Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update on my health

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McGough View Post
    I’ve had quite a few PMs about my current health, plus Howard asked about it in a post. I want to thank everyone for the support and good wishes I’ve received during my cancer journey and here’s an update. In late 2017 my condition was really bad and I had three emergency stays in the hospital – the last one raising doubts if I would survive. But with the support of my wife, family and medical expertise I made it through. In March our oncologist – who has been great – decided that chemo was doing me more harm than good and put me forward for a new procedure in which radioactive particles were injected into the blood vessels that feed the tumors. (From now on call me “Sparky”.) That’s as may be, but the results were amazing and a good percentage of the three tumor masses were killed (but not eradicated) and I have not had chemo since March, and free of all the horrible side effects that five years of chemo causes I feel great. I thank my lucky starts we are in a much better place than we were this time last year when I was 180 pounds; I am now 210 pounds. To anyone and their families going through a similar health crisis I urge you to hang in there and fight. As Winston Churchill said, “If you’re going through hell, keep going!” I know it’s hard, it’s bloody hard, but fight and fight again and don’t let that bastard cancer win.

Really happy to read that!! Take care Mr McGough! You are a tough guy!

Great to hear you are doing better. Keep up the fight, and kick those cancer cells ass. You are truly missed around here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123