Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1555565758596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,089 to 1,105 of 1228

Thread: Any beginners need help, just ask

Nobody

thats good but hit bi"s and tri" on day3 and shoulders on day4

Nobody

Hi alex

I've been lifting for about two years now, and I've been natural for all this time.

My lifts are as follows: (Keep in mind, i only started this routine 2 weeks ago)

D1 - biceps, triceps, shoulders
    D2 - core, abs, and back
    D3 - bench, pec flys, and lats
    D4 - squat, cleans, calf raises
    D5 - cardio, light lifts on areas I didn't complete
    rest until the week starts again

I do cardio every day, I like the elliptical and I do low intensity, maybe 60-70 rpm for 25 mins each day.

with my current routine, I've noticed some significant muscle boost, but my only problem is I'm not getting any leaner or losing much weight. I have no consistent diet, and i'm in high school :/

I'm looking into supplements, but I'm not sure which to get because there are so many! I would like to be able to purchase it at a local stores like GNC or VitaminShoppe and preferably not website-based ones. I am very new but i know my way around the weight room.

Do I need to change my routine? Should I get a consistent diet or remove certain things? What supplements do you suggest for fat burning and stamina?

Thanks alex!

Quote Originally Posted by iesty99 View Post
    thats good but hit bi"s and tri" on day3 and shoulders on day4
    lol yeah totally forgot about shoulders.
    so now its
    d1;chest
    d2;back
    d3;biceps triceps
    d4;shoulders
    d5;legs

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem22 View Post
    Hi alex

I've been lifting for about two years now, and I've been natural for all this time.

My lifts are as follows: (Keep in mind, i only started this routine 2 weeks ago)

D1 - biceps, triceps, shoulders
    D2 - core, abs, and back
    D3 - bench, pec flys, and lats
    D4 - squat, cleans, calf raises
    D5 - cardio, light lifts on areas I didn't complete
    rest until the week starts again

I do cardio every day, I like the elliptical and I do low intensity, maybe 60-70 rpm for 25 mins each day.

with my current routine, I've noticed some significant muscle boost, but my only problem is I'm not getting any leaner or losing much weight. I have no consistent diet, and i'm in high school :/

I'm looking into supplements, but I'm not sure which to get because there are so many! I would like to be able to purchase it at a local stores like GNC or VitaminShoppe and preferably not website-based ones. I am very new but i know my way around the weight room.

Do I need to change my routine? Should I get a consistent diet or remove certain things? What supplements do you suggest for fat burning and stamina?

Thanks alex!
    if your making good gains dont change your routine.. if your stuck.. change it up.. I am sponsored by Cytognix which is a company that is owned with Muscletech by Iovate Health Sciences.. Their products are top of the line..

I would try Arson as a over the counter fat burner or Xenedrine Hardcore... i never keep running the same fat burner.. change is good.. unless you are really making gains...then dont change it.

N: i would train legs on two workouts ... Try chest and hams and one.....and day five just quads alone
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alex A View Post

N: i would train legs on two workouts ... Try chest and hams and one.....and day five just quads alone
    Noted, will do that. Thanks.

Dedicated Noob

Default Need an Opinion

I was just wondering if I got a good system down, I have nothing but free weights, 2 dumbells, 1 ez curl bar, 1 straight bar and a bench that I can incline with. I have 300+ pounds in weights. I have gained pretty well, especially in my shoulders and some in my chest, but would like a few more suggestions on other free weight exercises. Here's my exercises in order:

Incline Bench 145 lbs. 10 reps 4 times
    One Arm Rows 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times
    Standing military press 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times straight bar
    Upright rows 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times straight bar
    Shrugs 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times straight bar
    Barbell Curls 52 pounds straight bar 10 reps 4 times

I repeat all of these exercises a second time and come out with 80 reps for all except I don't do barbell curls a second time....I do 40 hammer curls on 20 pounds which I just started doing. I workout 2 days on 1 off, 2 days on 2 off. I stack with G.n.c. Mass xxx A.m.p. and Kre-aklalyn creatine. (2 scoops) 1 before 1 after and the same goes for Kre-akalyn. I been trying to gain mass. Thanks to all that reply!

Bryan Romeo

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Romeo View Post
    I was just wondering if I got a good system down, I have nothing but free weights, 2 dumbells, 1 ez curl bar, 1 straight bar and a bench that I can incline with. I have 300+ pounds in weights. I have gained pretty well, especially in my shoulders and some in my chest, but would like a few more suggestions on other free weight exercises. Here's my exercises in order:

Incline Bench 145 lbs. 10 reps 4 times
    One Arm Rows 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times
    Standing military press 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times straight bar
    Upright rows 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times straight bar
    Shrugs 52 lbs. 10 reps 4 times straight bar
    Barbell Curls 52 pounds straight bar 10 reps 4 times

I repeat all of these exercises a second time and come out with 80 reps for all except I don't do barbell curls a second time....I do 40 hammer curls on 20 pounds which I just started doing. I workout 2 days on 1 off, 2 days on 2 off. I stack with G.n.c. Mass xxx A.m.p. and Kre-aklalyn creatine. (2 scoops) 1 before 1 after and the same goes for Kre-akalyn. I been trying to gain mass. Thanks to all that reply!

Bryan Romeo
    Honestly that is a very unique workout.. i highly doubt anyone has ever done that workout right there.. especially being that you run the circuit then start over and run it again.

I cant say that i would do that or every have anyone i work with do that.. but its better than not working out at all.

. I dont think you can make the gains that a bodybuilder would want by training chest with one exercise, back with one exercise and then shoulders with 3 then one exercise for bicepts..

and no tri workout or quad, ham or calves.. if your making gains from it.. cant knock you then..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Dedicated Noob

Yeah, it unique Alex, but I was just wondering with the equipment I have if there's any other chest exercises or shoulder exercises or trap..etc. that you would recommend. Some of these exercises I do hit a couple different muscle groups in 1 exercise. I just want to diversify things and maybe hit muscle groups from all angles like your supposed to with what I got. Thanks for getting back with me B.T.W.

Yeah, it unique Alex, but I was just wondering with the equipment I have if there's any other chest exercises or shoulder exercises or trap..etc. that you would recommend. Some of these exercises I do hit a couple different muscle groups in 1 exercise. I just want to diversify things and maybe hit muscle groups from all angles like your supposed to with what I got. Thanks for getting back with me B.T.W.
    you can add some pushups for chest and get a flat bench so you can do some bench press and not just incline...

I would do something so you can work your legs or they will fall behind.. but.. atleast your getting some good training done.. good job on that..

To be honest.. im more of a prep guy who helps people with contest prep .. the majority of folks i work with are trainers or competitors..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Dedicated Noob

Default hey Alex

Would you typically agree that it's a good Idea to alternate both flat and incline bench press and if so, how often? Monthly, or every 2 weeks? I know on a flat you work your delts more than incline. What would you suggest??

Hey Alex, Im new to the sport and have been lifting for over a year now. I go into gyms with jus knowledge from magazines and forums such as this. Im 6'2 at 285 pounds. Im not on a diet cause Im still confused on how the calories and carbs and protein.... I jus read that you have to take certain things at certain times or for certain goals. I wanna be able to shed some weight down to at least 250 n bulk back up to 270. I understand dedication and I have it, jus not understanding the diet I guess. If you have time can you please help out

Quote Originally Posted by SAMOAN-SUPREME View Post
    Hey Alex, Im new to the sport and have been lifting for over a year now. I go into gyms with jus knowledge from magazines and forums such as this. Im 6'2 at 285 pounds. Im not on a diet cause Im still confused on how the calories and carbs and protein.... I jus read that you have to take certain things at certain times or for certain goals. I wanna be able to shed some weight down to at least 250 n bulk back up to 270. I understand dedication and I have it, jus not understanding the diet I guess. If you have time can you please help out

Bryan: i would do both flat and incline.. if you have access to both benches do both..

Samoan:

A good understanding of what you look like would help.. People often estimate their bodyfat as being much lower than it really is.. if you want to post up a picture, i can give you an idea were to take it..
    www.prepbyalex.com

anyone feel free to post up your pics if you want a more specific critique..i totally understand if you are reluctant.. but it would help me...

Also.. I want to wish many of you the best for your efforst.. Training at home in the backyard is where i got started myself! and it evolved into competing at the highest amateur level.

Im currently training to compete at the nationals in about 8 weeks. I will be more than happy to share some progress pics and you can critique me!

This is where it all got started..

The one pic is of my " home gym" when i was a teen

and the other pic is of my competing at my first show... the second back pick is from one of my more recent shows..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.prepbyalex.com

Dedicated Noob

Hey Alex, If I were to train a body part a day instead of the way that I've been doing (Previously Posted) to work my upper body; what excercises should I do for chest,triceps,back,biceps, shoulders, cause I workout 4 times a week and would like to add all those into 4 days, instead of doing all of them for 4 days each and every day. I feel it's putting to much strain doing all my excercises the same way 4 days a week. As I posted before I work every upper body part everyday 4 days a week. Thanks for your help!!

Hey Alex, If I were to train a body part a day instead of the way that I've been doing (Previously Posted) to work my upper body; what excercises should I do for chest,triceps,back,biceps, shoulders, cause I workout 4 times a week and would like to add all those into 4 days, instead of doing all of them for 4 days each and every day. I feel it's putting to much strain doing all my excercises the same way 4 days a week. As I posted before I work every upper body part everyday 4 days a week. Thanks for your help!!
    I cant write up your whole workout here but.. i would train one major bodypart a day.. Such as... shoulders on one day.. Presses, side laterals, rear laterals, and shrugs... back one day, Chest one day, Legs one day, arms one day..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Dedicated Noob

Default hey

Ok. How many exercises per body part?? I usually go with 10 reps 4 times. And how long should I workout, I usually go about an hour. That seems to be ok. What really confuses me is that you say to work one part per day, like chest for example, you use you arms in a bench press as well. So how could you work arms one day when you use them in various exercises anyway?? As I said, I workout 4 days. My goal is to add mass and workout traps,biceps,triceps,back,chest,shoulders. I'd like to work them all in 4 days, what ones should I do together? Back/shoulders,etc.?? Thank you Alex, you have been a great deal of help.

Ok. How many exercises per body part?? I usually go with 10 reps 4 times. And how long should I workout, I usually go about an hour. That seems to be ok. What really confuses me is that you say to work one part per day, like chest for example, you use you arms in a bench press as well. So how could you work arms one day when you use them in various exercises anyway?? As I said, I workout 4 days. My goal is to add mass and workout traps,biceps,triceps,back,chest,shoulders. I'd like to work them all in 4 days, what ones should I do together? Back/shoulders,etc.?? Thank you Alex, you have been a great deal of help.
    Im totally confused. sorry..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1555565758596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast