Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,072 to 1,088 of 1228

Thread: Any beginners need help, just ask

Nobody

Alex
    the weight is slowly coming off..I know diet is the ultimate key to trimming fat...just trying to take it one day at a time...one workout at a time...thanks for your advice...I will try cycling thermos every few weeks maybe 1 month on 2 to 3 weeks off and the try a new one and see what works best
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by cremationist View Post
    Alex
    the weight is slowly coming off..I know diet is the ultimate key to trimming fat...just trying to take it one day at a time...one workout at a time...thanks for your advice...I will try cycling thermos every few weeks maybe 1 month on 2 to 3 weeks off and the try a new one and see what works best
    Jon
    You will get extra calories burned by using the fat burners and good workouts but the key to fat loss is diet, training and cardio..
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Ok i have been lifting for about ten years, but am still a beginner because i have never been consistant. so here is my dilemma, I weigh 270 and am abviously really fat. I work 11PM- 730am on a rotating shift. can someone help me structure a routine around this. also on mon, wed and fri i go to school from 9am-950 about an hour drive both to and from school. and on tues nite i go to school from 6-930 pm. if someone who is good with time scheduling could help that would be awesome. also where should i begin with diet and how much cardio and lifting? my profile pic is me a few weeks out from 15 boot camp and running about 8 miles a day so it is true that i am genetically chubby. if anyone can help i would appreciate it very much. my goals are to loose some weight(fat), be healthier,and still have tons of energy as my lifestyle is busy. right now while i work i really don't have too much time to eat becasue i work as a special care tech in a hospital(cancer) that keeps me going pretty much all nite long so i do not have much time to eat. And for this I eat whatever I can later to make up for what I missed at work. A lot of carbs.

huh
    Last edited by chub-b-muscle; August 31st, 2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: accidently duplicated

Quote Originally Posted by chub-b-muscle View Post
    Ok i have been lifting for about ten years, but am still a beginner because i have never been consistant. so here is my dilemma, I weigh 270 and am abviously really fat. I work 11PM- 730am on a rotating shift. can someone help me structure a routine around this. also on mon, wed and fri i go to school from 9am-950 about an hour drive both to and from school. and on tues nite i go to school from 6-930 pm. if someone who is good with time scheduling could help that would be awesome. also where should i begin with diet and how much cardio and lifting? my profile pic is me a few weeks out from 15 boot camp and running about 8 miles a day so it is true that i am genetically chubby. if anyone can help i would appreciate it very much. my goals are to loose some weight(fat), be healthier,and still have tons of energy as my lifestyle is busy. right now while i work i really don't have too much time to eat becasue i work as a special care tech in a hospital(cancer) that keeps me going pretty much all nite long so i do not have much time to eat. And for this I eat whatever I can later to make up for what I missed at work. A lot of carbs.
    Here is my before and after transformation bro...

I would like to help you out but your situation needs some major work, follow up and monitoring.. Im not giving you a hard time.. i can help anyone.. but i dont have the time to do that here...

Here is my before and after pic... Check out my website if you want... and once you really set your mind to the fact that your ready to make a big change in your life... contact me..
    www.prepbyalex.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.prepbyalex.com

I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death all over the forum, however I was unable to find a specific thread on it. I might have asked you Alex before about bulking but it's been awhile and I couldn't find that thread.

I want to start a bulking diet in conjunction w/ the H.O.S.S program. I kinda went back and forth in regards to diet, but figured I can work on the cutting diet and weight training once I get on the bulk I want. I focused good now that I have a gym as well, kinda helps

Right now I'm doing the H.O.S.S program Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri and doing cardio 3-4 times a week to help shed some of the belly fat.

I try to eat any carb heavy meals before 4pm and snack on mixed nuts and dried fruit throughout the day. My meals consist of fish, chicken, steak, ground beef, eggs, lunch meat, cheese, beans, rice, salad, fruit & veggies w/ the occasional treat like 10 pringles or half a candy bar.

So to give you an idea of what I'm working with:

Weight: 165lbs
    Height: 5'7

Current Diet
    6 meals a day
    Each Meal Avg
    Cals: 500
    Protein: 25 grams
    Fat: < 15 grams
    Carbs: < 20 grams

If you guys have some links to share I'm happy to do research myself

thanks for answering back with the quickness, i am serious about the change, i have checked out your page and you seem like the real deal, but i just don't have that kind of extra money right now. so thank you very much alex you do look awesome though and i know you could be a big help. If anyone else has some input with working nights and scheduling that would be awesome.

thanks for answering back with the quickness, i am serious about the change, i have checked out your page and you seem like the real deal, but i just don't have that kind of extra money right now. so thank you very much alex you do look awesome though and i know you could be a big help. If anyone else has some input with working nights and scheduling that would be awesome.
    sure thing bro, but your situation cant be adequatly answered by me on this board.. take care..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Quote Originally Posted by patrickzglr View Post
    yes i would like to start working out
    Hi Patrick,

Sign up at a gym, and build up your foundation by lifting free weights. Bench Press, Dips, Push Ups, Dumbbell Press, etc for Chest.

Deadlifts, Barbell/Dumbbell rows, Lat Pulls down, T-bar Rows, etc for Back.

Military Press, Seated Dumbbell Press, Front Raise, Side Raise, etc for Shoulders.

Squats, Leg Presses, Lunges, Leg Extensions, calf raises etc for Legs.

Dumbbell Curls, Barbell Curls, Preacher Curls, Zottman Curls, Hammer Curls, etc for Biceps and Forearms.

Close grip Bench press, cable extensions, skull crushers, kickbacks, etc for Triceps.

Your training regime needs to be emphasised on free weights to build up your foundation, before you start doing those movements, you need to work on your form. Once you've mastered the form, add weights gradually or increase the resistance to push your muscles to grow; overload. 3-4 sets of each exercise in the 6 - 12 rep range. You're a beginner so your body would adapt to any type of programme. Simple is the way to go, focus on free weights, train 3-4 days a week and the rest of the days make sure you rest in order to recover. Eat 3-4 meals consisting of nutritious protein, carbs and healthy fats. At your stage, protein shakes would definitly be of benefit.

Make sure you don't over train, and learn to listen to your body. Also don't forget to do your own research.

Rome wasn't built overnight, so be patient brother, all good things takes time.

Train big, eat big and sleep big.

My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex A View Post
    sure thing bro, but your situation cant be adequatly answered by me on this board.. take care..
    Keep in mind bro.. that you have to make training a priority in your life... if you get less sleep then so be it.. but.. if you want your plan to work... you have to set your mind to it and make it happen..

Personally... Im preparing for a huge competition and preparing others for some up coming shows..

I have a full time job, kids, a lot of responsibilities and i start my day at 320am and am up till 930-1000pm.. Im just super disciplined and make time to cook, clean, train, do cardio and prep for my show...

In your situation.. you have to do the same.. You need to work obviously...... or go to school .....but your spare time should be spent preparing your food and implimenting your plan ... If you stay super disciplined in a matter of time the results will speak for themself..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Alex, i weigh around 190 lbs and am 6 feet tall. just under two years ago i weighed 300 lbs. i dropped the 110 lbs of all fat and gained some muscle in the process. i am only 23, but have been heavy my whole life, except now. with so much excess skin, i am looking to fill in the void. its a big void. i am not looking to become a body builder, just bulk up. i am relatively defined in my upper body, excpet for the fact that i have mini man boobs still just from extra skin. you can see my muscles definition behin the sagging skin. i have a routine that works for me, plus i hire a personal trainer occasionally just to get some new ideas and different workouts.
    \
    my real question is about supplements. i have used them in the past. whey protein, and nitroxygen. i like supplements because i find they really help add volume to my muscles. is there a certain way i should be taking these supplements together? and should i add creatine to my diet???

I really appreciate what you have to say. I guess what i am looking for is how to schedule eating as well as training. i know if i put my mind to it i can and will do it but i just don't know where to start

Quote Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
    Alex, i weigh around 190 lbs and am 6 feet tall. just under two years ago i weighed 300 lbs. i dropped the 110 lbs of all fat and gained some muscle in the process. i am only 23, but have been heavy my whole life, except now. with so much excess skin, i am looking to fill in the void. its a big void. i am not looking to become a body builder, just bulk up. i am relatively defined in my upper body, excpet for the fact that i have mini man boobs still just from extra skin. you can see my muscles definition behin the sagging skin. i have a routine that works for me, plus i hire a personal trainer occasionally just to get some new ideas and different workouts.
    \
    my real question is about supplements. i have used them in the past. whey protein, and nitroxygen. i like supplements because i find they really help add volume to my muscles. is there a certain way i should be taking these supplements together? and should i add creatine to my diet???
    Those are good questions and all i can say is this... I think you can make better modifications to your diet, training and program than that...

you need help with nutrition, training, diet and implementing a supplement and cardio plan..

I would not waste time on a in person personal trainer.. but if your making great gains and are happy.. then be proud!
    www.prepbyalex.com

I really appreciate what you have to say. I guess what i am looking for is how to schedule eating as well as training. i know if i put my mind to it i can and will do it but i just don't know where to start
    I would start by having an assessment and take it from there....

You need some online guidance!.. i just cant be the one to do that on this thread...sorry..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Hi Alex, I'm new to bodybuilding.
    I'm 154lb and 5'11"
    a couple of months ago I was 130lb, I gained weight after going to the gym. But I'm an engineering student and I hardly get time to hit the gym. To the best I go to the gym only 3 or 4 times a week and I can't go at all during exams. Because of my schedule I have to sometimes skip meals too(but I don't go to gym the day I have skipped a meal).
    My question is if I go only three or four times a week to the gym which muscle groups should I work out each day. For example I go on Monday, wednesday, friday, and sunday. what muscles should I workout on monday, tuesday and so on.
    thanks , waiting for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by _N_ View Post
    Hi Alex, I'm new to bodybuilding.
    I'm 154lb and 5'11"
    a couple of months ago I was 130lb, I gained weight after going to the gym. But I'm an engineering student and I hardly get time to hit the gym. To the best I go to the gym only 3 or 4 times a week and I can't go at all during exams. Because of my schedule I have to sometimes skip meals too(but I don't go to gym the day I have skipped a meal).
    My question is if I go only three or four times a week to the gym which muscle groups should I work out each day. For example I go on Monday, wednesday, friday, and sunday. what muscles should I workout on monday, tuesday and so on.
    thanks , waiting for your reply.
    I would try to go 5 days a week and you can hit each main muscle group one time per week..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alex A View Post
    I would try to go 5 days a week and you can hit each main muscle group one time per week..
    Do you mean I should do it as below
    day1:chest
    day2:back
    day3:triceps
    day4:biceps
    day5:legs

Is the order ok? and how many exercises should I do for each muscle a day?

Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast