Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
Results 154 to 170 of 1226

Thread: Any beginners need help, just ask

  1. #154

    Default

    Come May, I will be doing the oh-so-famous ketogenic diet.

    I have never gone on a full cut before, and this will basically be contest prep, with no show following.

    I am 18 years old, 17% bf right now, 230, and 6'2".

    Only reason I am doing this cut is because I want a good place to start, and I want to know EXACTLY what needs specific work.

    Obviously everything will need work but the idea behind this is to lean out and also to get a feel on how the ketogenic diet works for me.

    Would 18 weeks be a legitimate amount of time to drop about 10% bodyfat?

  2. #155
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyderz View Post
    Come May, I will be doing the oh-so-famous ketogenic diet.

    I have never gone on a full cut before, and this will basically be contest prep, with no show following.

    I am 18 years old, 17% bf right now, 230, and 6'2".

    Only reason I am doing this cut is because I want a good place to start, and I want to know EXACTLY what needs specific work.

    Obviously everything will need work but the idea behind this is to lean out and also to get a feel on how the ketogenic diet works for me.

    Would 18 weeks be a legitimate amount of time to drop about 10% bodyfat?
    Im not a big fan of that diet. Its surely not for me. I really dont k now how much you can drop, but i do know that eighteen weeks is a pretty long as time. I know that I sure can drop ten percent in that time with my diet. I just dont know how good its going to work for you etc. there are so many factors. but dropping ten percent is attainable bro, not unrealistic.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  3. #156
    Dedicated Noob
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Hey Alex
    In terms of cardio what do you find most effective longer moderate intensity or shorter high intensity sessions? By shorter I mean 20 minutes.

  4. #157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex A View Post
    Im not a big fan of that diet. Its surely not for me. I really dont k now how much you can drop, but i do know that eighteen weeks is a pretty long as time. I know that I sure can drop ten percent in that time with my diet. I just dont know how good its going to work for you etc. there are so many factors. but dropping ten percent is attainable bro, not unrealistic.
    Alright cool.

    I have not read through the thread very much, but I will do so now, and try to learn some more about you personally, and your diet.

    Thanks.

  5. #158
    Atlas Youngguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Trueprotein.com Discount Code: KEM010
    Posts
    11,263

    Default

    Hey Alex!

    Do you take BCAAS while cutting? If so when?

    Thanks man!
    Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

  6. #159
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drwost View Post
    Hey Alex
    In terms of cardio what do you find most effective longer moderate intensity or shorter high intensity sessions? By shorter I mean 20 minutes.

    Hey Walter, Moderate cardio for a longer duration is probably best for burning fat and sparing muscle. but also mixing up your cardio with intervals and higher intensity sessions for a shorter amount of time would be good too. Mix it up brother.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  7. #160
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Youngguns View Post
    Hey Alex!

    Do you take BCAAS while cutting? If so when?

    Thanks man!

    Im giving away all my secrets bro! no problem. i really dont take bcaas untill i get super lean, like the last couple weeks before a show and i do so before bed time and before cardio.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  8. #161
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Alex,

    Whats you stance on sodium? I retain water easily and I'm thinking of doing away w/ any added sodium to my diet. I usualy give each meal a nice shake from the salt shaker, and I use hot sauce on everything (more sodium).

    Do you limit you salt consumption?
    my body loves sodium, i add plenty of soy sauce, mustard etc all the way to the show, from off season during my prep etc. It just doent effect me negatively unless i cut it.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  9. #162
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    138
    Gender
    Male

    Default question

    how much protein per pound and do you count the protein in carbs

  10. #163
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tornquad2 View Post
    how much protein per pound and do you count the protein in carbs
    i advise about 1.5grams per pound of bodyweight. I really dont count the protein from carb sources. But thats just me, im not that technical as far as documentation until contest prep time
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  11. #164
    Atlas Youngguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Trueprotein.com Discount Code: KEM010
    Posts
    11,263

    Default

    ^^ While dieting and off season?
    Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

  12. #165
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Youngguns View Post
    ^^ While dieting and off season?
    pretty much bro,when prepping for a show, i increase my protein a bit closer to 2 grams.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  13. #166
    Atlas Youngguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Trueprotein.com Discount Code: KEM010
    Posts
    11,263

    Default

    Layne was telling me (Id say I have around 175ish lbm) that I should be takingin 250p, 200c(300refeed), 50f, what do you think of that? I thought the protein was a little low, but you're just trying to sustain muscle not build it.
    Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

  14. #167

    Default

    Hi Alex.

    Thank you so much for all your effort kindness and consideration with this thread. You are amazing and all your work is greatly appreciated. I wish you the best of success.

    I was wondering where I can find information about building a meal plan for ectomorphs...that works.

    thanks.

  15. #168
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Youngguns View Post
    Layne was telling me (Id say I have around 175ish lbm) that I should be takingin 250p, 200c(300refeed), 50f, what do you think of that? I thought the protein was a little low, but you're just trying to sustain muscle not build it.
    I dont want to go against someone else advise or effort but to me the protein seems a tad low. If your trying to build muscle, put on weight and size i would increase the protein.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  16. #169
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
    Hi Alex.

    Thank you so much for all your effort kindness and consideration with this thread. You are amazing and all your work is greatly appreciated. I wish you the best of success.

    I was wondering where I can find information about building a meal plan for ectomorphs...that works.

    thanks.
    Thanks allot, i appreciate you taking the time to read and follow the thread and take an interest. You can email me at prepbyalex@aol.com or anyone can for that matter, and we can talk about a plan or im sure i can guide you in the right direction.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  17. #170
    Spotter grumpwurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mustang, OK
    Posts
    211

    Default

    After chickening out in my mid-20's (11 years ago), I finally have decided it's time to take the plunge and attempt my first show. After life kept me out of the gym for 7 years, I went back seriously and giving this an honest go.

    The cut-diet scared me before and now I'm 4 weeks in:
    Meal 1: 50g Oatmeal w/Splenda
    Meal 2: Myoplex
    Meal 3: Fish, Chicken, or Turkey + 50g Oatmeal, Brown Rice or 1 c Sweet Potato (not a big lover of rice or sweet potato)
    Pre-workout: Whey Protein
    Meal 4 (PWO): Myoplex
    Meal 5: Fish, Chicken, or Turkey + 50g Oatmeal, Brown Rice or 1 c Sweet Potato
    Meal 6: Fish, Chicken, or Turkey + 50g Oatmeal, Brown Rice or 1 c Sweet Potato

    Supplements:
    Apex BCAA (6 tablets)
    Amino Acids (GNC Amino 1000) (6 tablets)
    AnimalPak (Taken before workout)
    Flax Seed oil (2 capsules)
    Apex L-Glutamine powder (2 scoops)
    Apex Fatburner 2 (6 tablets)
    ZMA (2 tablets)

    I hired a personal trainer who competes last summer and after a few months he suggested I drop him and come back as a workout partner. The diet came from him and is the one he does.

    I'm 5'3" and currently weighing 147.5. I started at 165 lbs last summer. I didn't get serious about the weight training until Oct 2007.

    I guess the best feeling was being told I was running a risk of dying of a heart attack back in 2006 and was wearing 34" pants and now I'm down to 28". I could go smaller, but cannot find them.

    I'm just nervous as heck about my upcoming show in May.

Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •