquis is in a Colombian hospital following a surgery to treat a massive bacterial infection in his leg. Marquis said the infection was the result of a “shot of infected gear”.

Marquis posted some extremely explicit and graphic photographs that reportedly show “necrotic dying flesh” seeping out of a lengthy incision on the side of his left thigh. While bacterial abscesses have been known to occur in steroid users, this type of “flesh-eating disease” is unheard of.

“Hi everyone. This is Dan the bodybuilder in Thailand from YouTube. I'm in the hospital with an emergency situation with my leg,” Marquis said. “I have developed a life threatening necrosis in my leg from a shot of infected gear.”

Marquis shared a tearful and very emotional video from his hospital room following his first surgery. The bodybuilder was distraught after learning that the first surgery to treat the infection was unsuccessful. Colombian doctors reportedly told him that he could require another two surgeries to save his leg.

Dan the Bodybuilder in Thailand raised over $18k from 719 donors.

Marquis said the unsuccessful surgery cost him almost $10,000 which amounted to his entire life savings. The two additional surgeries could cost as much as $15,000 each. Consequently, Marquis set a fundraising goal of $30,000.

In just under 4 days, Marquis has raised $18,607 of his $30,000 goal. At that point, Marquis stopped accepting further donations.

Marquis provided a status update notifying his 719 donors that his second surgery (“skin graft”) was successful with a good prognosis for recovery. Marquis thank his “angels” for their generosity.ÂÂ

Marquis has gained a loyal following on social media after he quit his regular 9-to-5 job in the United States and moved to Thailand. Marquis chose to pursue his dream of being a bodybuilder in a country where steroids are legal. He shared his advertures in the YouTube channel titled “bodybuilder in Thailand”.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Marquis has gained a loyal following on social media after he quit his regular 9-to-5 job in the United States and moved to Thailand. Marquis chose to pursue his dream of being a bodybuilder in a country where steroids are legal. He shared his advertures in the YouTube channel titled “bodybuilder in Thailand”

Steroids aren't hard to get in the USA, I suspect he was there for the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    I'm not sure if this applies to him, but all/some might?

I've heard that a lot of younger guys travel to get easy access to legal steroids.
    Many of 'em use this as a bodybuilding vacation . This can often include prostitutes and
    a variety of illicit behavior.

What bothers me is they often ridicule and scoff at any "advice" to NOT do it.
    For example, I've chimed in cautioning others on forums about the risks with illegal drugs/whores, in various countries.
    The common reply is to insult me and call me dumb .
    For example; " Howard is such a f'n fag ."

I can't know if this leg infected dude got any well meaning advice NOT to do these drugs.
    BUT, I suspect he was aware of the risk and thought it was dumb to worry about it.

I'm sincerely pleased his surgery went well and he'll (likely) keep the leg.
    Nobody deserves this kind of result, but mother nature can be a real bi-atch!

Even
    more pathetic is tegions of hard headed gym bros out that read his story and NOT change course.
    They'll keep taking the same LEGAL and Health risks with their drug use.

If you drive drunk, fast and reckless , don't be shocked when you crash.
    Many guys, at least until they are older, live in absolute certainty that nothing bad could EVER happen to them. This is why armies have been made up of young men since time began. It's easy to lead them into situations that will mean almost certain death because death is an abstract concept to them.

Looking very likely Dan was a scammer.