Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 126

Thread: FIBER TYPE TRAINING EXPLAINED

  1. #86
    Iron Addict buster12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,379
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Sorry for being distant lately but theres not much more I can add to the thousands of posts I've made. By now most know I'm not a follower but a leader and have found that just doing something because everyone else is doing it is definitely not the right path to take. I dont get into gym science and have enough knowledge of the human body and its functiopns to understand how to manipulate my training and diet to accomadate its functions. This alone will take you light years ahead of your competition since most are like cattle and just follow the herd. Only now is the insulin spiking thing being looked at as a definite NO NO if cosmetics are what your concern is. Over a year ago I was laughed at and ridiculed for explaining why this is so wrong and now today almost every company has their own version of GDA's. In fact to this day most dont even know insulin is the deciding factor whether fats can be used as a fuel irrelevant to how many carbs were consumed. Most still think that fats are only used when carbs are mostly depleted. This would only be true if you were standed on an island. In fact most think doing cardio after training or upon rising is for this very reason yet the blood sugar is never depleted for more than minutes at a clip since the liver will continue to replenish blood sugar.

    I could probably sum up the entire process in less than 3 sentences yet to this day I get e mails from people that dont have the slightest idea how it all works yet tell me how wrong I am only because they READ something somewhere that turns out to only be the "current fad"

    Needless to say my mind is depleted from the desire to help anyone anymore. Besides there isnt much more I could add and would only be repeating myself.
    dont worry about the others tipsta. just do your thing. You are wise beyond your years. On another note, ive been seeing great improvements with this training(back and quads mostly). People have been asking me what im doin different and I tell them to come on here and read tipsta's thread. Tipsta, do you recommend stretching the muscle after every set or after each excercis??
    "Biggest Penis I've Ever Seen", Says My Blind Girfreind.

  2. #87
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman69 View Post
    Ok question Tipsta. What movements do you feel are safe to explode on yourself?

    The reason I ask is because I have "exploded" with squats but....400 + pounds on my back doing that just leaves my back a little more sore. And then when I'm barbell benching and explode up I feel like a "swaying" motion in the middle of my chest. So I've been taking it a bit slower.

    I guess explode, but not to violently correct?
    If you ever watched Ronnies videos you will see exactly how to squat or bench.

    Now you say you use 400 plus pounds but how many reps. Not just reps but continuous reps. Like a piston that never stops. Legs are a muscle that needs to rep continuously to 12 and fail then rest pause to 15 at a MINIMUM.....

    Legs are made up of a fast twitch fiber that has a greater ability for endurance which means in order to activat the majority of fibers you must duplicate its actions.

    Legs and back are mainly Fast Twitch Type IIa. Chest shoulders and tris are mainly Type IIb


    Fast Twitch (Type II)
    Because fast twitch fibers use anaerobic metabolism to create fuel, they are much better at generating short bursts of strength or speed than slow muscles. However, they fatigue more quickly. Fast twitch fibers generally produce the same amount of force per contraction as slow muscles, but they get their name because they are able to fire more rapidly. Having more fast twitch fibers can be an asset to a sprinter since she needs to quickly generate a lot of force.

    Type IIa Fibers
    These fast twitch muscle fibers are also known as intermediate fast-twitch fibers. They can use both aerobic and anaerobic metabolism almost equally to create energy. In this way, they are a combination of Type I and Type II muscle fibers.

    Type IIb Fibers
    These fast twitch fibers use anaerobic metabolism to create energy and are the "classic" fast twitch muscle fibers that excel at producing quick, powerful bursts of speed. This muscle fiber has the highest rate of contraction (rapid firing) of all the muscle fiber types, but it also has a much faster rate of fatigue and can't last as long before it needs rest.

    For those old enough to remember Alis Rope a dope where he stood in the corner and covered up while his competitor unloaded on him only to hack quite quickly where he would then dominate by taking advantage of failing "FAST TWTCH TYPE IIb" muscle fibers. He had no idea of the science but found out through experimentation that these guys cant go very long........
    Last edited by Tipsta; January 24th, 2009 at 11:57 AM.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  3. #88
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buster12 View Post
    dont worry about the others tipsta. just do your thing. You are wise beyond your years. On another note, ive been seeing great improvements with this training(back and quads mostly). People have been asking me what im doin different and I tell them to come on here and read tipsta's thread. Tipsta, do you recommend stretching the muscle after every set or after each excercis??

    OMG YES!!!!!! In the late 80's early 90's a family member wrote for Parrillo Performance as the "muscular medicine man" and after being introduced to his fascia stretching techniques I realized that this was a determining factor in muscle growth with as equal importance to the lift itself.

    Each set I do has 3 parts. The lift itself which actually shortens the muscle and trains the fast twitch fibers that are most responsible for growth. Then I do reps of isometric contractions over and over to train the slow twitch fibers that are in every muscle as well but dont get trained under a continuous set as they activate under a constant load.

    From this point I do my elongation work which most just see as stretching but its actually lengthening the muscle giving you a much more delicate, pretty, flowing shape as well as lengthen the fascia which allows for greater muscle mass.

    However, INTENSE stretching will actually hinder strength gains but increase muscle size as hard as that is to understand but the muscle isnt truly lifting the weight as tendon strength is more the determining factor.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  4. #89
    Iron Addict buster12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,379
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    thanx tip. this is a great thread!
    "Biggest Penis I've Ever Seen", Says My Blind Girfreind.

  5. #90
    Iron Addict buster12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,379
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Yo Tip, what about forearm muscles?
    "Biggest Penis I've Ever Seen", Says My Blind Girfreind.

  6. #91
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buster12 View Post
    Yo Tip, what about forearm muscles?
    I like behind the back wrist curls starting with the bar reasting on my glute ham tie in and I do them very explosively trying to lay the bar on top of my glutes. The bar actually spins in my hands from the explosive curl. Fail at 12 rest pause to 15. Then I do 15 with no weight with the same form. Then I do 15 COMPLETE circular turns to the right and 15 to the left with hands pointing to the ground.

    I then do reps of peak contractive work and follow up with putting both hands together and pointing my elbows to the right and left while the heels of my hand are always touching to do my elongation sets.

    I do Back, Bi, Forearm and in this order so at this point they are 90% trained already and 3 of these sets is all thats needed.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  7. #92

    Default

    Tipsta.

    First of all thanx for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us in the iron community
    With that being said I have a question for you.

    What are your recommendations for resting time between sets?
    And in regard to the rest pausing is this done on every set preformed?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by switchfoot; January 27th, 2009 at 03:22 AM.

  8. #93
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by switchfoot View Post
    Tipsta.

    First of all thanx for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us in the iron community
    With that being said I have a question for you.

    What are your recommendations for resting time between sets?
    And in regard to the rest pausing is this done on every set preformed?

    Thanks.
    As little as possible as most know I advocate a balls to the walls approach. A bout with the weights should be considered HIIT if done right.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  9. #94

    Default

    Thanks Tip.
    Really an awesome thread.

    Keep dishing out

  10. #95
    Beach Body LotusMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kingston, Ontario
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Mr.Tipsta, I want to thank you for this awesome thread! Don't let the jealous a******* get you down sir! You truly are a King among BB'ers!

  11. #96

    Default

    Wow tip! Great info man, hope this will bring up my lagging bi's. So full range, keep contracted, control the negative and a proper stretch between?

  12. #97
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afplyr05 View Post
    Wow tip! Great info man, hope this will bring up my lagging bi's. So full range, keep contracted, control the negative and a proper stretch between?
    You got it! However every set of every muscle must be like a piston that NEVER stops its motion. This is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing I could ever teach. With slow twitch fibers, whats most important is how long the muscle is being put through contractions. DURATION OF STRESS. 5 reps take 10 seconds where 15 supersetted with 15 will put over a minute and close to two minutes of constant stress on the muscle. With fast twitch fibers its the DURATION OF EXPLOSIVE CONTRACTIONS from the very bottom up. 1/4 to 1/2 rep is all the weight will travel under an explosive burst. After that you are just pushing with the remaining slow twitch fibers. Those fibers get trained AFTER your set with isometric contractions for a minute or so followed by elongating the musce back to its normal state because keep in mind each contraction is a SHORTENING of the muscle. This is why negatives are so good for slow twitch fibers but ALMOST useless for the fast twitch fibers. Make sense?
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  13. #98

    Default

    Just saw the thread and im feeling lazy don't want to read through the whole thing just 2 quick questions...

    As a general rule

    For muscle growth on chest, shoulders, tris...8-10 reps

    For muscle growth on legs, back, bis...12-15 reps

    Is this correct?

  14. #99
    Dedicated Noob Trumetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lawrence KS, Kansas University
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menna View Post
    Just saw the thread and im feeling lazy don't want to read through the whole thing just 2 quick questions...

    As a general rule

    For muscle growth on chest, shoulders, tris...8-10 reps

    For muscle growth on legs, back, bis...12-15 reps

    Is this correct?
    No!!!! Everyone has a different ratio of fast and slow twitch muscle fibers. So you need to figure out what works for you and go from there.

  15. #100
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trumetal View Post
    No!!!! Everyone has a different ratio of fast and slow twitch muscle fibers. So you need to figure out what works for you and go from there.
    This may be true but the ratio difference doesnt change the dominant fibers that are in each muscle to perform certain duties.

    Chest shoulders and tris on every human are dominant in fast twitch fibers and are designed to explode very quickly and powerfully as in a punch where biceps are dominant in slow twitch fibers and are designed to stay in one contracted state for long periods as in carrying a bag hom from the store and legs are designed to take you that distance with great endurance but can xplode quite quickly as well which explains their type of fiber.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  16. #101
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menna View Post
    Just saw the thread and im feeling lazy don't want to read through the whole thing just 2 quick questions...

    As a general rule

    For muscle growth on chest, shoulders, tris...8-10 reps

    For muscle growth on legs, back, bis...12-15 reps

    Is this correct?

    Looks like you need to get off your lazy ass because rep range has absolutely NOTHING to do with activating a muscle as the type of lift does....

    Fast twitch = Duration of initial contraction
    Slow twitch = Duration of constant stress
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  17. #102

    Default

    Here check this link out and it will explain it in detail for everyone.
    http://drsquat.com/content/knowledge...training-split

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •