Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Danny Hester, an ideal pro classic physique for the modern era

Default 2018 Danny Hester, an ideal pro classic physique for the modern era

As the open pros get more freakish looking, I become a bigger fan of classic physique.
    Here's one the best recent examples: Any others here agree with me?

I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

I would consider him the Lee Labrada of the classic category. The short, complete package that has masterful presentation and always seems to come in shape. When he loses, it isnt because he was off - just some guys were better or freakier on that day.

Personally I dont believe it is his to win again considering the current top and up and coming competitors - but he will always be toward the top and a great example of how to do it and how to.carry yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestia View Post
    I would consider him the Lee Labrada of the classic category. The short, complete package that has masterful presentation and always seems to come in shape. When he loses, it isnt because he was off - just some guys were better or freakier on that day.

Personally I dont believe it is his to win again considering the current top and up and coming competitors - but he will always be toward the top and a great example of how to do it and how to.carry yourself.
    Good post and helps make the point.
    yes, Labrada was an incredible classic physique.
    I use Hester because his posing adds to the classic, artistic value of his physique.

Yeah he has a great physique but not the overall look that i think is now needed to take out the classic Olympia again.

Excellent posing.

Quote Originally Posted by harmankardon1 View Post
    Yeah he has a great physique but not the overall look that i think is now needed to take out the classic Olympia again.

Excellent posing.

This! If anything that's why Breon Ansley has that title..literally! Oh yeah, and to not be politically correct because that's what it is...it's CLASSIC BODYBUILDING! FCK CLASSIC PHYSIQUE! WTF IS THAT?!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL ARVILLA View Post
    Bumstead FTW!
    Amen, Bumstead and Vissers should be the new fresh faces of classic bodybuilding and make pro contests a playground for tall guys too, like it was decades ago.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Keone has the best and a true classic physique. A lot of guys in Classic are bbers and not classic.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by greuc View Post
    Amen, Bumstead and Vissers should be the new fresh faces of classic bodybuilding and make pro contests a playground for tall guys too, like it was decades ago.
    But guys like Ray, Befatto, Labrada and Brisbois had classic looks all under or right at 200lbs. Classic guys are born, not made.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

51705-henri-pierre-ano-67_final.jpg

hey dont forget about mr ano , who 69 procent of the boards had winning last years olympia ..
    the favourite going in this olympia with breon
    NATHAN DE ASHA THE PRIDE OF JAMAICA AND THE U.K ...TOP 3 OLYMPIA 2019

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    But guys like Ray, Befatto, Labrada and Brisbois had classic looks all under or right at 200lbs. Classic guys are born, not made.
    True, and this is why those from the golden era were superior to both classic and open men of today, they were born with the ideal mix of aesthetics and size that define these divisions, respectively. These days open men have the size and classic guys have mostly the pretty physique, but Paris, Demey, Ray, Labrada, Vince Taylor, Flex were bigger than the classic men of today but still had a beautiful body. Even the bigger men from the 80s and 90s retained certain lines, shape and symmetry.

Unfortunately, with the added size over the years, only the short and medium height guys have managed to place well in the contests while the taller ones got left aside because they didn't have enough mass to compete at the top level. If Roelly and Kai have added tons of muscles on a 5'6-5'7 frame imagine how heavy those who are 6'-6'2 have to be on stage to have a chance against them.

Quote Originally Posted by a.j View Post

hey dont forget about mr ano , who 69 procent of the boards had winning last years olympia ..
    Yes sir, Pierre Ano is another name with great potential in the years to come. The classic division has a great future ahead of also if the taller guys too will win contests, because in the open class men like Cedric and Freeman have lost places in the past due to the fact that they didn't have the same size p4p as the shorter guys.

Don't get me wrong I find a lot of the classic physiques to be pretty awesome however there is something missing from those physiques well maybe a little too extreme in comparison to the real classic physique switch of the ones from the 70s and 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by a.j View Post

He is very good. Breon gets soooooo detailed and dry. If Ano won I would have been ok with that. He is very good.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

True, and this is why those from the golden era were superior to both classic and open men of today, they were born with the ideal mix of aesthetics and size that define these divisions, respectively. These days open men have the size and classic guys have mostly the pretty physique, but Paris, Demey, Ray, Labrada, Vince Taylor, Flex were bigger than the classic men of today but still had a beautiful body. Even the bigger men from the 80s and 90s retained certain lines, shape and symmetry.

Unfortunately, with the added size over the years, only the short and medium height guys have managed to place well in the contests while the taller ones got left aside because they didn't have enough mass to compete at the top level. If Roelly and Kai have added tons of muscles on a 5'6-5'7 frame imagine how heavy those who are 6'-6'2 have to be on stage to have a chance against them.

Yes sir, Pierre Ano is another name with great potential in the years to come. The classic division has a great future ahead of also if the taller guys too will win contests, because in the open class men like Cedric and Freeman have lost places in the past due to the fact that they didn't have the same size p4p as the shorter guys.
    This
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Don't get me wrong I find a lot of the classic physiques to be pretty awesome however there is something missing from those physiques well maybe a little too extreme in comparison to the real classic physique switch of the ones from the 70s and 80s.
    Good call .

Obviously, to make the required ht/wt ratio standard, some classic pros needed to lose wt.
    That alone takes away some of their impressive look on stage.

Those like Zane or Lee Labrada had the ideal frame to look incredible with lower body wts.

In fairness, the NPC/IFBB had to do something objective to differentiate classic from open bodybuilding.
    Just calling it "classic" is too vague & subjective , even by bodybuilding standards.
    The ht/wt ratios put a basic, quantitative standard on the division. I applaud that.

Great post and I agree.
    That's why I strongly support the CPD ht/wt ratios.
    Without a strict, objective standard it becomes near impossible to enforce.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Ray had a bodybuilder look like Gaspari not classic just like how George Peterson looks like a 212 bodybuilder...
    Labrada,Makkaway and Paris had classic look ..

right now Keone,Vissers,Pierre Ano,Breon have the most classic look ... Arash and Bumstead are borderline and Peterson is a straight 212 guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast