Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: MHP Presents the 2008 TEAM MD INSPIRATIONAL TRANSFORMATION

Ouch! I'm working from home today, so I could get these right away. However, I didn't take measurements at the beginning. I know I have gone from 285lbs to 277 - probably quite a bit of water there - and my waist is down about an inch, possibly more:

Chest (relaxed): 53”

Waist (relaxed at naval): 49”

Hips: 48 1/2"

Left Arm (flexed): 18 1/8”

Right Arm (flexed): 18”

Left Thigh: 29 ”

Right Thigh: 29 ”

Left Calf: 17 ”

Right Calf: 17”

Approximate Bodyfat%: 27%
    Last edited by gymnation; December 28th, 2007 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Addition

Default THE SUPPS CAME IN!!!!

I'm happy because I got a HUGE box from the UPS guy around mid-morning. I tore into it and it seems to be enough supplements to do the entire 16 weeks. You guys from MHP are awesome! I want to say thanks to Ilir at MHP, whom I've emailed a couple of times, and especially a BIG THANKS to Gerard Dente, CEO of MHP. Gerard, I don't know if you read these boards, but I want to say "thank you" for sponsoring this Transformation Challenge along with MD. You are truly giving us guys an opportunity of a lifetime.

I can't do a thank-you post without also giving props to Dave and Mr. G. They are with us, step-by-step, through this process. Dave has answered my questions and Mr. G has given me a massive dose of encouragement and motivation. Thanks guys! With you guiding us and MHP fueling and recovering us, I'm sure we'll go far. THANKS!!!

Here are a couple of pics so you can see how this morning went. One is of one of my daughters acting silly in the packing peanuts of the HUGE MHP box while drowning in tubs of protein powder (it was like Christmas again!). The other is of the supplement products I received. Thanks MHP!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default MERGING "LOOMSTER's BLOG" WITH THIS THREAD....

Mr. G thought it would be a good idea if I shared my daily experiences on this thread as well as on my own thread (LOOMSTER's BLOG). I created that thread because I didn't want to clog up this one with so many of my postings, but Mr. G thought it might prove helpful. So I'll be posting the triumphs, trials, and tribulations of my 16-week MHP MD Transformation Challenge here (as well as on "LOOMSTER's BLOG"). I would appreciate any helpful advice or constuctive criticisms.

Gymnation, I'm sure if my entries would prove to be helpful, then yours would be doubly so. Why don't you consider posting your blog experiences here also?

Gerard says your most welcome Loom, its MHP's pleasure to help you guys out in any way we can.

And awesome Picture BTW!!! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by loomster2000 View Post
    I'm happy because I got a HUGE box from the UPS guy around mid-morning. I tore into it and it seems to be enough supplements to do the entire 16 weeks. You guys from MHP are awesome! I want to say thanks to Ilir at MHP, whom I've emailed a couple of times, and especially a BIG THANKS to Gerard Dente, CEO of MHP. Gerard, I don't know if you read these boards, but I want to say "thank you" for sponsoring this Transformation Challenge along with MD. You are truly giving us guys an opportunity of a lifetime.

I can't do a thank-you post without also giving props to Dave and Mr. G. They are with us, step-by-step, through this process. Dave has answered my questions and Mr. G has given me a massive dose of encouragement and motivation. Thanks guys! With you guiding us and MHP fueling and recovering us, I'm sure we'll go far. THANKS!!!

Here are a couple of pics so you can see how this morning went. One is of one of my daughters acting silly in the packing peanuts of the HUGE MHP box while drowning in tubs of protein powder (it was like Christmas again!). The other is of the supplement products I received. Thanks MHP!!!

Keep up the hard work guys, as you can see from guys like Pearce its going to pay off big time! When other people are struggling with their New Years resolutions you guys are already going to be full steam ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    Dear Jeff

Thanks for supporting us all - your the man, not me...

Have a great day.
    And YOU"RE the man, Pan! Take care of yourself; you're already a winner!

Default big red week one pics and measurements

i did not do measurements in the beginning but i have went from 375 pounds to 365 pounds . here are my week one meaurements:

chest: 58 1/2

waist:58

hips:55

left arm flexed:19

right arm flexed:19 1/2

left thigh:30 1/2

right thigh:30 1/2

left calf:20 1/2

right calf:21

sorry for the delay it has been crazy over here but cardio and training are going good still waiting on supplements but i know they will be here soon enough. good luck to everyone. thanks for the support.
    big red

Good luck and best of health to all involved...

Default MEASUREMENTS AND BODYFAT...

I'm like gymnation and biggredd, I also did not take my measurements before I started. Here are my measurements and body fat percentage as of today. Starting Monday, I will get these measurements synched up with my weekly pics. Here they are:

chest: 56 1/2
    waist: 51
    hips: 51 1/4
    left arm: 17 3/4
    right arm: 18 3/16
    left thigh: 24 1/2
    right thigh: 24 1/2
    left calf: 18 5/16
    right calf: 18

My body fat measured 26.9%.

Default WEEK 2 (FRI)

Well, as you can see above, the big news today is that I received my supplements from MHP. I have already given props to Gerard and Co. over at MHP, but I want to once again say "thanks" for all of the products. I'm looking forward to starting them tomorrow!

As far as eating went today, things were fine. I really love this diet. I get to eat meat and I get to eat frequently- two things I love! The eating today went off without a hitch. And amazingly, I am not tempted to stray (at least not often). Eating 6 meals a day keeps me wonderfully satiated.

Today I trained delts. I noticed a sizable increase in my strength as I did my shoulder presses. (That's good news!) When I trained my traps, my biceps felt like they were about to bust out of my skin because they were sore from being worked the day before. The stretch in my bi's distracted concentration from my traps, but I was still able to nail them with the shrugs.

I want to give thanks to Bob Kane at the Riverside Wellness Center in Gloucester, VA. They have sponsored me for the 16 weeks (another great idea from gymnation!) of the Transformation. Also, they are going to test my body fat each week using a ElectroLipoGraph Body Composition Analyzer. It's supposed to be pretty accurate at measuring body fat.

So there you have it. Just another great day livin' the Dave Palumbo and Mr. G way. gymnation, chrisdilorenzo, and biggredd, you guys are looking good. Isn't this opportunity awesome!?!

MHP%20NEW.jpg

TRANSFORMATION 2 TIP OF THE WEEK #2: MACHINE SIDE LATERAL RAISES

Default Stats

Hey guys sorry for the delay in my stats. Just like everybody else i didnt take starting measurements either Here are my current stats of this morning 12/29.

Start weight: 210lbs

Current weight: 202lbs

Chest: 42"

R Arm : 16"

L Arm: 15 3/4"

Waist: 37 3/4"

R Quad: 25"

L Quad: 25"

R Calf: 16"

L Calf: 16"

Body Fat% I have not had it tested but i would have to say its in the 20% range.

The Diet and Training are going great! I really feel awesome now that my body is no longer burning carbs for energy and is now using ketones. Everybody looks great! Thanx Jeff the Moose for all the encouragement i look forward to hearing what u have to say everyday. I love my nickname too!! I am obsessed w/ Rocky LOL. My supps came yesterday a big thanks to Gerard and everybody at MHP for making this possible. A huge thanx to dave and mr G. for the diet and motivation. For the 1st time in my life and w/ all the diets i've tried i really feel it in my heart w/ this one. I'm already down 8lbs and this is just the beginning.

Default SOME SUPPLEMENT QUESTIONS....

Dave or Mr. G.,

1. The directions on MHP's TRAC say: "Take one serving (17 grams) daily, preferably pre-workout." Do you want us to take a serving also on Day 3 and Day 7 which are our "off" days? If so, when would be the best time to take the serving?

2. The directions on MHP's ANADROX say: "As a dietary supplement, take 4 capsules once or twice daily. For maximum results, take 4 capsules in the morning and 4 capsules in the afternoon." Since we're going for "maximum results," I would assume that we take 4 capsules twice a day (equalling a total of 8 capsules per day). Is this correct?

3. The directions on MHP's PROBOLIC-SR say: "Mix 1 to 2 scoops of Probolic-SR with 8-16 oz. of water..." Since Dave has prescribed 40g of protein from Probolic-SR in his diet, this means taking 2 scoops per shake (since 1 scoop has 20g of protein). Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Thanks!!! I'm just trying to insure that I'm taking the supplements properly. Mad props to Dave & Terminator G!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearce View Post
    Thanks for the compliment bro,

im loving the positive vibe in this thread... keep it up guys
    Thanks Pearce, for taking your time to motivate and inspire us. It's all about positivity! I really have a feeling that we are all gonna do great, and show everyone that we are also 'hardcore'!

Dave's diet is outstanding!. I never thought I could have so much energy without carbs. I guess I never really allowed my body to go fully into ketosis before. I am definitely flying high. My training is now kicking into gear. I did chest and calves yesterday, and my intensity is starting to get to respectable levels again. I am pretty sore today, but I can't wait to hit the gym again today. * Special Shout-out to Flex Gym in Lakewood, CO - the best little gym in the world!

I am doing well with the cardio, but I must admit to being a little bored with it - I have to remember that if I lag, Mr G will 'terminate' me. Listen to him now, and hear him later, girly man!

Big Red, you are one BIG guy - you have a ton of muscle, man!
    You too, Loomster. You could fly with those lats!
    Chris, I wish I could have started this challenge with your bodyfat % - you are gonna kick ass!
    Pan, you are going to get your health straightened out and fly man. I can tell by your posts that you know it too.

Thanks again, to everyone for making this such a positive experience so far - luckily, the haters don't seem too interested in our thread. If they can bust so hard on Flex Wheeler, I can only imagine what they'd say about me!

I can't wait to get on the supplementation! I 'm starting to find a gear I thought I had lost. My wife is coming to the gym with me nearly every day, and she is looking forward to training hard once her treatments are over.
    We will NEVER GIVE UP!
    Last edited by gymnation; December 29th, 2007 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Addition
    "He that can have patience can have what he will." -Benjamin Franklin-

Quote Originally Posted by gymnation View Post
    Thanks Pearce, for taking your time to motivate and inspire us. It's all about positivity! I really have a feeling that we are all gonna do great, and show everyone that we are also 'hardcore'!

Dave's diet is outstanding!. I never thought I could have so much energy without carbs. I guess I never really allowed my body to go fully into ketosis before. I am definitely flying high. My training is now kicking into gear. I did chest and calves yesterday, and my intensity is starting to get to respectable levels again. I am pretty sore today, but I can't wait to hit the gym again today. * Special Shout-out to Flex Gym in Lakewood, CO - the best little gym in the world!

I am doing well with the cardio, but I must admit to being a little bored with it - I have to remember that if I lag, Mr G will 'terminate' me. Listen to him now, and hear him later, girly man!

Big Red, you are one BIG guy - you have a ton of muscle, man!
    You too, Loomster. You could fly with those lats!
    Chris, I wish I could have started this challenge with your bodyfat % - you are gonna kick ass!
    Pan, you are going to get your health straightened out and fly man. I can tell by your posts that you know it too.

Thanks again, to everyone for making this such a positive experience so far - luckily, the haters don't seem too interested in our thread. If they can bust so hard on Flex Wheeler, I can only imagine what they'd say about me!

I can't wait to get on the supplementation! I 'm starting to find a gear I thought I had lost. My wife is coming to the gym with me nearly every day, and she is looking forward to training hard once her treatments are over.
    We will NEVER GIVE UP!
    Gymnation, thanks so much for that last post. I am about to leave for the gym to do legs and you have fired me up! You are a great encouragement!

And speaking of encouragement, I appreciate Jeff lifting all of us up (and that takes some incredible strength right?). Jeff always has a good word for us. I respect him for that. He didn't do his Transformation and then run away with the results, never to look back again. He still hangs with those of us who are still "in the trenches." Thanks Jeff!

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man! Whoo!!!" - Ric Flair
    (Don't ask me the meaning of this quote; it's just a good one-liner.)

Default WEEK 2 (SAT)

Well, here we are at the end of the week and I'm looking forward to tomorrow being an off day. Also, I'm looking forward to my Monday night cheat meal. (Burger King, here I come!) I feel really good. I have a slightly tight feeling in my bi's and along my traps and delts...signs that something wonderful has happened there recently.

Today was rather uneventful; however, in dieting and working out, that is good news. I woke up late this morning because my two daughters had some friends over for a spend-the-night party. They were up until the wee hours of the morning playing some kind of High School Musical 2 DVD games. Exciting, huh? (That boat-load of cheese sticks cooking in the oven sure smelled good!) I eventually went to bed around midnight. Getting up later this morning proved to be a good thing because it put me behind with my meals all day. And that's good because I plan to be up late tonight watching the Patriots and Jets (lose Patriots!) and my meals can stretch on out until I go to bed.

I trained legs today. They're getting stronger, but I am quickly remembering why I never liked training my legs...the pain, the breathlessness, the funny walk around the gym and back to car because you are afraid your leg is going to give way on the next step and you'll go crashing to the ground. Yeah, I pretty much HATE training legs. Do I want big legs? You know it! Am I willing to pay the price in the gym to get them? Yessir! Will I enjoy doing it? Uh-uh...no way. As awesome as Dave and Mr. G. are, I don't even think even they could ever get me to enjoy training legs. Can they motivate me to train them and train them hard? You bet. But loving to train legs is probably a joy that I will never have.

Let me conclude today's comments by giving you a quick convenience tip that my wife introduced to me. She took my big bag of raw almonds and took a box of snack-sized plastic baggies and made me some convenient snack packs. Now, when I cook my chicken, I don't have to go and measure out 1/3 of a cup of almonds every time. I just reach in the bowl where she keeps them and grab a pre-measured snack pack. Convenient, isn't it? My wife's the greatest! But what I'm wondering is why did she have to put it in that bowl? Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by loomster2000 View Post
    Well, here we are at the end of the week and I'm looking forward to tomorrow being an off day. Also, I'm looking forward to my Monday night cheat meal. (Burger King, here I come!) I feel really good. I have a slightly tight feeling in my bi's and along my traps and delts...signs that something wonderful has happened there recently.

Today was rather uneventful; however, in dieting and working out, that is good news. I woke up late this morning because my two daughters had some friends over for a spend-the-night party. They were up until the wee hours of the morning playing some kind of High School Musical 2 DVD games. Exciting, huh? (That boat-load of cheese sticks cooking in the oven sure smelled good!) I eventually went to bed around midnight. Getting up later this morning proved to be a good thing because it put me behind with my meals all day. And that's good because I plan to be up late tonight watching the Patriots and Jets (lose Patriots!) and my meals can stretch on out until I go to bed.

I trained legs today. They're getting stronger, but I am quickly remembering why I never liked training my legs...the pain, the breathlessness, the funny walk around the gym and back to car because you are afraid your leg is going to give way on the next step and you'll go crashing to the ground. Yeah, I pretty much HATE training legs. Do I want big legs? You know it! Am I willing to pay the price in the gym to get them? Yessir! Will I enjoy doing it? Uh-uh...no way. As awesome as Dave and Mr. G. are, I don't even think even they could ever get me to enjoy training legs. Can they motivate me to train them and train them hard? You bet. But loving to train legs is probably a joy that I will never have.

Let me conclude today's comments by giving you a quick convenience tip that my wife introduced to me. She took my big bag of raw almonds and took a box of snack-sized plastic baggies and made me some convenient snack packs. Now, when I cook my chicken, I don't have to go and measure out 1/3 of a cup of almonds every time. I just reach in the bowl where she keeps them and grab a pre-measured snack pack. Convenient, isn't it? My wife's the greatest! But what I'm wondering is why did she have to put it in that bowl? Hmmm....
    Loomster, I love to train legs - but I know what you mean. I don't really like training delts or biceps. I actually love practically crawling out of the gym after a leg workout. I try to keep in mind what Tom Platz said about each bodypart being a different emotion, and that you need to love each one in a different way...
    You're not really going to BK for your cheat meal...ON NEW YEAR'S EVE????
    I like your wife's idea, BTW.
    "He that can have patience can have what he will." -Benjamin Franklin-

Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast