Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on my health

" you will fight them on the beaches " Peter you and Sir Winston are both an inspirations. Churchill to the Western World and you to a nation of meatheads and a world full of bodybuilding fans. You are facing this with the courage and the stiff upper of a true Englishman, I'm sure old Winston himself would be proud.

All I can add Peter is the is light at the end of the tunnel. It's a terrible fight but it can and will be won. I've been there myself cancer surgery, chemo, radiation, another surgery, more and radiation. Two years of hell, I went from 240 + down to the 170's. I know the awful days of chemo sickness and lacking the energy to get out of a chair. It's far more difficult for you as i was in my mid thirties. Peter I hold in the highest regard and with the utmost respect not only for your years as a writer but for fighting the good fight and not letting the bastard win

Quote Originally Posted by Vin77 View Post
    Solid post. This first thing a doctor will likely ask a patient in the East is what is their diet, sleep pattern, stress levels and overall lifestyle like. I have had one Doctor ask me about diet in my whole entire life. The West treats the human body like a robot but we are not robots, we are interconnected physiological beings and our physiology is connected through mind and body with multifaceted parameters that include lifestyle, diet, sleep patterns and stress levels to name just a few.

The West simply treats and masks symptoms of illness with band-aid solutions, while the East tends to look at and treat the root cause of illness. I canít say enough about Traditional Chinese Medicine. I think Western Medicine has its place in an Emergency Room and life saving type of setting but when it comes to managing disease, illness and symptoms, they are often too quick to pull out the pen and paper for symptom relief instead of looking for the root cause and treating the body as an entire entity that is interconnected. A healthy balance of both approaches can do wonders for people in need.
    Great post!!
    ęHumanity has been led by failures.Ľ

Quote Originally Posted by Vin77 View Post
    Solid post. This first thing a doctor will likely ask a patient in the East is what is their diet, sleep pattern, stress levels and overall lifestyle like. I have had one Doctor ask me about diet in my whole entire life. The West treats the human body like a robot but we are not robots, we are interconnected physiological beings and our physiology is connected through mind and body with multifaceted parameters that include lifestyle, diet, sleep patterns and stress levels to name just a few.

The West simply treats and masks symptoms of illness with band-aid solutions, while the East tends to look at and treat the root cause of illness. I canít say enough about Traditional Chinese Medicine. I think Western Medicine has its place in an Emergency Room and life saving type of setting but when it comes to managing disease, illness and symptoms, they are often too quick to pull out the pen and paper for symptom relief instead of looking for the root cause and treating the body as an entire entity that is interconnected. A healthy balance of both approaches can do wonders for people in need.
    Well they even can't treat us as robots or cars. Look we have perfect knowledge of our biochemistry and what we need. Like car mechanic knows what car needs.. But doctors don't know shit about biochemistry. They just know what drugs to prescribe. They are drug dealers nothing more.. I have crazy respect for surgeons and medical care in cases of emergency like when you are injured how they can fix you. But in chronic illness medical field they are just soldiers/dealers of pharma industry. I can't believe that people don't see this it's fucking nuts..

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    " you will fight them on the beaches " Peter you and Sir Winston are both an inspirations. Churchill to the Western World and you to a nation of meatheads and a world full of bodybuilding fans. You are facing this with the courage and the stiff upper of a true Englishman, I'm sure old Winston himself would be proud.

All I can add Peter is the is light at the end of the tunnel. It's a terrible fight but it can and will be won. I've been there myself cancer surgery, chemo, radiation, another surgery, more and radiation. Two years of hell, I went from 240 + down to the 170's. I know the awful days of chemo sickness and lacking the energy to get out of a chair. It's far more difficult for you as i was in my mid thirties. Peter I hold in the highest regard and with the utmost respect not only for your years as a writer but for fighting the good fight and not letting the bastard win
    yes, it feels good to wake up and take a breath of life...reason why there are there the 10% who will always keep fighting and have respect for each other while the other 90% of the world pisses away a potential power...

althou my idols are Ted Bundy and Steve Blechman...Arnold and Peter are the two i hold in the highest regards when it comes to ifbb profesional bodybuilding and i will make sure there will be proper repsects paid to them..

If all the money from drugs were used on really useful things. You will have machines now where you will know everything from the body. What toxins you have, what deficiencies you have. You will receive protocol of things to do and take and your body will be in homeostasis(healthy) no matter what is going on with you in matter of months or year.. But like I said another problem is that people don't give a shit about their health. They will not stop smoke, drink, eat garbage. They will rather die. Crazy..

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McGough View Post
    Iíve had quite a few PMs about my current health, plus Howard asked about it in a post. I want to thank everyone for the support and good wishes Iíve received during my cancer journey and hereís an update. In late 2017 my condition was really bad and I had three emergency stays in the hospital Ė the last one raising doubts if I would survive. But with the support of my wife, family and medical expertise I made it through. In March our oncologist Ė who has been great Ė decided that chemo was doing me more harm than good and put me forward for a new procedure in which radioactive particles were injected into the blood vessels that feed the tumors. (From now on call me ďSparkyĒ.) Thatís as may be, but the results were amazing and a good percentage of the three tumor masses were killed (but not eradicated) and I have not had chemo since March, and free of all the horrible side effects that five years of chemo causes I feel great. I thank my lucky starts we are in a much better place than we were this time last year when I was 180 pounds; I am now 210 pounds. To anyone and their families going through a similar health crisis I urge you to hang in there and fight. As Winston Churchill said, ďIf youíre going through hell, keep going!Ē I know itís hard, itís bloody hard, but fight and fight again and donít let that bastard cancer win.

Great to know you are doing well Peter. I understand the pain & suffering of chemo. I've been thru it myself so more power to you. Cheers to you coming out on top!

All the boards I have belonged to Peter that Peter also interacted on he is highly regarded by all not because of his decades in the industry but in my mind because he is consistent in high character and personality.

All the best you cheeky bugger and thanks for the update

Peter McGough - my favourite Scotsman!
    D E S T R O Y

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McGough View Post
    Iíve had quite a few PMs about my current health, plus Howard asked about it in a post. I want to thank everyone for the support and good wishes Iíve received during my cancer journey and hereís an update. In late 2017 my condition was really bad and I had three emergency stays in the hospital Ė the last one raising doubts if I would survive. But with the support of my wife, family and medical expertise I made it through. In March our oncologist Ė who has been great Ė decided that chemo was doing me more harm than good and put me forward for a new procedure in which radioactive particles were injected into the blood vessels that feed the tumors. (From now on call me ďSparkyĒ.) Thatís as may be, but the results were amazing and a good percentage of the three tumor masses were killed (but not eradicated) and I have not had chemo since March, and free of all the horrible side effects that five years of chemo causes I feel great. I thank my lucky starts we are in a much better place than we were this time last year when I was 180 pounds; I am now 210 pounds. To anyone and their families going through a similar health crisis I urge you to hang in there and fight. As Winston Churchill said, ďIf youíre going through hell, keep going!Ē I know itís hard, itís bloody hard, but fight and fight again and donít let that bastard cancer win.
    Amazing!! This is the kind of news that I like to hear!
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    Amazing!! This is the kind of news that I like to hear!
    Peter's recent good news is a breath of fresh air .
    I trust I'm not alone when I mention losing loved ones to cancer.

God's speed Peter for continued recovery.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by sacharidacek View Post
    Well they even can't treat us as robots or cars. Look we have perfect knowledge of our biochemistry and what we need. Like car mechanic knows what car needs.. But doctors don't know shit about biochemistry. They just know what drugs to prescribe. They are drug dealers nothing more.. I have crazy respect for surgeons and medical care in cases of emergency like when you are injured how they can fix you. But in chronic illness medical field they are just soldiers/dealers of pharma industry. I can't believe that people don't see this it's fucking nuts..
    Mate what your saying about the west and the problems with our health care model i agree 100%. But the reason it is this way is because we (unlike you say) have a only very basic understanding of human biochemistry. These are very complex diseases and unfortunately there is no answer to these problems a lot of times, let alone treatment, just trial and error with basic one size fits all treatments. The one size fits all model is so inconsistent because each persons disease state is different on the molecular level even in cancers that have originated in the same tissues.

We do not even have a good understanding of human biochemistry at this point let alone a "perfect" one.

What we will see in coming decades is a better understanding of the genetic components of all human diseases which will lead to better treatments that can be tailored where possible to the specific disease state of the individual and improve patients outcomes. This is an area of active research i have been involved in myself for the last few years up until my recent illness, i am looking forward to getting back to.

Great to hear Peter. Cancer is the devil and just took my mom two weeks ago so I have a special bit of enmity towards that scourge.

A few have mentioned understanding the biochemistry of cancer and is pretty straightforward. Cancer cells can only use glucose or glutamine as energy substrates whereas all of our other cells can use glucose as well as ketones. A strict ketogenic diet combined with pulses of glutamine antagonists and daily hyperbaric oxygen chamber has been demonstrated to kill cancer cells and shrink tumors. The guy who helped discover this was former NPC bb'er Dom D'Agostino.

It's not hard to be sympathetic to a situation like yours, Peter, and it's great to hear news like this. Keep up the good fight.
    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12