Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FIBER TYPE TRAINING EXPLAINED

Hi Tipsta,
    Thanks for your reply. i suppose you maintain the same system with rest-pause, isometric contractions and elongating the muscle. I like this system.

I like your routine for calves. I am using this way and another day where I lift higher weights and lower repts.

Regards.

Dedicated Noob

Tipsta I really like your take on your training approach seems to be scientific and i agree 100% that you should train a muscle to duplicate its actions and by hitting it at all angles is the key! i was wandering what your take is on lyle mcdonalds approach of training 4 times a week and having two upper body days and two lower body days? Thanks again for your input as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Trock513 View Post
    Tipsta I really like your take on your training approach seems to be scientific and i agree 100% that you should train a muscle to duplicate its actions and by hitting it at all angles is the key! i was wandering what your take is on lyle mcdonalds approach of training 4 times a week and having two upper body days and two lower body days? Thanks again for your input as always!
    I dont know any successful competitive bodybuilders that have ever benefitted from such a routine but I'm sure it has an application somewhere...Just not for competitive bodybuilding...IMO...That being said.....Try it...Then let us know...Growth is based on rest time not training time..6 hours a week is more than enough to compete at a National level...
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Hi,thanks for sharing the information regarding to fiber type training.Really a useful and informative post is posted here.

Enneagram meaning

Hi, I was training like this last 3 weeks (the explosive and slow reps for diff muscles). Today I viewed this thread. Few months ago I get a list of slow twitch percentage from some thread on another board. Are you sure, that deltoids are made mostly of white fibers? On that list the percentage of slow twitch was about 85%. Since I ever trained, I always do many reps, slowly for shoulders. Even if the weight was too heavy, a muscle failure occured after min 10 - 15 reps. They got high endurance. That feels natural. Also my shoulders are a bit overdeveloped to other upper body muscles. And also the back, on that list only latissimus dorsi was typed, and it has ~75% red fibers. Obviously the back is not made of lats only, but when I started doing explosive movements for the back the weight felt way heavier than doing it slowly, while I can put more weight on triceps doing faster reps. Also I had greatest pump in the back, when I did slow reps. Explosive movements for quads, chest, triceps I agree, but I doubt back and highly doubt shoulders. Sorry for my english, I'm not native english speaker, hope you understand me.

Nobody

I really like this type of philosophy for working out! I think it will possibly be something that I will keep in mind. Im actually doing the Y3t program that was made by Neil Hill I like because you pretty much hit every muscle fiber to be honest. I think that is something that could be looked at because I think it could be smart to hit every muscle fiber to get the best out of that area.

Great topic. Thanks

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678