Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,055 to 1,071 of 1228

Thread: Any beginners need help, just ask

Hey Alex,

I will be competing in a week and wanted to know your opinion on creatine on peak weak? Do you stop everything from NO to creatine the last week?

Default shoulders and back too small

hey i need a little help trying to get more width in my back and boulder shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by Filipino Warrior View Post
    Hey Alex,

I will be competing in a week and wanted to know your opinion on creatine on peak weak? Do you stop everything from NO to creatine the last week?
    Stop it.. you will hold water!
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Quote Originally Posted by jordonbents View Post
    hey i need a little help trying to get more width in my back and boulder shoulders
    Row like crazy with good form and heavy weights.

Chins are great for lat width but i hate doing them personally. if your like me.. do pull downs narrow and wide grip..

Then do various rows with short and wide grip...

For the shoulders... read my mag article!

I go over all the details..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Nobody

Default Help please

Im 6' tall and weigh 150 lbs and would like to gain about 30 lbs to get back to my normal weight and i cant seem to be able to. I was diagnosed with cancer in Jan 08 and after surgery and treatment i went from 180 lbs down to 137 lbs gained about 10 lbs back and then the cancer came back in Jan 09 and i lost about 5 lbs. I am now at 147-153 lbs and cant seem to gain any more weight. I eat all the time and the muscle would help because im a contractor and im weak compared to what i was. I was wondering if you have any sugestions on what i can use to help gain about 30 lbs of muscle.
    Thanks for your help: Pat

Default Newbie Question

Alex, fairly new to the sport of BB. I'm 38 yoa 6' tall weigh 234lbs @ 17% BF. I have recently lost 43 lbs starting at 38% BF of the past 7 months. Also found out I had Primary Hypogonadism, therefore on HRT with a very good HRT doc.

My question is this........I have gotten different answers from different people in the gym on what is best to build muscle and get big. Obviously I'm already big enough I just want to move some of that around. I have heard to use heavy weight /low reps. Others have said in BB you use as heavy as you can with the 10 to 15 rep range. So which is it? I dont want to be the strongest guy in the room. I just want to look like it. Please help and thanks in advance.
    Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence

Quote Originally Posted by patrickzglr View Post
    Im 6' tall and weigh 150 lbs and would like to gain about 30 lbs to get back to my normal weight and i cant seem to be able to. I was diagnosed with cancer in Jan 08 and after surgery and treatment i went from 180 lbs down to 137 lbs gained about 10 lbs back and then the cancer came back in Jan 09 and i lost about 5 lbs. I am now at 147-153 lbs and cant seem to gain any more weight. I eat all the time and the muscle would help because im a contractor and im weak compared to what i was. I was wondering if you have any sugestions on what i can use to help gain about 30 lbs of muscle.
    Thanks for your help: Pat
    Pat.. Thanks for your post dude and i wish you the best.

To be honest... putting on 30lbs of muscle is no easy task. it is not something i can say..." take this or that"

If you really want to work on this... let me know.. drop me a pm. or visit my website.. I would love to see you achieve your goal man..
    thanks
    www.prepbyalex.com

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKRAUT View Post
    Alex, fairly new to the sport of BB. I'm 38 yoa 6' tall weigh 234lbs @ 17% BF. I have recently lost 43 lbs starting at 38% BF of the past 7 months. Also found out I had Primary Hypogonadism, therefore on HRT with a very good HRT doc.

My question is this........I have gotten different answers from different people in the gym on what is best to build muscle and get big. Obviously I'm already big enough I just want to move some of that around. I have heard to use heavy weight /low reps. Others have said in BB you use as heavy as you can with the 10 to 15 rep range. So which is it? I dont want to be the strongest guy in the room. I just want to look like it. Please help and thanks in advance.
    training is just tip of the ice berg bro..

one peace of a very large puzzle.. i can tell you how to train but to look like a bodybuilder.. it takes diet, training and cardio.. You have to be disciplined and willing to work hard at it.....

You might want to check my website as well bro.. not to push anything on you.. but answering your question will not get you were you want to be.. training, diet and good plan will...

I have a training and interview in the Aug issue of Iron Man bro...

prepbyalex.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.prepbyalex.com

thank you very much

Nobody

Im new at this and could you let me know were to start.

Im new at this and could you let me know were to start.
    start what? working out?
    www.prepbyalex.com

Nobody

yes i would like to start working out

yes i would like to start working out
    The information is pretty vague.. bro.. if you want to workout.. get in the gym and lift.. Maybe a good trainer can help you..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Dedicated Noob

Arrow

Im 25 yrs old and my weight is 230lbs. I started going about lifting weights the wrong way at around 22 and i didnt realize it for a while. I fell victim to lifting heavy ass weight, hardly no cardio, and eating anything i want thinking i was gonna see good results. well what happened is i gained weight yes but it wasnt good weight my bodyfat ( whic is around 14-18%) is way higher than my muscle. I started really paying attention to the detail in getting lean and I came up with my own solution. I started doing high intensity cardio about 2 to 3 times per week running the steps in my building for about 5 to 8 sets of 3. I added high intensity training to my regimen. for example a chest day would be incline barbell presses, flat bench dumbell presses, flat or incline bench dumbell flies then end it off with dips all 1 set 10 to 12 reps for a total of 5 working sets. my diet is nothing but egg whites (money saver) chicken breast, oatmeal, and a whey protein with the ususal fish oils pre workout drink a multi and some no2 pills. i work midnights so during the night i eat egg whites spinach alittle brown rice, and after workout a whey protein then a hr later white rice and some chicken. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks now i dont think im seeing any results only after a workout a thats cause im pumped. is there anything that i need to change or do more of?

Quote Originally Posted by m0em0ney1 View Post
    Im 25 yrs old and my weight is 230lbs. I started going about lifting weights the wrong way at around 22 and i didnt realize it for a while. I fell victim to lifting heavy ass weight, hardly no cardio, and eating anything i want thinking i was gonna see good results. well what happened is i gained weight yes but it wasnt good weight my bodyfat ( whic is around 14-18%) is way higher than my muscle. I started really paying attention to the detail in getting lean and I came up with my own solution. I started doing high intensity cardio about 2 to 3 times per week running the steps in my building for about 5 to 8 sets of 3. I added high intensity training to my regimen. for example a chest day would be incline barbell presses, flat bench dumbell presses, flat or incline bench dumbell flies then end it off with dips all 1 set 10 to 12 reps for a total of 5 working sets. my diet is nothing but egg whites (money saver) chicken breast, oatmeal, and a whey protein with the ususal fish oils pre workout drink a multi and some no2 pills. i work midnights so during the night i eat egg whites spinach alittle brown rice, and after workout a whey protein then a hr later white rice and some chicken. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks now i dont think im seeing any results only after a workout a thats cause im pumped. is there anything that i need to change or do more of?
    give it more time.. a good plan takes many weeks to yield visible results, if not longer.. so dont give up.. just keep working hard
    www.prepbyalex.com

Nobody

Alex...I just turned 33 and am having trouble shaking off excess weight..its coming off slowly but I'd like to give it a boost. I am working out 5 days a week and doing at least 20-30 minutes of low impact cardio each session as well along with the weight training which tends to be 45 min to 75 min depending on body part/parts.
    Are there any over the counter thermogenics/fat burners you recommend..I have been using animal cuts so far...my friend is getting ephedra and the results are great for him but getting it is a pain in the ass. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by cremationist View Post
    Alex...I just turned 33 and am having trouble shaking off excess weight..its coming off slowly but I'd like to give it a boost. I am working out 5 days a week and doing at least 20-30 minutes of low impact cardio each session as well along with the weight training which tends to be 45 min to 75 min depending on body part/parts.
    Are there any over the counter thermogenics/fat burners you recommend..I have been using animal cuts so far...my friend is getting ephedra and the results are great for him but getting it is a pain in the ass. Any help would be appreciated.
    There are two products i can recommend... one is Arson by Muscle Assylum and the other is Xenadrine Hardcore.. both might be on the higher end of the price scale but why cut corners on something so valuable.

I would actually cycle between the two... each have slightly different compounds so you will notice a difference between the two.. hope all else is going good!
    www.prepbyalex.com

Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast