Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: MHP Presents the 2008 TEAM MD INSPIRATIONAL TRANSFORMATION

Default WEEK 3 (MON)

Well, first of all, I am blogging this a little late. I was going to do it last night, but when I got home at around 1:30 a.m., I just fell into bed. Anyway, here is my Mon. (Day 1 on the workout schedule).

The eating went fine. Again, I don't know what it is with Dave's diet, but I just don't feel a strong need to stray from it. Maybe it's the frequency of the meals, maybe it's the food choices (I love meat and eggs), but whatever it is, I am having a quite easy time sticking to the food/meal program (knock on wood).

I had a very good training day yesterday. Every time I go into the gym, I'm getting stronger and stronger. E.g., the last time I posted weight I did on Chest Day, I only got 135, 145, 165 on the inclines. On Chest Day this time, I got 135, 155, and jumped up to working sets of 185 and 190. So, the strength seems to be coming back (at least a little bit). So all in all, the training is going very well, too.

I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed. My Week 2 stats and pics are not much different from my Week 1 stats and pics. I'm not sure what is going on. Maybe I'm just trying to rush it and wanting to see more change faster. I have dropped a few pounds, but not a whole lot. Maybe it's just a momentary "lull" here at the outset. But whatever the case, I'll keep going with the training and the work-out (what else can I do?). Hopefully my body will get with the program and respond more. But I love the program, I love the training, I love the MHP supps, I love Dave and Mr. G (uh, in the "you-guys-are-great-and-make-me-awesome" sense), and I love the guys with whom I am "transforming" (biggredd, gymnation, chrisdilorenzo, and Pan). Until tonight's blog....

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit View Post
    Here are my pictures. Sorry about the delay, but I've just had the week from hell...
    Good to have you on, licketysplit! Wow, it seems you've already made some changes from your initial pics you posted. That's great! I hope your "weeks" get much better than the one you described above. You'll find that all of these guys are just brimming over with encouragement. This is a good place to be for motivation, encouragement and accountability!

Default HAPPY NEW YEAR...

Happy New Year everyone...Dave, Mr. G., Ilir and Gerard and everyone at MHP, the over-boss, Steve Blechmen, John Romano (hey, why hasn't John posted over here yet?), and everyone at MD. When we count our blessings at the end of 2007 and beginning of 2008, I'm sure that we participants can number this Challenge as one of the biggest and best blessings of our year. You guys have given us the opportunity to go after our dreams with the absolute best support group and products that we could ever assimilate! Thanks everyone!

Okay, let me do my Mr. G. motivational impersonation (Mr. G., let me know how I do): "DON'T THINK YOU'RE GOING TO CHANGE YOUR BODY. DON'T THINK THAT YOU'RE GOING TO ATTAIN YOUR GOALS. DON'T THINK THAT YOU ARE GOING TO PROGRESS. DON'T THINK THESE THOUGHTS! WHY? BECAUSE YOU HAVE ALREADY CHANGED YOUR BODY, YOU HAVE ALREADY ATTAINED YOUR GOALS, YOU HAVE ALREADY PROGRESSED. THESE THINGS HAVE ALREADY BEEN ACCOMPLISHED. THE ONLY THING THAT PREVENTS YOU FROM SEEING THESE CHANGES, GOALS AND PROGRESS IS....TIME." How'd I do, Mr. G?

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loomster2000 View Post
    I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed. My Week 2 stats and pics are not much different from my Week 1 stats and pics. I'm not sure what is going on. Maybe I'm just trying to rush it and wanting to see more change faster. I have dropped a few pounds, but not a whole lot. Maybe it's just a momentary "lull" here at the outset....
    Happy New Year everyone!
    Hi Loomster! Try not to focus too much on week-to-week. This is a long process. We're all going to have weeks when we have dramatic changes, and others when the gains seem slower. Your increases in strength are evidence of real change going on. Your body comp is changing on an hourly basis. After 16 weeks, we're ALL going to be very different.
    I know my pics and stats might not change that much this week. My cheat meal was last night (New Years Eve), and I ate quite a bit - Outback Steakhouse's Bloomin' Onion, Crab cakes, 12 oz Prime Rib, bread... you get the ugly picture. Hopefully, this will help ramp my metabolism further. I feel a little bloated today, probably due partly to way too much sodium. I am planning on posting pics tomorrow, if that's okay.
    I AM EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW YEAR AND THE CHALLENGES I WILL FACE!!!
    "He that can have patience can have what he will." -Benjamin Franklin-

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    WE HAVE TALK ABOUT THIS A LONG TIME.WE ARE DEFINATELY GOING TO DO
    A TRAINING SEGEMENT TOGETHER.WE KNOW EVERYONE WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT
    That would be great!!!! Please let me know if there's anyway I can participate or help in any way! Thanks Mr. G!

Default Response to Loomster...

Quote Originally Posted by loomster2000 View Post
    Awesome, Jim, totally awesome! I agree with you. To get from where we are to be in such shape that we're showing an ab or two would probably take back-to-back Transformation Challenges...32 weeks. But I share your mindset that we are going to get every bit of benefit out of this Challenge as we can. KEEP IT UP!!! Your motivation motivates me!

I'll be having my cheat meal tonight also. It won't be as classy as The Outback. I'll be doing BK. But to me, I'm more interested in quantity over quality. But seriously, here's the amazing part about it: I don't even feel like I need this cheat meal. I may need it because it's beneficial to the diet to cheat once a week, but I don't need it in the sense that I'm craving a cheat meal. Thats the strange (and wonderful) thing about Dave's diet. I could keep truckin' along without a cheat meal and it really wouldn't be that big of a deal to me.

Thanks for the update, Jim! BTW, have you received your supps yet? I figured it might take a day or so longer to get yours since you're in CO, but surely you've received them by now, haven't you?
    No Supps yet I'm almost out of my own protein powder - I may have to do all solid food tomorrow, which would be tough.
    Outback was courtesy a much appreciated gift certificate we got for Christmas - otherwise I might have been noshing on a Whopper or two myself last night. Quantity was no problem, BTW
    I don't crave the same stuff, that's for sure. The only slight cravings I have are for things like sour cream and guacamole(?).
    We're kickin's butt Loomster!

Default Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year Everybody!!! This is our year for sure!! we have been chosen for this tranformation and it will be the best year EVER.... Again i cant thank Dave, Mr. G and Gerard and the whole MD family enough for what they have done for all of us. Not only the supplements and the knowledge but the hope and knowing that it can and WILL be done i think is the most comforting. Mr. G You just let me know the time and place and I am there for some IN THE TRENCHES!! I dont care how bad its snowing I'll make the journey.. By the way we have about a foot of snow today in upstate NY. Just got off work and heading to gym. Talk to you all soon.

Make sure I get everyone's WEEK 3 PICS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gymnation View Post
    Happy New Year everyone!
    Hi Loomster! Try not to focus too much on week-to-week. This is a long process. We're all going to have weeks when we have dramatic changes, and others when the gains seem slower. Your increases in strength are evidence of real change going on. Your body comp is changing on an hourly basis. After 16 weeks, we're ALL going to be very different.
    I know my pics and stats might not change that much this week. My cheat meal was last night (New Years Eve), and I ate quite a bit - Outback Steakhouse's Bloomin' Onion, Crab cakes, 12 oz Prime Rib, bread... you get the ugly picture. Hopefully, this will help ramp my metabolism further. I feel a little bloated today, probably due partly to way too much sodium. I am planning on posting pics tomorrow, if that's okay.
    I AM EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW YEAR AND THE CHALLENGES I WILL FACE!!!
    That's good advice, Jim. I appreciate it. I forgot to include it in my daily postings, but I had my cheat meal yesterday also. I ate 1 double whopper, 1 med. fry, and a medium Coke (along with a refill). Afterwards, I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a Hershey's dark chocolate bar. I only ate half of it and I was done. All in all, it was good. But like I said before, I didn't feel like I was dying to have the cheat meal.

Quote Originally Posted by gymnation View Post
    No Supps yet I'm almost out of my own protein powder - I may have to do all solid food tomorrow, which would be tough.
    Outback was courtesy a much appreciated gift certificate we got for Christmas - otherwise I might have been noshing on a Whopper or two myself last night. Quantity was no problem, BTW
    I don't crave the same stuff, that's for sure. The only slight cravings I have are for things like sour cream and guacamole(?).
    We're kickin's butt Loomster!
    I hate it that you haven't received your supps yet. By taking two Probolic shakes a day, I've only got a few more before I've killed my first jug of MHP whey. Oh, and let me make a correction. It seems that I was off on my calculations before. I said that it seemed like we had enough whey for the entire 16 weeks (with 8 tubs). I refigured (and if I am correct), it looks like the 16 weeks will require 16 tubs of protein powder (assuming you're taking 2 shakes a day as Dave's meal plan prescribes).

I hope that tomorrow the UPS man has a BIG box for you!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdilorenzo View Post
    Happy New Year Everybody!!! This is our year for sure!! we have been chosen for this tranformation and it will be the best year EVER.... Again i cant thank Dave, Mr. G and Gerard and the whole MD family enough for what they have done for all of us. Not only the supplements and the knowledge but the hope and knowing that it can and WILL be done i think is the most comforting. Mr. G You just let me know the time and place and I am there for some IN THE TRENCHES!! I dont care how bad its snowing I'll make the journey.. By the way we have about a foot of snow today in upstate NY. Just got off work and heading to gym. Talk to you all soon.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR, Chris! I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

Default WEEK 3 (TUE)

Well, here I am having to rearrange my workout schedule due to holiday gym closings again. However, I am grateful to be sponsored at my gym for the next 16 weeks, so how can I complain, right?

Since I had to take my off-day today instead of tomorrow, my family and I went out to the mall. Food temptations abounded, but I was prepared. I packed my chicken breasts, 2 snack packs of raw almonds, 2 baggies of MHP Probolic-SR, my shaker bottle, fish oil tabs, Anadrox tabs, mulivitamin tabs, and I was ready to go.

As wonderful as the day went (no cheating with food, plus being able to enjoy my off-day), it took a turn for the worse and went horribly bad. You see, there is this "training partner" (of sorts) that I take to the gym every time I go. This "training partner" motivates me and keeps me going. This training partner seems to help me be stronger with the weights and go longer with the cardio. His name is "iPod." And today, I seem to have lost my iPod. It's like it vanished into thin air. I took it with us because sometimes I like to sit in the van and listen to podcasts while my wife and girls are in one of those girl teen clothing shops. So I took it today "just in case." I never used it, and when I went to look for it, *poof*, it was gone. I searched for it as best as I could for tonight, but with no success. I'll conduct a more thorough search when the sun is out tomorrow. My 6-7 a.m. cardio in the morning is going to be REAL long....

MHP%20NEW.jpg

TRANSFORMATION 2 TIP OF THE WEEK #3: HAMMER INCLINE BENCH PRESSES

Rocky G !!!!!!!!!!! awesome man love it, the little rocky inside of all of us is coming out!!!! Cant wait to train w/ Rocky G. and Jumbo Palumbo

Quote Originally Posted by huge285 View Post

TRANSFORMATION 2 TIP OF THE WEEK #3: HAMMER INCLINE BENCH PRESSES
    That's a really great tip, Dave and Mr. G. I was actually doing my Hammer Incline presses with the widest grip possible on the handles. My thinking was that I was trying to take my arms out of the equation as much as possible (wider grip = more chest exertion). I appreciate you pointing out that a closer grip will serve to hit the inner and upper chest. I'll change my grip on my next chest workout. Keep the tips and motivation coming....

Default End Week 2 Pics

Here are my pics and measurements for the end of week 2:
    weight-199 lbs
    chest-43"
    R arm- 16"
    L arm- 16"
    waist- 37"
    R quad- 25 1/2"
    L quad- 25 1/2"
    R calf- 16 1/4"
    L calf- 16 1/4"

Yo Rocky G! I'm so psyched, I'm gonna drink my eggs tomorrow morning! I'd take run through the streets with my dog, but she's a chihuahua mix - she'd freeze, know what I mean?. Yo!

Still no supplements for me! I have enough whey left for one more shake so I guess tomorrow is a solid food day....
    I did my cardio today at 24 Fitness because of the holiday. I don't like the atmosphere there, but the cardio equipment is top notch.
    I'll have pics and stats up tomorrow. Good night everyone.

Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast