Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grainy Muscle - How Dorian Yates Achieved It

Spotter

Everyone rips on Paul’s back, but his first two years it was actually not THAT bad. After his shoulder surgery, I think he started to be overly protective against injury and he started relying on machines alone for his back work. Mostly pulldowns and cable stuff with nothing done to address his lack of density. That, and his refusal to put any effort into his posing killed his career. After the 94 Arnold, I think he lost what little drive he had left. It’s a good thing he was such a freakish responder to PEDs, otherwise he would have washed out of the IFBB by 95.

But as bad as his back may have been, at his worst his was still way better than Gary Strydom’s!

Quote Originally Posted by sqd5driver View Post
    Everyone rips on Paul’s back, but his first two years it was actually not THAT bad. After his shoulder surgery, I think he started to be overly protective against injury and he started relying on machines alone for his back work. Mostly pulldowns and cable stuff with nothing done to address his lack of density. That, and his refusal to put any effort into his posing killed his career. After the 94 Arnold, I think he lost what little drive he had left. It’s a good thing he was such a freakish responder to PEDs, otherwise he would have washed out of the IFBB by 95.

But as bad as his back may have been, at his worst his was still way better than Gary Strydom’s!
    His rear lat spread was good! But something puffy about his rear delts spoilt his rear double bicep pose.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon View Post
    Yes it's mostly used during the off season. It's often used incorrectly pre contest last minute to " fill up " . Many of the washed out physiques you see are due to filling with humalog and fast/junk food.

Insulin can be helpful pre contest if refeed are needed or if someone is burn to fast. It has to be used sparingly
    Yes its now standard to use slin to fill out for competition, like you say it results in really full but not defined physiques at best and more often causes washouts.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sqd5driver View Post
    Everyone rips on Paulís back, but his first two years it was actually not THAT bad. After his shoulder surgery, I think he started to be overly protective against injury and he started relying on machines alone for his back work. Mostly pulldowns and cable stuff with nothing done to address his lack of density. That, and his refusal to put any effort into his posing killed his career. After the 94 Arnold, I think he lost what little drive he had left. Itís a good thing he was such a freakish responder to PEDs, otherwise he would have washed out of the IFBB by 95.

But as bad as his back may have been, at his worst his was still way better than Gary Strydomís!
    Imagine Strydom with a back and as conditioned as he was at the 88 O. SMH

Paul guest posed at the 98 Mr. Ohio at 290 and peeled!! He was a lock for top 3 at the O if he didn't fuck up. He literally posed for 90 seconds and looked like he was going to pass out but that was one of the freakiest looks ever

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12