Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: MHP Presents the 2008 TEAM MD "GIVE ME MUSCLE OR GIVE ME DEATH" HARDCORE CHALLENGE

Here's the list of. . .

HARCORE CHALLENGE

DOM O'NEAL
    GYM DIVA
    PANKSE
    WILL F

***All those athletes picked need to post very clear photos of themselves from the front, back, and sides......and they must include their real names. Also, please email me (huge285@aol.com) with your complete name, address, email, and contact phone number. Anyone who can't comply with these very simple rules cannot be involved in this challenge. Plus, no home address means no supplements!!!...lol

Quote Originally Posted by huge285 View Post
    Here's the list of. . .

HARCORE CHALLENGE

DOM O'NEAL
    GYM DIVA
    PANKSE
    WILL F

***All those athletes picked need to post very clear photos of themselves from the front, back, and sides......and they must include their real names. Also, please email me (huge285@aol.com) with your complete name, address, email, and contact phone number. Anyone who can't comply with these very simple rules cannot be involved in this challenge. Plus, no home address means no supplements!!!...lol
    Just heard about the challenge on MD Radio but I'm guessing these 4 participants have been picked already. No one else needs to apply, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Graphlex View Post
    Just heard about the challenge on MD Radio but I'm guessing these 4 participants have been picked already. No one else needs to apply, correct?
    yeah same question.
    if the choice is defenitive or if its still time to post the pics up (if so tomorrow i can post them up)
    thanks

Default The shafting of bodybuilding competitions continues

First off, congrats and best of luck to Gym Diva, who I think makes an excellent candidate for this challenge. Kudos to her as she won while playing within the confines of the "rules."

Im not sure who WillF is but I sure hope he posted a story/pictures.

Like everyone else Im disappointed that I wasn't selected, but Im even more disappointed because of the blatant favoritism that has been shown here.

I will graciously accept defeat at the hands of superior competitors, with superior physiques and superior submissions, but it's mighty hard to swallow losing to 2 entrants, one who applied after the December 1st deadline, and one who applied after the December 1st deadline and didnt even submit pics. How is this possible?

I think the parties responsible for selecting the winners should be a little less transparent in their obvious favoritism as it's clear this "challenge" was over before it started.

I guess that's what you get when you deal with the "mob."
    Someone please tell me (with a straight face) that the post below is so good to win, it doesnt need pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    HERE IS DOM ONEIL STORY MY PARENTS DIVORCED AT A YOUNG AGE .I HAD TO MOVE AND USED FOOD AS A COMFORT TO HIDE MY PAIN .KIDS AT THE NEW SCHOOL MADE FUN OF ME AND CALLED ME FATTY AND A BASTARD CHILD .I DECIDED AT 17 YRS I WAS NOT GOING TO LET ANYONE HURT ME ANY MORE I DECIDED TO START WORKING OUT I WOULD LIKE TO COMPETE BUTI AM AFAID I WIIL MAKE AFOOL OF MYSELF I NEED DAVE ,MR. G AND MHP TO GIVE ME THE MINDSET AND BODY TO WALK ON STAGE I HAVE HAD A LOW SELF ESTEEM MY WHOLE LIFE EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN TOLD I LOOK LIKE A MINI EVAN C

HEIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But in a world where Jay Cutler is Mr. O, should this be a surprise?

Default Bad Candidates

I absolutely agree. Not to be rude but 2 of the 4 picked submitted their stories and photos after deadline. One didn't have pics and this is not a hard luck story. It's about dedicated gym rats that have good potential and want to get to the next level. I think choosing was a bit irrational or unfair. I believe there were some young guys with good stories and great potential such as me, GrayBull, and they guy that took a pick with Ed Corney. There were a few other good candidates too. Other than gymdiva it seemed like they picked out of shape people.

Default MHP hardcore challenge

First off I congratulate the competitors who were selected, but have some problems with how the selections were made.

2 of the contestants submitted thier stories AFTER the Dec 1 deadline and were selected.

Also one of the contestants did not even post his own story, let alone pics.

Finally, it would have been nice to see a young guy get selected as they have much to learn and can apply the lessons throughout thier life. There were many promising young candidates who submitted before the deadline and its a shame that not even 1 was selected.

good luck DOM O'NEAL, GYM DIVA,PANKSE and WILL F

Quote Originally Posted by justinpleasehelp View Post
    good luck DOM O'NEAL, GYM DIVA,PANKSE and WILL F
    yes! Good look to those selected!!

Just like a show, you can't always agree with the selections. I do wish the best of luck to those who were lucky enough to be selected.

As much as I would of loved to be selected, I'm still going to push myself during the next 16 weeks to make the best gains I possibly can. Although I won't have the expert guidance and supplementation that the winners will have, I was already in the mindset to dedicate myself to breaking my through my boundries, no matter what it takes. Just because I wasn't selected, I'm not going to give up on myself.

I encourage those not selected to start a thread or training journal during the next 16 weeks. I will, and I hope to report some great gains. I'm going to be trying some training methods and nutrional alterations that I've never done before, so I'm very optimistic.

-Rob

Default WHEN THE TRUTH IS BEFORE WILL YOU ACCEPT IT

Quote Originally Posted by icewater21 View Post
    First off, congrats and best of luck to Gym Diva, who I think makes an excellent candidate for this challenge. Kudos to her as she won while playing within the confines of the "rules."

Im not sure who WillF is but I sure hope he posted a story/pictures.

Like everyone else Im disappointed that I wasn't selected, but Im even more disappointed because of the blatant favoritism that has been shown here.

I will graciously accept defeat at the hands of superior competitors, with superior physiques and superior submissions, but it's mighty hard to swallow losing to 2 entrants, one who applied after the December 1st deadline, and one who applied after the December 1st deadline and didnt even submit pics. How is this possible?

I think the parties responsible for selecting the winners should be a little less transparent in their obvious favoritism as it's clear this "challenge" was over before it started.

I guess that's what you get when you deal with the "mob."
    Someone please tell me (with a straight face) that the post below is so good to win, it doesnt need pictures...

But in a world where Jay Cutler is Mr. O, should this be a surprise?
    THIS WAS NEVER A CONTEST IT WAS A CHALLENGE.I CHOSE ALL THE PARTICIPANTS.IWE DIDNOT COMPARE PHYSIQUES AS THIS WAS NOT A
    BODYBUILDING CONTEST.I STARTED THIS WHOLE TRANSFORMATION SERIS BECAUSE I WANTED TO HELP PEOPLE WHO COULD NOT AFFORD OUR SERVICES AND HAD COMPELING STORIES THAT HELPING THESE INDVIDUALS OTHERS WOULD BE HELPED THATS WHY WE POST ALL THEV WORKOUTS AND DIET INFO ON THE BOARD SO EVERYONE COULD BENEFIT
    .I DO NOT GET PAID FOR THIS.IF YOU GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE FIRST TRANSFORMATION YOU WIIL READ WHY WE STARTED THIS I WORK 14 HRS A DAY AND TYPE WITH 1 FINGER AND ALSO FALL ASLEEP AT THE SAME TIME AS WELL AS DAVE .YOU HAVE A GREAT FUTURE AND SHOULD KEEP GOING YOU COULD WIN A NATIONAL TITLE ONE DAY IF YOU THINK ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. WE REALLY DIDNOT PICK TILL THIS MONDAY.WE WOULD CHOOSE EVERYONE IF WE COULD.AS FAR AS DOM HE DOES NOT HAVE A COMPUTOR SO I SAID I WOULD HELP HIM POST HE IS 18 AND HIS MOTHER HAS TO WORK 2 JOBS.I HATE WRITING SO THIS WILL BE DIFFICULT AND MORE WORK FOR ME TO POST HIS PROGRESS.

THE SECRET TO BODYBULDING IS 100% MOTIVATION JUST AS ROCKY GOT UP AFTER GETTING KNOKED DOWNHE GOT BACK UP
    JAY CUTTLER LOST COUNTLESS TIMES BUT GOT BACK UP AND WON
    WHERESS YOUR ROCKY ARE YOU GOING TO GET BACK UP AND RELIZE THE ONLY DISSAPOINTMENT IS NOT TRYING.

HERE IS MY #516 541-2516 I WILL HELP YOU IF YOU CALL ME!
    NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE!
    bodybymrg@hotmail.com
    516-557-4192

its kinda sad that people are having tempor tantroms bc they were chosed no big deal... ok it sucks we werent picked but this is a positive thing MD has going here so eat the fact u werent chosed and try again next time...your gonna ruin a great thing for other people if u continue to bitch about you not being picked....grow up and get on with it...if ne thing it should be more motivation to bust ure ass to get better...I WISH THE BEST OF LUCK TO THE CONTESTANTS AND GOD BLESS!!
    www.myspace.com/bucksweep85
    "Insane is what the lazy call the commited!"

Default bogus

You guys can call me a bitch, but i agree that the picks were shaddy. If the contest was judged on stories then gym diva shouldn't have been chosen. Her story was plain and void of passion or desire. Some of the other stories were definitely weak. The deadline thing is rediculous, those entries should not have counted. Im very dissapointed, but i am still doing my contest in may and you guys truly did miss out on a great story. Hopefully I will be able to still hire Palumbo.

Mr. G

With all due respect, no one is saying what you're doing isn't positive. Your enthusiasm for this challenge speaks volumes. Every person selected will benefit greatly.

What I am saying is that if people wanted this badly enough, they would have met all demands put forth by the sponsors, specifically meeting deadlines and following entry criteria.
    In fact YOU yourself said that people needed to get pictures in to be selected, but then YOU selected someone who didnt comply.

Rules truly help weed out those who are serious vs. those who are not. Typing up a story and taking some pictures is easy. If you cant submit a story by a certain date, how can you be relied upon to eat 10 lbs of food a day or do hours of cardio, or stick to a diet?
    If you ask me, this is already starting off on the wrong foot and if people like Dave and Victor are willing to dedicate their time, their insight, and their effort, the least you can do is reply in kind.

Furthermore,people who submitted after Dec 1 are at a distinct advantage since they've had more time to formulate their stories, take the right picture, etc. I'd liken it to being in school and taking a test where some of the students get more time to work on the test than the others.
    It is simply unfair.
    BOTTOM LINE: Dont bother creating rules if they clearly dont apply to everyone.

Again, best of luck to Gym Diva and Will F (if he followed the rules.)

And to the others, lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    THIS WAS NEVER A CONTEST IT WAS A CHALLENGE.I CHOSE ALL THE PARTICIPANTS.IWE DIDNOT COMPARE PHYSIQUES AS THIS WAS NOT A
    BODYBUILDING CONTEST.I STARTED THIS WHOLE TRANSFORMATION SERIS BECAUSE I WANTED TO HELP PEOPLE WHO COULD NOT AFFORD OUR SERVICES AND HAD COMPELING STORIES THAT HELPING THESE INDVIDUALS OTHERS WOULD BE HELPED THATS WHY WE POST ALL THEV WORKOUTS AND DIET INFO ON THE BOARD SO EVERYONE COULD BENEFIT
    .I DO NOT GET PAID FOR THIS.IF YOU GO BACK AND LOOK AT THE FIRST TRANSFORMATION YOU WIIL READ WHY WE STARTED THIS I WORK 14 HRS A DAY AND TYPE WITH 1 FINGER AND ALSO FALL ASLEEP AT THE SAME TIME AS WELL AS DAVE .YOU HAVE A GREAT FUTURE AND SHOULD KEEP GOING YOU COULD WIN A NATIONAL TITLE ONE DAY IF YOU THINK ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. WE REALLY DIDNOT PICK TILL THIS MONDAY.WE WOULD CHOOSE EVERYONE IF WE COULD.AS FAR AS DOM HE DOES NOT HAVE A COMPUTOR SO I SAID I WOULD HELP HIM POST HE IS 18 AND HIS MOTHER HAS TO WORK 2 JOBS.I HATE WRITING SO THIS WILL BE DIFFICULT AND MORE WORK FOR ME TO POST HIS PROGRESS.

THE SECRET TO BODYBULDING IS 100% MOTIVATION JUST AS ROCKY GOT UP AFTER GETTING KNOKED DOWNHE GOT BACK UP
    JAY CUTTLER LOST COUNTLESS TIMES BUT GOT BACK UP AND WON
    WHERESS YOUR ROCKY ARE YOU GOING TO GET BACK UP AND RELIZE THE ONLY DISSAPOINTMENT IS NOT TRYING.

HERE IS MY #516 541-2516 I WILL HELP YOU IF YOU CALL ME!
    NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE!

you have a legit gripe here icewater21 & i believe that your application should not only be reconsidered but that you SHOULD be selected because of the errors that you have pointed out!!! (and because you have a real desire to be challenged!)

so what up mr g!!!!! balls in your court!!! i think icewater21 should be entered into this challenge!!!!

should i have to start a poll or something like that?????

Quote Originally Posted by icewater21 View Post
    Mr. G

With all due respect, no one is saying what you're doing isn't positive. Your enthusiasm for this challenge speaks volumes. Every person selected will benefit greatly.

What I am saying is that if people wanted this badly enough, they would have met all demands put forth by the sponsors, specifically meeting deadlines and following entry criteria.
    In fact YOU yourself said that people needed to get pictures in to be selected, but then YOU selected someone who didnt comply.

Rules truly help weed out those who are serious vs. those who are not. Typing up a story and taking some pictures is easy. If you cant submit a story by a certain date, how can you be relied upon to eat 10 lbs of food a day or do hours of cardio, or stick to a diet?
    If you ask me, this is already starting off on the wrong foot and if people like Dave and Victor are willing to dedicate their time, their insight, and their effort, the least you can do is reply in kind.

Furthermore,people who submitted after Dec 1 are at a distinct advantage since they've had more time to formulate their stories, take the right picture, etc. I'd liken it to being in school and taking a test where some of the students get more time to work on the test than the others.
    It is simply unfair.
    BOTTOM LINE: Dont bother creating rules if they clearly dont apply to everyone.

Again, best of luck to Gym Diva and Will F (if he followed the rules.)

And to the others, lucky you!
    I'm workin on getting better K!!!

This is coming from a guy who applied yesterday, lol.

While I dont agree with the others in bashing anyone who entered this challenge, winner or loser, captain cardio you clearly didnt want it that bad since you applied so late. That's my point is all.

To have applied back in November and check this post 10 times a day to see if there's a winner, only to have 2 people who waltzed in , didnt submit pics, and got a spot, is very disappointing and feels like a slap in the face.

But you're right, use this as further motivation (it sure made for one hell of a chest workout for me today.) Everyone who is mad should progress like crazy then go do ads for Gaspari or ON, or the Satan Himself (Muscletech), LOL.

The only one standing in the way of your goals is yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by captaincardio58 View Post
    its kinda sad that people are having tempor tantroms bc they were chosed no big deal... ok it sucks we werent picked but this is a positive thing MD has going here so eat the fact u werent chosed and try again next time...your gonna ruin a great thing for other people if u continue to bitch about you not being picked....grow up and get on with it...if ne thing it should be more motivation to bust ure ass to get better...I WISH THE BEST OF LUCK TO THE CONTESTANTS AND GOD BLESS!!

Much props iron4vergal

Im not saying it should be me, because like I said, I'd graciously accept defeat at the hands of eligible competitors.

But i do appreciate the validation.

We'll see if the squeaky wheel gets the grease, hahaha.

im gonna fight tooth and nail because i really wanted it.
    like the man says himself
    NEVER GIVE UP
    NEVER GIVE UP
    NEVER GIVE UP
    hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
    you have a legit gripe here icewater21 & i believe that your application should not only be reconsidered but that you SHOULD be selected because of the errors that you have pointed out!!! (and because you have a real desire to be challenged!)

so what up mr g!!!!! balls in your court!!! i think icewater21 should be entered into this challenge!!!!

should i have to start a poll or something like that?????
    Last edited by icewater21; December 12th, 2007 at 10:42 PM.

I agree with icewater21, I wanted to be chosen just as much as he did.

It is a royal travesty that 2 of the chosen submitted thier stories after the deadline, and how ironic that Mr G chooses one of his friends.

I thought this was a hardcore mucslebuilding challenge and no hard luck stories were necessary, if I knew I would get chosen if I made up some sob story, I would have.

THIS IS GIVE ME MUSCLE OR GIVE ME DEATH, not the Inpirational Challenge, the most hardcore bodybuilders with the best potential were supposed to be chosen (or so I thought).

NO BULL, yeah right.

Right on Icewater. As I stated earlier it wasn't fair. We are not here to bitch and moan but to make sure justice is served. If nobody complained, then nobody's voice would be heard and the rules would continue to be broken. Rules in life are there to distinguish between right and wrong. If you don't want bitching and moaning, then follow your own rules. I'm voicing my opinion in hopes that the rules will be applied and followed for the next transformation challenge. If everyone picked was eligible, I would be disappointed but wouldn't complain. Good candidates were passed up.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast