Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Any beginners need help, just ask

It wont be long till we can see Flexingtonsteele up there "guest posing" clapping and hamming it up.

Naahh man Because im in his corner and he knows better...plus im going to be at the show to yell at him.." Smile you son of a bitch".

I go to 12 shows a year here in Calif. thats on average one per month. And I tell you, I have seen allot of bodybuilding routines.

And the hand clapping, guest posing, lip sinking b.s is hillarious. I mean its embarrassing for me to watch. I sometimes think to myself....."what the hell am i doing here?" im into this sport..this is sad.

What you want to do, is hit some hard shots, and smile occasionally. Not the "perma smile" but occasionally smile to look like your having fun.

My first two shows, i did not smile but once. and that was when they were handing me my first place trophies. I kicked ass but didnt smile on stage and i dont have a picture were i look like im having fun. Its very common to have this happen.

For me it was very hard to learn to smile. I have an extensive martial arts background and competed in karate tournaments from the time i was 12 till i was 22. I have twice as many karate trophies than bodybuilding. I became a sensei at a very young age and competed often.

And in Martial arts competition you dont smile.. but bodybuilding is way different.

You seem to have things going good with your wife in your corner to help you. Just tone down your routine to one minute and your poses are very good. So just shorten it up as we talked about.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Alex,

I have already cut my music down to 60 seconds. Now, I need to get my cardio in. Then throw that sucker on the stereo and see what I can do with it.

It's always good to hear from successful people that they experienced similar problems/issues/challenges that you are experiencing.

My wife is trying to think of how to yell at me from the audience without accidentally causing me to get flustered.

I cannot think of how I'd have gotten this far without her in my corner.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpwurst View Post
    Well looking gay is the thing I'm most afraid of having happen. So, lets see if I can avoid that at all cost.
    good bro, looking gay aint cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex A View Post
    It wont be long till we can see Flexingtonsteele up there "guest posing" clapping and hamming it up.

Naahh man Because im in his corner and he knows better...plus im going to be at the show to yell at him.." Smile you son of a bitch".

I go to 12 shows a year here in Calif. thats on average one per month. And I tell you, I have seen allot of bodybuilding routines.

And the hand clapping, guest posing, lip sinking b.s is hillarious. I mean its embarrassing for me to watch. I sometimes think to myself....."what the hell am i doing here?" im into this sport..this is sad.

What you want to do, is hit some hard shots, and smile occasionally. Not the "perma smile" but occasionally smile to look like your having fun.

My first two shows, i did not smile but once. and that was when they were handing me my first place trophies. I kicked ass but didnt smile on stage and i dont have a picture were i look like im having fun. Its very common to have this happen.

For me it was very hard to learn to smile. I have an extensive martial arts background and competed in karate tournaments from the time i was 12 till i was 22. I have twice as many karate trophies than bodybuilding. I became a sensei at a very young age and competed often.

And in Martial arts competition you dont smile.. but bodybuilding is way different.

You seem to have things going good with your wife in your corner to help you. Just tone down your routine to one minute and your poses are very good. So just shorten it up as we talked about.
    Dude I know, ill be doing that gay as clapping on stage and asking the crowd to "pump it up" in no time.

Hopefully ill be as balsy as grumpwurst and post that shit online. ( but most likely I wont be )

Quote Originally Posted by grumpwurst View Post
    Alex,

I have already cut my music down to 60 seconds. Now, I need to get my cardio in. Then throw that sucker on the stereo and see what I can do with it.

It's always good to hear from successful people that they experienced similar problems/issues/challenges that you are experiencing.

My wife is trying to think of how to yell at me from the audience without accidentally causing me to get flustered.

I cannot think of how I'd have gotten this far without her in my corner.
    Your first show is a memorable one and I can tell you have put allot of work into this. i have been there man. i still remember my first show. And to finish it off with a win will be the icing on the much deserved cake.

Like you bro, Im lucky to have the much needed support of my wife. She has been with me through all my preps.

One of the reasons I have gotten my prep down so good and became so efficient is because my daughter was born.

I did not want her to suffer along with me
    Its tough on the family even when you know what your doing and your prep goes awesome.

But having to struggle to lose allot of weight, not knowing what your doing etc. is really really rough on the spouse. And I see it all the time.

Everyone i work with, I try to remind them to be sensitive to their spouse. And as soon as the show is over to spend quality time with their family doing things you missed out on.

Your wife is probably gung ho in your corner etc for your first show. That is great, some dont have that. But for me, im going on number 15 this year.

I pretty much dont ask for much help, she offers her help. Im just happy to have her take good pictures and have her excited that im still competing. Anyways, glad your wife is behind you.

Imagine how shitty it would be if she wasnt? Finish strong man, you have been very methodical with your prep. After the show, thank your wife!
    www.prepbyalex.com

Your first show is a memorable one and I can tell you have put allot of work into this. i have been there man. i still remember my first show. And to finish it off with a win will be the icing on the much deserved cake.

Like you bro, Im lucky to have the much needed support of my wife. She has been with me through all my preps.

One of the reasons I have gotten my prep down so good and became so efficient is because my daughter was born.

I did not want her to suffer along with me
    Its tough on the family even when you know what your doing and your prep goes awesome.

But having to struggle to lose allot of weight, not knowing what your doing etc. is really really rough on the spouse. And I see it all the time.

Everyone i work with, I try to remind them to be sensitive to their spouse. And as soon as the show is over to spend quality time with their family doing things you missed out on.

Your wife is probably gung ho in your corner etc for your first show. That is great, some dont have that. But for me, im going on number 15 this year.

I pretty much dont ask for much help, she offers her help. Im just happy to have her take good pictures and have her excited that im still competing. Anyways, glad your wife is behind you.

Imagine how shitty it would be if she wasnt? Finish strong man, you have been very methodical with your prep. After the show, thank your wife!
    Very good advice bro, im so glad that my girlfriend is helping me out, i dont know what i would do without her, she makes 90% of my meals and is super supportive.......

All of us who have good women should be glad. Plus they put up with us being online so damn much lol. be nice to them, they deserve it.

After the show, thank your wife!
    Trust me, it's top of the list of things to do!!!! Right after that is the getting to eat something off-diet

Hey Alex,thanks in advance that you dont mind helping guys like me.

I just started out working out about 3 months ago,but i'm only like

77 kilos (169/170 lbs) on 180/181 cm ( 5'10,9 - 5'11,3) , have been gaining 8 kilos since i started (17,6 lbs) .

Still feeling really small and i'm free 4 months so i would like to bulk,i met Markus Ruhl's wife once,she said that i should eat alot of protein from red meat,but didnt say anything about carbohydrates as she was in a hurry.

I got recommended around 200g protein and 500g carbo's,so i've started eating 1 kilo (2,2 lbs) of chicken breast every day,but i cant hold my carbohydrates up by eating rice,pasta & stuff,so do you got any tip or something?

Hmmmmm. I think the hams will be a little striated and the glutes (although not nearly anything close to Alex's) will be in.

No i dont, and his hams wont be much more detailed. you know why?

I have discussed this with him too. He doesnt have much muscle in his hams and glutes.

I mean, my hams/glutes are not huge but very dense, there is muscle to striate, my ass gets really hard, its small but dense.

THis is an off season issue and we are going to work on that this off season. Chris is keeping me around this off season, as im going to keep working on his diet.

More than likely upping his calories and adjusting his training to gain some size, Then the next time his glutes/hams will come in more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gore1 View Post
    Hey Alex,thanks in advance that you dont mind helping guys like me.

I just started out working out about 3 months ago,but i'm only like

77 kilos (169/170 lbs) on 180/181 cm ( 5'10,9 - 5'11,3) , have been gaining 8 kilos since i started (17,6 lbs) .

Still feeling really small and i'm free 4 months so i would like to bulk,i met Markus Ruhl's wife once,she said that i should eat alot of protein from red meat,but didnt say anything about carbohydrates as she was in a hurry.

I got recommended around 200g protein and 500g carbo's,so i've started eating 1 kilo (2,2 lbs) of chicken breast every day,but i cant hold my carbohydrates up by eating rice,pasta & stuff,so do you got any tip or something?
    that seems like allot of carbs man. I mean, i would up the protein a bit and keep the carbs closer to 400g
    www.prepbyalex.com

Nobody

Question Dude needs help!

Ok so I'm 5' 6" right now. 200 lbs. I started weight lifting about a year ago. I went from 296 lbs. to 186. Then went up from there. I never took diet pills or anything. Just worked hard. I love working out now and I am thinking of bodybuilding. My routine right is (M- Chest, Triceps, W- Legs, F- Arms, S- Back, shoulders.) I am big and muscular but because of all the weight I lost i definetaley still have a huge stomach. I say huge but it just needs work. I am very frustrated because thats the only thing holding me back. I do v-sits, planks, swiss ball crunches on days off. I also run on my days off. I am consuming about 500 gm. of protein a day. Very little carbs, lots of cals. only the right kinds of fats. I don't understand whats wrong. Anyone care to give me some experienced advice. Please thanks!

-Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicity_26 View Post
    Ok so I'm 5' 6" right now. 200 lbs. I started weight lifting about a year ago. I went from 296 lbs. to 186. Then went up from there. I never took diet pills or anything. Just worked hard. I love working out now and I am thinking of bodybuilding. My routine right is (M- Chest, Triceps, W- Legs, F- Arms, S- Back, shoulders.) I am big and muscular but because of all the weight I lost i definetaley still have a huge stomach. I say huge but it just needs work. I am very frustrated because thats the only thing holding me back. I do v-sits, planks, swiss ball crunches on days off. I also run on my days off. I am consuming about 500 gm. of protein a day. Very little carbs, lots of cals. only the right kinds of fats. I don't understand whats wrong. Anyone care to give me some experienced advice. Please thanks!

-Peace
    Well, you need to do cardio more than just on your days off. And im afraid that your diet might not be as tight as you think. I would get on a good plan and stick to it.

I would bump the cardio up too. I mean, if you have allot of muscle then you can spare a tad bit to get a much better look by being leaner.
    www.prepbyalex.com

Nobody

Ok, I need to do more cardio. I will do cardio 5 times a week. Saturdays and Sundays tend to be for work and church. Any advice on my diet. I mean, i'm a teen so I really don't know if diets are for me>?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicity_26 View Post
    Ok, I need to do more cardio. I will do cardio 5 times a week. Saturdays and Sundays tend to be for work and church. Any advice on my diet. I mean, i'm a teen so I really don't know if diets are for me>?!?!
    I first of all would like to congratulate you for your efforts at your age. I dont know your situation at home. I mean,first of all I would buy a food scale, they are pretty cheap, also a good rice cooker.

And hopefully you have a bbq to cook your meats. If you have that. You can plan and weigh and prepare your meals. It is really hard if you dont have a scale or a good cooker. If you have that, let me know, i can guide you in the right direction.
    www.prepbyalex.com

Nobody

Holy crap, I have a rice cooker. I have a bbq grill. I just need a scale. I'm totally up for buying one if its cheap ya.

Nobody

I am totally free to make food. I make room to eat many small portioned meals a day. I have two protein shakes as MRP's and Three if I work out that day. Totally willing to do anything to become great!

also a good rice cooker.
    My wife picked up this awesome rice cooker/steamer. Greatest investment yet. That sucker gets a solid workout. Plus, it's one device so less counterspace is taken up

Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast