Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: MHP Presents the 2008 TEAM MD "GIVE ME MUSCLE OR GIVE ME DEATH" HARDCORE CHALLENGE

I can't help but agree with Icewater21, I know that I hustled to get my story posted before the "deadline". Of course everyone is disappointed that they were not chosen, it would have been a dream come true to be given the opportunity to work with Dave and Victor; proven champions in the bodybuilding world.

The true disgrace in this matter is the fact that even though people worked so hard to follow the guidelines of the challenge, in the end people were chosen that blatantly disregarded the original rules of the challenge.
    I'm not trying to gripe and "boo-hoo, poor me I didn't get chosen", because I'm sure there are people who are more deserving than myself ... I just hoped that the people who were chosen would have been judged under the same criteria as I was. The judges should have made it clear that they were extending the deadline so maybe I could have edited my post to try to one-up the others ... or maybe I could have had a personal relationship with one of the judges so they can see how hungry I am for a transformation and how dedicated I am to bodybuilding. Unfortunately, I only posted the story about my drive and determination in the gym and not the pitfalls I have encountered in my life...but at least it was before the deadline.

Best of luck to those chosen, you have an amazing opportunity that we are all dreaming of ... and those of us not chosen, stay on that grind...we'll have our day to shine!

Forget it. I'm pissed noone answered my question about a deadline, I would have entered myself.

Also I have to agree with everyone here - how can someone get in by not following the rules? Why even bother having rules then? Not right guys. I didn't enter, but how could I? I asked about the deadline and was ignored.

Others thought the "deadline" ended, but someone slipped through and not only that someone was picked without a photo? Yes, a transformation challenge and not a "bodybuilding contest", Mr. G - way to play with semantics there - the point is the rules CLEARLY STATED that you HAVE TO SUBMIT a picture.

Whoever got picked and didn't submit a picture needs to put one up TODAY or get disqualified and pick someone else who were brave enough to put thier pics up.

Also, how do we know the person who was picked without the picture isn't going to fake a before photo now? We have no way of telling.
    Last edited by LeePriestLover; December 13th, 2007 at 05:09 AM.

Whooaaa, Why not just chill out. Mr.G is a stand up guy and I am sure he chose those who he felt were best for this challenge.

People are always bound to be a little pissed if they are not chosen, but seriously there is nothing stopping you from keeping up with the challenge without the direct contact of Mr.G, Dave etc. Ok you wont get the free supps but big deal.

After doing the first challenge I can tell you that there are no "secrets" everything we did was publicly knowledge, the only advantage we got was the MHP supps and access to Mr.G and Dave for motivation if we needed it, hell I never even felt the need to contact Mr.G as just being in the challenge was motivation enough to keep me going through the hard times, even when my son spent 5 days in the hospital I managed to keep going, I cheated once due to having no food around at the time, I missed a couple of workouts but never let up on the cardio. Once Mr.G and Dave had pointed me in the right direction I didn't really need them to hold my hand.

Instead of complaining take that negative energy and channel it into your goals, use the information you pick up here and go full steam ahead, you either give up because you were not picked or you follow Mr.G's advice and NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE UP!

Good luck to all those chosen, and Good luck to those whose missed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    thankyou for your stories we need everyone to your pics up before we can consider your body mind and soul makeover.
    EVRYONE HAS A ROCKY INSIDE
    from mr g himself.........
    I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Lee Priest Lover brings up another valid point...

the "deadline" obviously kept several others from throwing their hat in the ring, since Dec. 1 had come and gone, further adding to the fray...

[quote=davidbb;425997]Whooaaa, Why not just chill out. Mr.G is a stand up guy and I am sure he chose those who he felt were best for this challenge.

Mr. G is not a stand up guy, he has proven this by his actions. He broke the rules of his own challenge (or atleast is involved in) by picking 2 contestants AFTER the Dec 1 deadline, and one of them did not even post pictures.

This is BULL SHIT! The 2 contestants picked after the deadline should be removed and 2 new ones selected (ones who submitted prior to the deadline). If this was done, people whould be disappointed they didn't get picked, but would not be complaining about the selection process.

Since this seems to be such a polarizing topic, the very least Mr. G could do is to come on here and say what exactly compelled him to choose certain people, and what made them the clear choices. Perhaps it would put our conspiracy cries to rest.

While I do not know him personally, from what I've witnessed on MDTV, I gather that Mr. G is a man of passion, of energry, and of fervor. I would think that he might have selected people brimming with enthusiasm, overflowing with passion about this contest. One of the winners "selected" had 6 sentences in his entry. I'm sorry, but it's pretty hard to be compelling in 6 sentences or less.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by icewater21 View Post
    This is coming from a guy who applied yesterday, lol.

While I dont agree with the others in bashing anyone who entered this challenge, winner or loser, captain cardio you clearly didnt want it that bad since you applied so late. That's my point is all.

To have applied back in November and check this post 10 times a day to see if there's a winner, only to have 2 people who waltzed in , didnt submit pics, and got a spot, is very disappointing and feels like a slap in the face.

But you're right, use this as further motivation (it sure made for one hell of a chest workout for me today.) Everyone who is mad should progress like crazy then go do ads for Gaspari or ON, or the Satan Himself (Muscletech), LOL.

The only one standing in the way of your goals is yourself.
    ok i applied late...honostly it was a what the hell move i knew nothing of a dead line nothing that was my ignorance...my thought was hey u never know so i posted...am i upset well no it was just a shot in the dark...it would have been sweet but oh well....ok there are some grey areas here...sure people have ligit gripes...but i dont think that ne amount of complaining is go to help your cause...this is completely ran by mr g MD palumbo dente ...so they're decision is final i assume...maybe it would indeed be nice if Mr.G could respond but honostly idont think he has ne obligation to, not every one can win...and as far as going else where thats a good idea but i doubt they will give a "no body" ne free help or supplements or even the advice of great past bodybuilders...if u wanna throw it in their face post a pic of u after 16 weeks show them u didnt need their help, thats prob the most sastisfaction your gonna get out of this...
    www.myspace.com/bucksweep85
    "Insane is what the lazy call the commited!"

Hey guys. Sorry for not posting my pics. Here they are! I'm looking forward to changing my body.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by icewater21 View Post
    Since this seems to be such a polarizing topic, the very least Mr. G could do is to come on here and say what exactly compelled him to choose certain people, and what made them the clear choices. Perhaps it would put our conspiracy cries to rest.

While I do not know him personally, from what I've witnessed on MDTV, I gather that Mr. G is a man of passion, of energry, and of fervor. I would think that he might have selected people brimming with enthusiasm, overflowing with passion about this contest. One of the winners "selected" had 6 sentences in his entry. I'm sorry, but it's pretty hard to be compelling in 6 sentences or less.

Just my opinion.
    I KNOW!

he SAYS he dedicates so much of his time to these things but whenever you ask him a question here online........he does not answer........i would like to hear from him toooooo!!!

i KNOW there are alot of posters that know him personally & have probably given him a heads up on this issue, so he KNOWS what is up......
    I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Default Name change from Dom O to Dominick 65

I just wanted everyone to know that i will be posting under this name

As for the transfromation....its going great. The diet isnt that bad yet. I will post updated pics in a 2 or 3 days

Default DONT DIE WITH THE MUSIC STILL INSIDE YOU

WE NEED EVERYONES EMAILS AND ADRESSES SENYT TO DAVE OR MRG
    AND PICS MAKE SURE THEY ARE CLEAR.E MAIL MR G YOUR TELEPHONE #S SO I CAN CALL YOU FOR MOTIVATION EACH WEEK.
    DAVE HUGE285@AOL.COM/MR.G BODYBYMRG@HOTMAIL.COM

YOUR FIRST TIP IS TO BANISH THE DOUBT THAT YOU WILL GET IN THE BEST SHAPE OF YOUR LIFE THEN REALEASE IT AND KNOW THAT HE WILL HAPPEN /TAKE ANY NEGATIVE THOUGHT AND THROW IT AWAY THINK ONLY POSITIVE "YOU ARE FAT BURNING MUSCLE BUILDING MACHINES"
    SAY THIS TO YOURSELF 10 TIMES A DAY.
    NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!
    bodybymrg@hotmail.com
    516-557-4192

For those who don't know him - Dom65 is a great kid and I wish him all the best with this challenge. He works in the local Vitamin Shoppe near my house. All through my competition prep whenever I stopped in the store he was cheering me on - so now its my turn. Whatever you need - I am here.

Trish

If I don't get the addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.........you're out of the challenge. We need to start on MONDAY!

If one of the contestants is out of the challenge for some reason, I would love to have a chance to replace that individual. Please consider me if you are short a contestant or two.

Yeah! If someone does not submitt thier email, address and phone # and gets removed, please consider me as thier replacement.

Default Dave Palumbo Having to track you down to help you is NOT Hardcore...

As I stated in post 84:
    "Typing up a story and taking some pictures is easy. If you cant submit a story by a certain date, how can you be relied upon to eat 10 lbs of food a day or do hours of cardio, or stick to a diet?
    If you ask me, this is already starting off on the wrong foot and if people like Dave and Victor are willing to dedicate their time, their insight, and their effort, the least you can do is reply in kind."

Dave is sitting here, basically saying "help me help you..." It is silly that Dave has to basically pull teeth to offer his help, his support, and to give you free supplements for 4 months. Sad. Hope you're gonna follow this program, cuz there's seems to be a lot hungrier wolves out there...

Hey Mr. G, you still got some SERIOUS/DEDICATED/HUNGRY people who are chompin at the bit to get in this competition. If these people fall thru, I'm still down.

You want somebody who's not giving up, here I stand...

Quote Originally Posted by huge285 View Post
    If I don't get the addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.........you're out of the challenge. We need to start on MONDAY!

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast