Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: MHP Presents the 2008 TEAM MD INSPIRATIONAL TRANSFORMATION

Quote Originally Posted by gymnation View Post
    Sorry guys. I couldn't get my pics done and posted today - we had some stuff going on surrounding my wife's radiation treatments. Nothing too serious, but enough to screw with my schedule. I'll get 'em up tomorrow evening. Thanks.
    You and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers buddy - chin up

Pan

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    You and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers buddy - chin up

Pan
    Thanks Pan; and you are in ours...
    "He that can have patience can have what he will." -Benjamin Franklin-

Dedicated Noob

My names chris im 21 soon to be 22...In my life i have been very blessed former college football player loving family that supports me with whatever i do. I have always been into lifting and got pretty serious when i got out of college. No matter what i did i could never get as big as i wanted to. I ate right, Exercised correctly but never really made any great gains. I have always had muscles i guess from genetics and lifting for football but i couldnt get that big size that i wanted you know?Last Sept after chest day i came home and urinated blood. I went to the doctor the next day and still had blood in my urine and doctors had no idea what was wrong. They checked everything and thought maybe i just ruptured a vessel in my kidneys so they gave me some advice and told me to stop Lifting heavy and that i was never gonna be a bodybuilder. So i continued on and did my thing and got some decent size finally never really benching 415 and looking good and looking back but a few months later i felt like i was gettin wore out in the gym and losing alot of strength. I was like what now? I was losing weight like crazy about 15 pounds. I would almost feel like passing out after just a few sets.My bench went down to about 330 and looks like i was losing alot of muscle no matter how hard i tried to keep it Also after i ate i felt like getting sick and just sleeping all the time. I went to the doctor and he asked me if i ever got my blood sugar checked and i said yes a few months ago. Well they checked it again and doctors called the next day and said that i need to see him immediatley. I went in and he said they checked it and my blood sugar was in the 440's at the time i had no idea what this meant. Well after a conversation with him he said i may be suffering from DKA Diabetic Keto-Acidosis which i guessed at the time was serious but after a rush to the hospital and a week in the hospital because they coudlnt control my blood sugar it stayed in the 300s for most of the time. I lost about 25 pounds of what i worked so hard for while i was just sittin there waisting in ICU. I thought well my days of lifting are over. I cant eat like a bodybuilder and i cant lift like one either. My dreams were crushed i sat there once and awhile having a guest but i really was embarresed being there so i really didnt let anybody know. Later when the Doctors came in they told me the story. My body had high blood sugar for the past few months thats why i had the symptoms. My body was pretty much waisting away thats why i lost the 45 pounds. So when i got out of the hospital it was so hard getting use to having type 1 diabetes having to inject myself with insulin everyday and watching what i eat because believe me i didnt want to end up back in that hospital for a week and people telling you that you cannot lift or be a bodybuilder. But since then i have been eating clean watching myself. Lifting hard also. I am back up to about 380 bench.at a 250 pound weight.I am thinking about getting into a natural show next year. I think god gave me this challenge to show that you dont have to give up when everyone thinks you should or society thinks its wrong. Live the dream baby!

Dedicated Noob

And just to add on I am becoming a personal trainer now so that i can help people build better bodies but really to show people diabetes can lift hard and gain size. also here is a couple of pics they are not very good because i dont take pictures of myself but i will get some better ones up [/IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by CadillacMuscle75; January 3rd, 2008 at 09:06 PM. Reason: add on

This week's pics at 265lbs on the button this morning:
    Attached Images Attached Images

This week's pics at 265lbs on the button this morning:
    Measurements:

Chest (relaxed): 53 1/2

Waist (relaxed at naval): 48

Hips: 47"

Left Arm (flexed): 18 1/4

Right Arm (flexed): 18

Left Thigh: 28 1/2

Right Thigh: 28 1/4

Left Calf: 17

Right Calf: 17

The pounds are dropping off pretty fast, though I still quite some 'hang' to this belly of mine. I feel a lot different energy-wise, and my strength is coming along. 20 lbs lost so far!!

Default WEEK 3 (THU)

Another great day of correct eating and training. Everything was "spot-on" once again. I know these can get boring repeating the same thing over and over, but I'd rather repeat than say something new like "I fell off the wagon and had a pizza or cheeseburger." Dave's meal plan keeps me happy. I don't feel the need to compromise my nutrition.

I did an hour of cardio this morning. I really miss "No Bull Radio" while doing cardio, but I stumbled upon another podcast called "Superhuman Radio." It is a bodybuilding talk show out of KY. I listened to their interview with Dave P. about aromatase inhibitors (interesting!).

I trained arms today. Just like my other bodyparts, it seems my arms are regaining their strength. My poundages I am curling and pushing down are going higher and higher. Maybe it's a combination of the "muscle memory" and MHP's TRAC and Probolic-SR. Whatever the case, I'm glad to see the poundages I'm lifting going up. I just wish the poundage on my scale would go down just as fast. I just can't explain it, but it seems like my weight is dropping ever so slowly. I guess the body fat check on Monday will be the true "tale of the tape." To be honest, I'm kinda scared. But I'm doing everything right and that's all I can do.

Well, almost everything right.... It seems that I have been eating the wrong kind of Peanut Butter. (Maybe my mistake might help some of you out if you, too, have the wrong kind of Peanut Butter.) I asked Dave the following question:

1. I am working my way through your Q&A board and came across a discussion of Peanut Butter. Someone who is using the same brand I am currently using was told it was the wrong kind. I looked on my brand, and instead of it saying "All Natural Peanut Butter," it just says "Natural Peanut Butter." Can you look at the pertinent ingredients I've listed below and tell me if this is okay, or do I need to run out and get some "All Natural Peanut Butter?"

Smart Balance Omega Natural Peanut Butter
    Serving Size: 2 tbsp (32g)
    Total Carb: 5g
    Dietary Fiber: 2g
    Sugars 1g

Ingedients: Peanuts, natural oil blend (flaxseed and palm fruit oils), salt, molasses.

Dave replied succinctly and to the point: "NO GOOD........the peanut butter ingredients should be 'peanuts and salt.'"

So, it looks like I've got a trip to the health food store scheduled. I picked up the Peanut Butter that I was using at Wal-Mart. Does anyone know if Wal-Mart carries "All Natural Peanut Butter" (peanuts and salt, as Dave said)? Well, that's about it for today. Could it have been something like eating the wrong Peanut Butter that has been retarding my weight loss? We'll see....

The pounds are dropping off pretty fast, though I still quite some 'hang' to this belly of mine. I feel a lot different energy-wise, and my strength is coming along. 20 lbs lost so far!!
    Wow, Jim!!! That is an incredible amount of weight loss!!! I am envious! Your pics show some real progress. Keep it up, man! That is awesome. We're changing our bodies...some quicker than others. Great work, Jim!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearce View Post
    Holy fuck man, awesome progress,
    Thanks guys! It's great to hear positive feedback. As we work alone on this day after day, it's easy to lose perspective and think that you're not making any real progress.
    This is a great thing, this challenge. We will literally change a part of our lives during the next few months. It is something to contemplate...
    BTW, I finally got the supplements today. That should really help. Thanks to Loomster's questions, I'm clearer about how to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by loomster2000 View Post
    I just wish the poundage on my scale would go down just as fast. I just can't explain it, but it seems like my weight is dropping ever so slowly...
    Relax Loomster, you're a big guy, and you're definitely making progress. With those strength increases, you're clearly building muscle which, as we're always told, weighs more than fat.
    I noticed that molasses ingredient in the Smart Balance peanut butter we had. So I went to a natural grocer we have here, and got a true 'all natural' peanut butter for only $1.99 a jar (18 oz.). I bought 4 jars. I know some grocery stores have an area where you can grind your own...You know, I don't always put the PB in the shake - I eat it right off the spoon, and I swear it's as good as ice cream to me now!
    Let's keep rockin' the challenge. The Inspiration Challenge guys ARE HARDCORE!!!!!

YO Philly! "Your gonna eat lightning, & your gonna crap thunder!"

Thumbs up Keep It Up!

You guys are REALLY doing great. I'm proud of all of you. I wish I could be there with you.

I only spoke to Mr G briefly on the phone in the beginning of all this, but let me tell you he is truly one inspirational person! I know he will help keep you guys focused.

You can do it guys!!!

-Terrence
    Philly born & bred
    "Gonna Fly Now"

Relax Loomster, you're a big guy, and you're definitely making progress. With those strength increases, you're clearly building muscle which, as we're always told, weighs more than fat.
    I noticed that molasses ingredient in the Smart Balance peanut butter we had. So I went to a natural grocer we have here, and got a true 'all natural' peanut butter for only $1.99 a jar (18 oz.). I bought 4 jars. I know some grocery stores have an area where you can grind your own...You know, I don't always put the PB in the shake - I eat it right off the spoon, and I swear it's as good as ice cream to me now!
    Let's keep rockin' the challenge. The Inspiration Challenge guys ARE HARDCORE!!!!!
    Thanks for the encouragement, Jim. I know I have to keep these things in perspective. My wife keeps telling me to consider how long it has taken me to get to the place I am now...years and years of bad eating and physical neglect. I know I just need to keep my eye on the prize! You and the other guys help to keep me focused!

This morning, after my cardio, I dropped by our local Food Lion. I didn't figure they'd have the Peanut Butter I needed, but I figured I'd give it a shot. To my surprise, they had Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter which has as ingredients only peanuts and salt. So I'm glad I did not have to make a trek down to some health food store. I picked up a couple of jars.

And I agree with you, Jim: The Inspiration Challenge guys ARE hardcore!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tgumpper View Post
    You guys are REALLY doing great. I'm proud of all of you. I wish I could be there with you.

I only spoke to Mr G briefly on the phone in the beginning of all this, but let me tell you he is truly one inspirational person! I know he will help keep you guys focused.

You can do it guys!!!

-Terrence
    Philly born & bred
    "Gonna Fly Now"
    Terrence, what's going on, brother? It sounds from your post like you're not with us anymore. I hope that's not the case. Did I miss something? Is everything okay?

BTW, I finally got the supplements today.
    It was just like Christmas all over again, wasn't it? Did your eyes light up when you saw that SUPER HUGE box at your door? Gotta love Gerard and the guys at MHP!

YO Philly! "Your gonna eat lightning, & your gonna crap thunder!"

Quote Originally Posted by loomster2000 View Post
    Terrence, what's going on, brother? It sounds from your post like you're not with us anymore. I hope that's not the case. Did I miss something? Is everything okay?
    Bro, I was out before it began. Wish it wasn't the case. When Mr G contacted me I felt on top of the world. I emailed you. It will clarify everything. Kinda involved....
    Can't wait to see you guys in 16 weeks. It's gonna be frickin unbelievable!

-Terrence
    Philly born & bred
    "Gonna Fly Now"

Spotter

If you can't find all natural peanut butter it is possible to make your own. If you have a food processor or one of those hand-held mixers you can just take peanuts and blend them into peanut butter yourself.

My guess is that if the only ingredients you are using are just peanuts and salt that it would be ok.

But I'll put the question out to the expert:
    Dave - Can you use homemade peanut butter if it's just peanuts & salt?

Spotter

I bought a cheap digital camera so I can get my photos up quicker. Having to shoot 3 or 4 pictures and then going to the photo lab and waiting wasn't the best way to do this, and Kodak Advantix film & processing is expensive. Especially needed to do something after the lab screwed up my last roll of film.
    Last edited by Licketysplit; January 4th, 2008 at 01:07 PM.

Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast