Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,106 to 1,122 of 1228

Thread: Any beginners need help, just ask

Dedicated Noob

Default hey

I was just wondering Alex, how many excercises should I do per session. Maybe 10 or something. I usually go with 10 reps per set and stop at about 40 and then switch to a different excercise. And could I workout my entire upper body in 4 days?? Traps, shoulders, triceps,biceps,back,chest and could I work 2 in each workout session or stick to 1 per day. I want to start to workout like this cause I've heard it is very effective. I figured I could do back/traps one day delts/shoulders, another etc. Can you give me some advice on what to work together like this? And will this be efficient? I have a leg routine down, I just need to fill up my 4 days with upper body. I sincerely want to better my condition and have a great start, but I need a routine. Thank you, Alex!

Dedicated Noob

Default How's this??

1st Day:chest
    2nd Day: Back/traps
    3rd day:Biceps/Triceps
    4th day:Shoulders

10 exercises for shoulders and chest
    5 each for back/traps...Biceps/Triceps? Or should I do more??

Dedicated Noob

Default Hey Alex

To be honest with you Alex, I'm burned out on lifting weights the way I've been doing it. I mean it pumps me out, but I feel as if I've plateaued. So I've been trying to put together a routine that I can switch up with to diversify things a little. And at the end of the day I get frustrated and confused and end up doing the workout I've always done because at least it's doing something. This is what I'm currently doing everyday I workout...

Incline Bench:145 pounds/ 4 sets of 10
    One Arm Rows:44 pounds/ 4 sets of 10
    Dumbell Flys:28 pounds/4 sets of 10(Just Started These)
    Standing Military Press:56 pounds/4 sets of 10
    Upright Rows:56 pounds/4 sets of 10
    Shrugs:56pounds/4 sets of 10
    Ez Curl Barbell Curls:51 pounds/4 sets of 10
    Hammer Curls:22 pounds/2 sets of 10

Repeat ALL another time until you reach a total of 80 reps for almost all exercises.

I know this is out there as far as workouts go, but being I have only free weights, 2 dumbells, a straight bar, an Ez curl bar, a bench press that declines or inclines, this is all I can go with right now. At least ALL equipment is being used.., I'm open to suggestions Alex. And please take note that I wrote you a few other messages besides this...I just wanted to lay it out there for you and if ya can't post a workout on here...I am on my space as well. PLEASE HELP, if you can...THANKS

Default Diet?

Hi, my name is Ron. I'm 40 years young, I'm 5'10", weigh 190. I have good shape in my arms and shoulders, my chest and abs have some flab I want to get rid of. I work my chest and back on Mondays and Thursdays, I do 4 sets of dumbell bench (between 10 and 20 reps) but lighter weight. I also do 4 sets of flyes, same reps. I eat roughly 2000 calories a day, which out of that is about 100 grams of protein (I'm unemplyed right now, so I can't afford protein powders and I get sick of tuna fish). My question is, I want to get rid of the fat on my chest, I don't want to lose any bodyweight either, should I do more sets for chest, do heavier weight, higher reps or should I modify my diet. Again, I don't have extra money for supplements, just what I have around the house (milk, peanut butter, eggs, tuna, beans, bread, some veggies). Any ideas on a simple diet of about 4 meals a day also.Sorry thread was so long, I just wanted to give you enough info. I appreciate any help and thank you for your time, God bless you to, Thanks again, Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by rons401969 View Post
    Hi, my name is Ron. I'm 40 years young, I'm 5'10", weigh 190. I have good shape in my arms and shoulders, my chest and abs have some flab I want to get rid of. I work my chest and back on Mondays and Thursdays, I do 4 sets of dumbell bench (between 10 and 20 reps) but lighter weight. I also do 4 sets of flyes, same reps. I eat roughly 2000 calories a day, which out of that is about 100 grams of protein (I'm unemplyed right now, so I can't afford protein powders and I get sick of tuna fish). My question is, I want to get rid of the fat on my chest, I don't want to lose any bodyweight either, should I do more sets for chest, do heavier weight, higher reps or should I modify my diet. Again, I don't have extra money for supplements, just what I have around the house (milk, peanut butter, eggs, tuna, beans, bread, some veggies). Any ideas on a simple diet of about 4 meals a day also.Sorry thread was so long, I just wanted to give you enough info. I appreciate any help and thank you for your time, God bless you to, Thanks again, Ron.
    Bryan: let me see what i can come up with and get right back to you ok...

Ron: Ron, sorry to hear about your current situation bro.. I really think you need more protein in your diet to add some quality muscle to your frame.. 2,000 calories are a little low for your size..

I would do all off the above...More sets, higher reps, more weight.. just add more volume to your routine and you will build a more complete chest..

since cash is a factor.. buy chicken breast on sale and you cant go wrong with 8 oz of cooked chicken for each meal..

. I would bbq with some seasonings and you will have some cheap meals going.. also.. egg whites are cheap.. you can get a dozen for $1 and thats a whole meal..

i would have 11 whites and 1 whole egg.. Then add a cup of oameal and you have breakfast..take it from there....keep training hard brother!
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Alex,

Do you beleve you have to eat every two, three hours? Don't think as long you have 4-5 meals a day, does't that matter

Quote Originally Posted by almard View Post
    Alex,

Do you beleve you have to eat every two, three hours? Don't think as long you have 4-5 meals a day, does't that matter
    it depends on what your trying to accomplish.... but for bodybuilding i think 2.5 -3 hours is ideal..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Hope you are having a good prep bro !!!

Quote Originally Posted by stavios View Post
    Hope you are having a good prep bro !!!
    Thanks buddy.. put it this way... the mistakes i made last year have been on my mind 24/7 since last years show... i can guarantee not to make those mistakes again... Although small, they added up to me not looking my best.

I may make different ones... I hope not... My goal is to bring the best look ever.......to Florida..

Im arriving earlier this year, settling in, doing some training and relaxing, avoiding stress...... Its all business Steve.. I love competing and bbing but i have business to take care of.. keep an eye out for me...and thanks for checking in..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Default My teen age son

Hi Alex,

My question is about my son who will be turning 13 yrs. old son. He is a really good athlete and excels in soccer. He will be starting at a local high school next year that has 8th grade. The only sport he plays now is soccer, all year round. He has been approach by lots of coaches asking where is his going to high shool. He was invited to try out for ODP (Olympic Development Program) and actually made the cut for the regional team.

He is small for his age and the only suggestion most coaches have for him is he needs to play a little more agressive. They tell me once he starts to work out and get a little more weight and strenth he will be fine.

So my question is when can he start weight training? He runs alot now of course so conditioning is not a problem, but i do not wat him to hurt future growth if lifting will hurt him. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post
    Hi Alex,

My question is about my son who will be turning 13 yrs. old son. He is a really good athlete and excels in soccer. He will be starting at a local high school next year that has 8th grade. The only sport he plays now is soccer, all year round. He has been approach by lots of coaches asking where is his going to high shool. He was invited to try out for ODP (Olympic Development Program) and actually made the cut for the regional team.

He is small for his age and the only suggestion most coaches have for him is he needs to play a little more agressive. They tell me once he starts to work out and get a little more weight and strenth he will be fine.

So my question is when can he start weight training? He runs alot now of course so conditioning is not a problem, but i do not wat him to hurt future growth if lifting will hurt him. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    I started martial arts at 12 and did a lot of pushups, situps and stretching and training.. by the time i was 13 i stopped growing taller anyways.. so i started lifting weights.

I think once your son stops growing much taller.. he will be ready for some resistance training..

I would start him off using bodyweight workouts.. then.. move on to some light resistance.. Get him using good form and teach him to respect his limits.. He should be fine to start soon.. I hope it all works out great for you guys!
    www.prepbyalex.com

Default Need help

Trying to bulk up; how much cardio is appropriate during this stage? Im 25 years old, 195 lbs, 5' 7.
    Wanna compete but not sure how or where or when; Im so ready to get started but kinda in the dark. Ive pretty much gotta handle on training, diet I think is my main concern.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean View Post
    Trying to bulk up; how much cardio is appropriate during this stage? Im 25 years old, 195 lbs, 5' 7.
    Wanna compete but not sure how or where or when; Im so ready to get started but kinda in the dark. Ive pretty much gotta handle on training, diet I think is my main concern.
    Sounds like you need some extensive help.. Dont go on the boards to do this.. especially if your competing... Bits and pieces of info from everyone willing to chime in .... is not the way to go...

lets see though... you want to compete... but not sure how, where or when? are you sure you want to compete?

Anyways.. look into hiring someone to prepare you and walk you through the process..

Your first show is memorable and you dont want to screw it up and have a bad taste in your mouth about competing..

For my first show..I hired an ex competitor and she walked me through the process.. and I ended up winning my class plus the novice overall... Now ive worked up to national level shows and prep and do diets for a lot of follks...
    www.prepbyalex.com

Nobody

hey, monday i am going to start going to a gym so i can finally start bulking, i am thinking of doing a back and bis, chest and tris, and legs split. should i throw abs on one of the days, have a separate day or just forget about them for now?

Quote Originally Posted by hough View Post
    hey, monday i am going to start going to a gym so i can finally start bulking, i am thinking of doing a back and bis, chest and tris, and legs split. should i throw abs on one of the days, have a separate day or just forget about them for now?
    Throw them in ....i would just do a 5-7 min ab workout with minimal rest at the end of your workout..
    www.prepbyalex.com

I am sort of a beginner. I take SuperPump 250 sometimes also L-Carnitine and SNI Elite series Muscle Blast advanced Beta-Alanine. I also take Radox, Olio, Kre-Alkaline, Walnuts, Fruits and berries. I use SizeOn sometimes too!

Nobody

thanks

Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast