Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MHP Presents the 2008 TEAM MD INSPIRATIONAL TRANSFORMATION

MHP%20NEW.jpg

TRANSFORMATION 2 TIP OF THE WEEK #1: MACHINE PEC FLYES

Greetings from Cyprus Guys

I have asked Permission from Dave if i can follow on as an "unofficial" Challenger and he accepted.

I am very excited and i will go and buy my supplements today and will post my before pictures tonight after work.

Good Luck to us all - together we can get through this successfully and finish as champions

Pan

I almost hate to ask this but how much cardio should we be doing,and what type? thanks and good luck to everyone.
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by biggredd View Post
    I almost hate to ask this but how much cardio should we be doing,and what type? thanks and good luck to everyone.
    Aaron
    Actually, I was wondering the same thing Aaron. I have started doing 20-30 minutes daily on a recombinant bike, but....

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    Greetings from Cyprus Guys

I have asked Permission from Dave if i can follow on as an "unofficial" Challenger and he accepted.

I am very excited and i will go and buy my supplements today and will post my before pictures tonight after work.

Good Luck to us all - together we can get through this successfully and finish as champions

Pan
    Welcome Pan. Good luck!

Guys,

I'll let Dave & Mr. G give the definitive word on the amount/intensity of cardio, but I've been reading Dave's "Q&A with Dave Palumbo" thread and in it, he recommends longer durations of cardio with low intensity. He advocates keeping your heartrate under 120 bpm. As far as durations go, I've seen anthing from 30 to 90 mins. I am currently doing 45 mins.

Dave's explanation is this: When you do lower intensity cardio, the body fuels itself from its own fat. However, when you up the intensity, the body needs a different fuel source- it fuels itself on carbs. How does the body get carbs when you're on a no-carb diet? It eats at your muscle and converts it to carbs (or maybe glucose). At any rate, when you do high-intensity cardio, you switch from burning your fat to burning your muscle (something we definitely do NOT want to do). Again, this is what I've learned off of Dave's thread. I'll wait for him or Mr. G. to give the answer.

Welcome, Pan!

- Van L.

And about what kind of cardio to do: I have seen Dave mention mostly walking on a treadmill, but I have also seen where he uses the recumbent bike on his thread...again, we'll get the definitive answers from either Dave or Mr. G....

Thumbs up My before pictures for my Unofficial Mhp Challenge

Thanks for the welcome Guys, being part of a team, holding myself accountable and giving each other strength on this board will play a big part in all this.

Attached are my before pictures, i have just taken them - i managed to buy my supplements today and its day 1 for me tomorrow, i will be 3 days behind you but i will do my best to catch up.

Pan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by biggredd View Post
    Aaron
    I thought for the first couple of weeks they would ease us into the program by only doing weight training & thats why cardio was not mentioned? May be i am wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by loomster2000 View Post
    Guys,

I'll let Dave & Mr. G give the definitive word on the amount/intensity of cardio, but I've been reading Dave's "Q&A with Dave Palumbo" thread and in it, he recommends longer durations of cardio with low intensity. He advocates keeping your heartrate under 120 bpm. As far as durations go, I've seen anthing from 30 to 90 mins. I am currently doing 45 mins.

Dave's explanation is this: When you do lower intensity cardio, the body fuels itself from its own fat. However, when you up the intensity, the body needs a different fuel source- it fuels itself on carbs. How does the body get carbs when you're on a no-carb diet? It eats at your muscle and converts it to carbs (or maybe glucose). At any rate, when you do high-intensity cardio, you switch from burning your fat to burning your muscle (something we definitely do NOT want to do). Again, this is what I've learned off of Dave's thread. I'll wait for him or Mr. G. to give the answer.

Welcome, Pan!

- Van L.
    I'm going to have to work my way up to 90 minutes. Huff, puff....

Default cardio

i havent started cardio yet. i'm waiting till dave tells us.. i'm getting the diet and workouts down and hopefully in ketosis tonite or tomorrow morning. Good Luck to all of u guys WE CAN DO IT !

Default WEEK 1 CARDIO 30 MIN SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

START WITH 30 MINUTES OF CARDIO DONT GET HEART RATE HIGHER THEN 120BPM INFACT FOR MY LAST SHOW MY HEARTRATE NEVER GOT ABOVE 102 .YOU BURN FAT WHEN YOU GO WITH A LOWER HEARTRATE.WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON WHEN THIS WILL CHANGE
    NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU GUYS CAN CALL ME WHENEVER YOU WANT 24-7 I WILL HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING YOU NEED I AM YOUR MOTIVATOR FRIEND MOTHER FATHER .SO CALL WHENEVER YOU WANT.
    bodybymrg@hotmail.com
    516-557-4192

Thanx Mr. G. will start cardio tonite. Awesome video by the way it was the 1st thing i seen this morning and it put me in a great mood all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    START WITH 30 MINUTES OF CARDIO DONT GET HEART RATE HIGHER THEN 120BPM INFACT FOR MY LAST SHOW MY HEARTRATE NEVER GOT ABOVE 102 .YOU BURN FAT WHEN YOU GO WITH A LOWER HEARTRATE.WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON WHEN THIS WILL CHANGE
    YOU GUYS CAN CALL ME WHENEVER YOU WANT 24-7 I WILL HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING YOU NEED I AM YOUR MOTIVATOR FRIEND MOTHER FATHER .SO CALL WHENEVER YOU WANT.
    Roger that, Mr G.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post

Mr G, does that include me too (calling you?)

Also the greatest thing happened to me this morning, my wife in her effort to help support me in these 16 weeks has decided to tag along with me and follow the womens diet (from the hard core transformation), my question is since she only does some cardio a few times a week what should she cut from the womens meal plan (i assume she needs less calories if she is not working out with weights)

Dave and Mr. G.,

I've been having to do my cardio at a speed of 1.5 on the Lifestride treadmill to keep my hear rate under 120 bpm. Is this OK (it's really slow)? I guess it's because I'm so out of shape. I would be interested to hear at what speed you do your cardio when dieting to keep your heart rate under 120 bpm. Thanks!

Default Da Mazola Girl is here~~for all ~~

Hello every one .. I just graduated boot camp am back on christmas leave ... IN BCT ALL COMMUNICATION WITH THE OUTSIDE IS LIMITED ... but I am back ~!

Great to see every one involved ~` Follow your given diets and regimes ~!
    Good luck every one

I am here to support you !@!

Dave is great ~~ Mr .G is da man NEVER GIVE UP ~!

I am hittin the gym hard gotta get supplements ~~

The Ultimate success is found within ones self !
    The heart of a lion ; released from a lamb ~ let the whole world hear your roar !!!

Bear hugs to all

Much Love

Pam
    One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life. That word is love.

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast