Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1858596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,140 to 1,156 of 1228

Thread: Any beginners need help, just ask

I was looking to get leaner this summer. Not ripped, not shredded but lean. I think you get the idea. Anyways I was just hoping someone could clue me in on some diet guidelines to shed some of the extra softness I've got going on.

Here's my crappy diet for Mon-Fri

Breakfast: 2-3 whole eggs sunnyside, with 2 slices of whole wheat toast.

Lunch: Ham sandwich (99% fat free ham, 1 slice of skim cheese, on whole wheat), about a half a cup of peanuts and an apple.

Pre workout: PB&J sandwich (all natural skippy peanut butter, low sugar smuckers jelly, on whole wheat bread, 1 glass of skim milk.

Workout -Size on creatine

Post Workout- Whey shake mixed with 1 glass skim milk, Tunafish sandwich( 1 can of tuna, with 2 teaspoons of fat free italian dressing, on whole wheat bread.

Betime- 1 scoop casein, 3/4 cup of pistachios.

I have this diet about 3 times a week, the other 2 week days I don't take the shakes. The weekends are always unpredictable.

I have some basic ideas of how to tighten up, such as less carbs at night, more cardio, and of course sticking to a set diet. Other than that dieting was never really my forte. Any help would be great!
    "To alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems"

Quote Originally Posted by bobbydigital View Post
    I was looking to get leaner this summer. Not ripped, not shredded but lean. I think you get the idea. Anyways I was just hoping someone could clue me in on some diet guidelines to shed some of the extra softness I've got going on.

Here's my crappy diet for Mon-Fri

Breakfast: 2-3 whole eggs sunnyside, with 2 slices of whole wheat toast.

Lunch: Ham sandwich (99% fat free ham, 1 slice of skim cheese, on whole wheat), about a half a cup of peanuts and an apple.

Pre workout: PB&J sandwich (all natural skippy peanut butter, low sugar smuckers jelly, on whole wheat bread, 1 glass of skim milk.

Workout -Size on creatine

Post Workout- Whey shake mixed with 1 glass skim milk, Tunafish sandwich( 1 can of tuna, with 2 teaspoons of fat free italian dressing, on whole wheat bread.

Betime- 1 scoop casein, 3/4 cup of pistachios.

I have this diet about 3 times a week, the other 2 week days I don't take the shakes. The weekends are always unpredictable.

I have some basic ideas of how to tighten up, such as less carbs at night, more cardio, and of course sticking to a set diet. Other than that dieting was never really my forte. Any help would be great!
    To give you a brief explaination of what i see..

your protein is way to low. for example

2-3 eggs is not much at all....

plus pb sandwiches really wont get you lean.. they taste good but you should look at some lean turkey breast or chicken.. instead..

you actually need more food, spread out over the day.. add some regular cardio sessions and this will increase your appetite so you can put more food through your body.. plus will burn bodyfat.

I would also work on getting on a solid weight training program and look at getting in the gym 5 days a week and follow each training session with some cardio.

This is very vague on my behalf ... but if you decide to really get serious about it.. email me and lets talk about having me write you up a full on detailed plan on just what to do.. I can work with you over a course of 6 months or a year... i think you will like my style and the results..
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Romeo View Post
    How essential is the deadlift in a workout routine and would I do it last in my workout because of the amount of energy expended?

I disagree with chub about doing deads at the end of your workout. Deads and squats are the two lifts that increase testosterone/GH levels in your system the most, which benefits the rest of your muscles. If you leave deads to the end of your workout you might not be able to go hard, and it becomes a wasted opportunity.

A lot of people do the primary lifts FIRST in their workout, ex squats, bench, clean, dead.
    Don't give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about

I've been lifting for about 3 years, I had to take a break for 3-7 months due to a major foot surgery. I've been back in the gym and eating very cleanly for about 6 weeks now and some strength is coming back. I weighed in this morning at 222lbs, I'm about 20-21% BF, just got back into size 36 pants. I'm lifting 5 days a week and riding a spin bike about 4 days a week. A sample of my diet macros for a recent day: cals - 2880, fat - 102.8g, carb - 220.3g, prot - 268.8

My biceps measure just shy of 15 inches around right now and I carry minimal fat in my arms. I'm not asking for an exact answer, but does it sound like i'm in the ballpark of doing the right things to grow to 16 - 16.5 inch arms by the end of the year while dropping body fat into the 10 - 12% range? My lifting style is heavy enough weights that I can only get sets of 4 - 6 reps and for the last 6 weeks i've been able to add reps or weight every week. I think i'm eating enough, I eat 6 -7 meals a day. I'm even doing that on weekends (which is more difficult) I see so many different view points out there and I still consider myself a beginner.
    Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Hey Alex/Guys

I've recently just gotten back into training after dealing with some issues within my life. I have found that exercise and lifting weights seems to be a new drive in my life. A few years ago I was in decent shape. However as a result of my struggles I have become pretty fat.

Anyways enough of my sob story. I stand 6'3" and currently weigh in at 245lbs, wondering what the best approach would be in order to put on some muscle size and strength as well as slim down. I have a good indication that the way to approach it would be to concentrate on my lifting and then increase the cardio to lean out. I'm looking for ideas on the diet I should be taking at both phases and a basic outline of what I should be doing for training.

Thanks in advance.

Nobody

Excuse me, I new to the forum. I'm wanting to do a local BB showing in July. I just starting dieting/lifestyle change this past Monday.

I'm 5' 10" 260 lbs. I would saying I'm carrying about 30 to 40 body fat.

A lot of information overload on forums and net. I been doing so heavy reading on nutrient (protein, carbs and fats) etc....

I will be doing a Hi protien, Hi fats and lo carbs for 6 days, on Saturday, which is my cheat day is the only day I increase my carbs to 300 to 400 grams. Here is my break down on my diet plan:

Cals = 3466
    Fats (g)= 227.3
    Carb (g) = 61.6
    Protein (g)= 331

I just started doing two sessions of cardio everyday for 30 minutes, except for legs day. Please feel to correct me if I'm wrong:

Since my carbs are low, most of my energy will be from the Fats. Next, should I lower my fats on my cheat day?

Quote Originally Posted by Edew14 View Post
    Excuse me, I new to the forum. I'm wanting to do a local BB showing in July. I just starting dieting/lifestyle change this past Monday.

I'm 5' 10" 260 lbs. I would saying I'm carrying about 30 to 40 body fat.

A lot of information overload on forums and net. I been doing so heavy reading on nutrient (protein, carbs and fats) etc....

I will be doing a Hi protien, Hi fats and lo carbs for 6 days, on Saturday, which is my cheat day is the only day I increase my carbs to 300 to 400 grams. Here is my break down on my diet plan:

Cals = 3466
    Fats (g)= 227.3
    Carb (g) = 61.6
    Protein (g)= 331

I just started doing two sessions of cardio everyday for 30 minutes, except for legs day. Please feel to correct me if I'm wrong:

Since my carbs are low, most of my energy will be from the Fats. Next, should I lower my fats on my cheat day?
    No offense bro.. but what the hell are you talking about cheat day? the freaking show is in July.. you should be full contest mode!

you have a ton of weight to lose and your cheating.. bro.. you need a major overhaul to your diet..

You can keep plugging away and getting confused left and right by these posts and shit.. but if you want to invest in some serious help.. drop me an email. if you dont.. i wont take offense.. i have not been online much because im busy with the many preps im doing!

but seriously... you need some help here.. and i could help you but not on a public forum bro.. thanks!
    alex
    www.prepbyalex.com
    www.prepbyalex.com

Quote Originally Posted by timmi83 View Post
    Hey Alex/Guys

I've recently just gotten back into training after dealing with some issues within my life. I have found that exercise and lifting weights seems to be a new drive in my life. A few years ago I was in decent shape. However as a result of my struggles I have become pretty fat.

Anyways enough of my sob story. I stand 6'3" and currently weigh in at 245lbs, wondering what the best approach would be in order to put on some muscle size and strength as well as slim down. I have a good indication that the way to approach it would be to concentrate on my lifting and then increase the cardio to lean out. I'm looking for ideas on the diet I should be taking at both phases and a basic outline of what I should be doing for training.

Thanks in advance.
    Timmie.. drop me an email if your serious about this..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Is advancedmusclescience.com a reputable site and are there prohormone packages real or hype. 41yrs 6'4" 265. Any advice about pushing the edge without going to jail is app.

Spotter

Alex, first off congrats on your success in the game. Man I'm just looking for a diet that will help me lean down and shed some BF while packing on more muscle. As of now, I workout 4 days a week, and do about 20min cardio everyday. I'm right at 6 feet, weigh 200 even and if I had to guess I'd say my BF% is about 15-17. Just need to get an idea on how my macros should look and how many meals a day I should eat. Thanks.

Hey all, just wanted to start off by saying awesome site and forums. Great stuff to red up on here! Keep it up!

I am a 27 year old male, I was at a more normal weight in my younger days, now I am at 305-310 now. I am looking to change my ways here, I am getting sick and tired of the way I look, my belly is very big and gets in the way of life, I am sick of it. Now I wanna do something about it, not just to feel better about my self and boost the confidence, but I wanna be healthy and not breath heavy runing up one flight of stairs! I am looking for any help on here for a great diet here too, I wanna build up a great diet plan which I will be strict too, cause as we all know diet is probably the hardest part in weight lose, getting out of your bad crappy eating habbits. Any help would be great! thanks all!!!

Nobody

Hey everyone, just getting back into lifting seriously after a few years off. I train every morning at 5 a.m. Should i be eating a small meal before i train, or a protien shake? I find that i start to fizzle about 3/4 of the way through my workout. I eat a meal right before bed which is usually 8-10 egg whites and 1/2 cup oatmeal. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

hey
    plz help me out i'm having a hard time gaining weight . i'm 5'11'' tall and a mere 122 lbs . can anyone suggest me wat kinda workout should i do (heavy wit less reps or light wit more reps ) and wat is the best option for me in terms of supplements .
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by pYUNEit View Post
    Alex, first off congrats on your success in the game. Man I'm just looking for a diet that will help me lean down and shed some BF while packing on more muscle. As of now, I workout 4 days a week, and do about 20min cardio everyday. I'm right at 6 feet, weigh 200 even and if I had to guess I'd say my BF% is about 15-17. Just need to get an idea on how my macros should look and how many meals a day I should eat. Thanks.
    I would shoot for 5 days of training and 5 days of cardio.. add a little more duration to your cardio if you want to drop some more bodyfat.. I would add 5 min to your cardio this week and then another 5 the next week

Keep the protein up there and shoot for carbs .. roughly 40-50 grams in meals 1-4.. cut them down for meal 5 to about 30 grams and no carbs last meal of the night.. Tapering down the carbs as the day wears along seems to work best..

This is just a generic out line based on what i know of you.. I would have a custom diet and keep making changes to the cardio, diet and traiing every 4-6 weeks if i was working with you this..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dtrain220 View Post
    Hey everyone, just getting back into lifting seriously after a few years off. I train every morning at 5 a.m. Should i be eating a small meal before i train, or a protien shake? I find that i start to fizzle about 3/4 of the way through my workout. I eat a meal right before bed which is usually 8-10 egg whites and 1/2 cup oatmeal. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    I would have some protein for sure and some carbs before training if your lifting weights.. I would wake up.. eat a small meal, shake and half cup of oats.. then h it the gym...

There are so many other factors involved in setting up a diet, plus you would need to make the changes and updates as your body responds...

I dont believe in some generic diet that everyone can follow.. Down the road if you want to take it to the next level and want to work with me on a plan involving your diet, training, cardio etc.. check out my website and consider dropping me an email and we can work on this.. thanks bro..
    www.prepbyalex.com
    www.prepbyalex.com

yo alex rather new to this iv'e been on n off but still made some good gains thankfully just wanted to ask do you recomend training bi's n tri's together or somthing else thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by Zak ATLAS View Post
    yo alex rather new to this iv'e been on n off but still made some good gains thankfully just wanted to ask do you recomend training bi's n tri's together or somthing else thanks bro
    I do recommend training bis with tris...Sometimes start bis .. sometimes start with tris..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1858596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast