Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: MHP Presents the 2008 TEAM MD INSPIRATIONAL TRANSFORMATION

Default MDTV

Hey guys, just had the best arm workout of my life!! the pump was unbelievable I'm not sure where u guys live but i was thinking maybe we could get Mr G. and Dave to do an MDTV segment w/ all of us training!!! How awesome would that be??? i'm not sure if they would go for it but it never hurts to ask If they think its a good idea we could all coordinate a day and a time and meet and do a training segment. Let me know what u guys think!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdilorenzo View Post
    Hey guys, just had the best arm workout of my life!! the pump was unbelievable I'm not sure where u guys live but i was thinking maybe we could get Mr G. and Dave to do an MDTV segment w/ all of us training!!! How awesome would that be??? i'm not sure if they would go for it but it never hurts to ask If they think its a good idea we could all coordinate a day and a time and meet and do a training segment. Let me know what u guys think!
    I would love to do that Chris. The only problem is that I'm in Colorado - I assume you guys are on the East coast? I've thought about having my wife take some video or stills of me training and posting those (That wouldn't be as embarrassing for me as the progress pics). That might be an option for all of us, or...
    I don't know how you're training, but I'm following Dave's suggested split. It's very logical. I've also adopted his ideas about arm training; unilateral, and using some cables. I've never trained arms that way, except for some DB Concentration curls. I am really getting some brutal arm workouts this way. I've never been able to connect with my biceps like this before, and I've always bought into the idea of heavy barbell curls, preacher curls, etc. I will likely always train arms this way.
    Mr G and you will both be glad to know that someone gave me a Rocky Balboa DVD for Christmas. I like that movie more than I expected to. It's very inspiring for us older guys.
    "He that can have patience can have what he will." -Benjamin Franklin-

Default MDTV

gymnation ur gonna love the rocky balboa movie.. totally inspirational!! i agree w/ u about the unilatteral arm training, i've never done it that way either and i love it!! yeah i live in ny by the way sorry bro

gymnation ur gonna love the rocky balboa movie.. totally inspirational!! i agree w/ u about the unilatteral arm training, i've never done it that way either and i love it!! yeah i live in ny by the way sorry bro
    My company has an office up in Troy - if I'm ever out there for a week or two, maybe I can drive down and we can train on a weekend or something. Once my wife is through with her treatments, that kind of trip might happen...

gymnation, thanks for the comment, i still got along wat to go but support like that and the support we get from others like pierce, mr. g, and dave helps me keep going. loomster i like all the updated posts good job maybe i can do the same but right now it's hard to even get on here and check any new posts. training is going great and eating is going good but , damm it was hard at x-mas with all that good food looking at me but i didnt stray away at all, everytime i would walk past the food i got my 7 year old son telling no dad your on a diet while he's stuffing his face but it's all good. it's cool to have my family and friends to support me if it wasnt for them im not sure i could do this.chris thats a good idea about training together but im not sure if i can travel anywhere but if anyone of y'all are down south in biloxi, ms. contact me. just wanted say this again good luck gymnation, loomster, chris, and pan keep up the good work it's going to be cool to see how this challenge turns out.

IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR AT THE END OF YOUR ROPE TIE A KNOT IN IT AND HOLD ON!!! not sure who said it but it's true just hold on and don't give up
    GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
    BIG RED ---AARON

Default WEEK 2 (SUN)

Well, there's not much to write about today. The diet went well. I am continually amazed how much I am not tempted to cheat on this diet. I tried doing the Adkins diet a couple of different times years ago. I was pretty successful at losing a major amount of weight, but I would be continually craving carb-laden foods. Thoughts of pizza, a syrupy stack of pancakes, Cocoa Pebbles cereal, etc. kept dancing in my head. Of course, after I got off the diet, the weight poured back on. But with Dave's diet, I really haven't had to fight any of those demons of carb temptation. I don't know if it's the regularity of eating 6 meals a day or what, but my carb cravings have been zilch so far. Let's hope it holds out like this for the entire 16 weeks!

As far as my training, today was an off day (Day 7). As I sat in church this morning, I could feel my quads gradually begin to stiffen in soreness because of the hammering they received yesterday. Soreness or no soreness, I like that feeling. That lets me know something happened to that muscle.

I will be posting my "end of Week 2" pics tomorrow. Also, I will be posting my measurements and bodyfat, though I'm sure there won't be that much of a change since I just posted them a couple of days ago. However starting tomorrow, my pics and measurements will be posted together weekly. Hopefully then, we'll be able to note some changes week-by-week.

Gymnation, Biggredd, Chrisdilorenzo, Pierce, Dave, Mr. G., Ilir, and others, thanks for all of the positive comments and motivation you've provided!

Good idea, Chris, but I'm way down in VA. That would be some drive all the way up to NY (I think that's where they're at) to do a workout. Great idea, though!

Quote Originally Posted by biggredd View Post
    gymnation, thanks for the comment, i still got along wat to go but support like that and the support we get from others like pierce, mr. g, and dave helps me keep going. loomster i like all the updated posts good job maybe i can do the same but right now it's hard to even get on here and check any new posts. training is going great and eating is going good but , damm it was hard at x-mas with all that good food looking at me but i didnt stray away at all, everytime i would walk past the food i got my 7 year old son telling no dad your on a diet while he's stuffing his face but it's all good. it's cool to have my family and friends to support me if it wasnt for them im not sure i could do this.chris thats a good idea about training together but im not sure if i can travel anywhere but if anyone of y'all are down south in biloxi, ms. contact me. just wanted say this again good luck gymnation, loomster, chris, and pan keep up the good work it's going to be cool to see how this challenge turns out.

IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR AT THE END OF YOUR ROPE TIE A KNOT IN IT AND HOLD ON!!! not sure who said it but it's true just hold on and don't give up
    GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
    BIG RED ---AARON
    It's cool you're in Biloxi, Aaron. I grew up in Mobile, AL. My wife has relatives in Ocean Springs, MS. Small world, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by gymnation View Post
    I've thought about having my wife take some video or stills of me training and posting those...
    On second thought, I don't think that would be very interesting for anyone. I may wait until I'm in a bit better shape..
    Keep fighting guys!

Spotter

Here are my pictures. Sorry about the delay, but I've just had the week from hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Pearce View Post
    lickety man, u got big ass calves
    That's no lie! You really should show those puppies more in your pics.
    BTW, what are your stats/measurements LS?
    Last edited by gymnation; December 31st, 2007 at 04:10 PM. Reason: corrections

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by gymnation View Post
    That's no lie! You really should show those puppies more in your pics.
    BTW, what are your stats/measurements LS?
    Last time I checked my calves were right around 17" cold. I've always had big calves, they probably stayed big from hauling around so much weight over the years.

My legs are probably my strength, but my upper body needs a lot of work. Especially my torso, I'm down over 100 lbs but I still need to lose a lot of weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit View Post
    Last time I checked my calves were right around 17" cold. I've always had big calves, they probably stayed big from hauling around so much weight over the years.

My legs are probably my strength, but my upper body needs a lot of work. Especially my torso, I'm down over 100 lbs but I still need to lose a lot of weight.
    You must have relatively small joints, because that's about the same size as my calves, and yours look much bigger...good work on the weight loss. I really believe that Dave's diet is the ticket for more and better results.

Default Happy New Year - Welcome Licketysplit

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit View Post

Happy New Year Everyone!

Welcome Licketysplit. Congrats on your amazing weight loss to date. You will find all the guys on this forum are a beacon of light to which give each other strength.

God Bless

Pan

Default HAPPY NEW YEAR

2008 IS THE BEST YEAR OF YOUR LIFES YOUR BODY MIND AND SOUL IS READY FOR THE NEXT LEVEL.YOU ARE ALL DOING A FABULOUS JOB.YOU WERE CHOSEN NOT BY US BUT BY GOD ,TO HELP MOTIVATE OTHER PEOPLE IN THEIR LIFES THRU YOURS,YOU NOW KNOW YOUR PURPOSE TOUR BETTER AND FUNNIER THEN WE ARE.YOU ALL HAVE A LITTLE ROCKY,TERMINATOR AND SANTA INSIDE .

LIFE IS HOPE AND HOPE IS LIFE

NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!
    bodybymrg@hotmail.com
    516-557-4192

Thumbs up MDTV IN THE TRENCHES

Quote Originally Posted by loomster2000 View Post
    Good idea, Chris, but I'm way down in VA. That would be some drive all the way up to NY (I think that's where they're at) to do a workout. Great idea, though!
    WE HAVE TALK ABOUT THIS A LONG TIME.WE ARE DEFINATELY GOING TO DO
    A TRAINING SEGEMENT TOGETHER.WE KNOW EVERYONE WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT
    bodybymrg@hotmail.com
    516-557-4192

Default END OF WEEK 2 PICS

Here are my pics at the end of Week 2. My measurements, body fat and weight are:

WEIGHT: 305
    BODYFAT: 27.4%

CHEST: 56 1/2
    WAIST: 51
    HIPS: 51 1/4
    LEFT ARM: 17 3/4
    RIGHT ARM: 18 3/16
    LEFT THIGH: 24 1/2
    RIGHT THIGH: 24 1/2
    LEFT CALF: 18 5/16
    RIGHT CALF: 18
    Attached Images Attached Images