Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,157 to 1,173 of 1228

Thread: Any beginners need help, just ask

Default need advice

im 5'10 223 and im trying to get bigger in size and hopefully be able to compete in the future do you have any advice or tips

Quote Originally Posted by omartinez510 View Post
    im 5'10 223 and im trying to get bigger in size and hopefully be able to compete in the future do you have any advice or tips
    Your question is pretty .. in response.. the best advice i can give you is ....

Stay focused on your goals and discipline yourself.. Learn from your peers..... You dont want to bounce all over the place taking bits and pieces of peoples diets and routines and take advise from people that should be getting advise not giving it... But most of all...stick to a plan and give it some time.

If you plan to compete one day.. Start supporting the sport now.. I started competing in 2002 and have done shows every years since.. but before i competed i attended shows and supported the sport.

You learn from attending shows.. You get inspired as well... And most of all, be realistic.. Set goals and work to achieve them..
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

what is the best way to lose body fat

I hate to give such a general answer.....but it HAS been answered a few times....so do a search for it......my answer tho, do CARDIO....no magic formulas or tricks.... at the end of the day......burn more calories then you take in.

just wondering for a good routineee, i got my diet pretty good at like 3000 - 3500 calories a day with like 200 grma protein 300 carbs im skiny and find it hard to gain and want routine to do at home dont have a bench and have 88 kilos of weights a barbell to dumbells thanksss private me if easierr please

Dedicated Noob

What's goin on Alex...I justv started bodybuilding, but had a rough start being a 300lb defensive lineman a while ago and now im down to 236. I been training for bodybuilding since I'm done with football, for almost a year now. I'm a clear endomorph with a good physique, but I need to fill in all of this extra skin. I found out that my body needs a LOT of volume training to stimulate growth. So my main question is, with chest being an example (and also trying to lose that lower chest fat) is doing 30-35 sets in one chest workout overtraining? It may sound a lot but that is what i feel is the best way for my chest to grow, for I've tried the general 16-20 sets of chest and wasn't sore the next day or grow. Any suggestions would help...thanks a lot!

God Bless

Dedicated Noob

This might take a min so hopoe u like to read,lol. Im 27 at 185lbs. Im currently in the begging phase of hormone replacement theropy as my test levels were way way low. This is not due to the use of as or anything along those lines as I havnt ever done any. Little did I know this was the main cause of my lack of building good muscle and having the energy to get thru my current workout and the day. I cant say Im really new to this but im sure there is ALOT of info that im missing out on and sometimes knowing to much can confuse and disrupt the correct prosses to training. So with that said......

My current workout
    mon=shoulders,calves,abs
    tues=legs,abs
    wed=off
    thurs=chest,tris
    thurs=back,bis
    their is no cardio in this workout cause im a lazy ass and hate cardio. If I need to do it I will.

the workout is not set to failure cause I workout buy myself and I dont think failure is good unless u have someone to spot and I dont like doing it all that much. The system is set that after i finish a set I rest for 6 seconds and then do 5-6 more reps. I have come to enjoy this as it gives my body enoufgh time to recover and still works the muscles really well. I dont do squats but I do deadlifts. I dont know the correct way to do squats so I dont do them as I have injured myself trying them so I stay away from them. Their is no cardio in this system. I work two jobs and workout in the mornings around 6am. I know sleep is important as well as eating are prolly the two main keys in the whole system. I know u grow when ur not working out and simple things such as this.

Iv always had a little bit of a gut and my abs showing isnt a high concern on my list cause im more concernd about power, strength. This is where I get confused a little.

1. The line between cardio and lifting........we can start here. Like I said I workout in the am and work till 10pm so spliting my routin is kinda difficult. How long and how much do I need cardio if im not concernd about dropping any weight right now? If I do it right after my workout im dead in the water and get sick from it. I wont lie, cardio is like pulling teeth for me. I will avoid it at all cost. Is cardio something I should be doing as a must at the moment? Do I need cardio to build endurance thru my workouts? How much and how long if so? My job is not related to endurace that much as I stand at a lift all day and work on harleys plus i useually recover my energy levels after a workout pretty quickly.

2. How often do I need to change up my routin to effectivly keep my body growing and progressing towards my goal?

3. I like to drink water and dont really drink much else besides milk and oj. How much water do I need to drink everyday? I try and drink a gallon but sometimes its hard to keep a gallon of water a day down. as far as down I mean its difficult to drink a whole gallon cause im not thirsty.

4. This is the big one. what supplements do I need as a must. I know protein is and I like to have a pre workout booster cause for me at that early its hard to get going at times. Do I need bcaa's, creatin, n.o., multi viatamin, and joint stuff? This stuff is very very exspensive which im sure everyone knows and im on a tight budget as in my industry I dont make alot of money so I just want what I have to have.

5. I have heard so many sides to protein from a certin amount a day to body weight ratio to certian kinds and times. What is better to mix with water or milk?

6. This is where I really struggle. food. Im not doing any contest in the future and my mma days are over so Im not concernd about body fat presentage and really any in depth numbers other than the mirrior. What do I need to eat? How much? what times? How many times? etc.

7. pre workout and post. Right now 1hr before I put in dry oatmeal into a shaker with 2 scoops of on whey protrien. a half hour later I slam a pre workout like super pump 250. then hit the guym and after the gym I do a 2 scoop shake. Is this correct?

Im not looking to get into model shape and i dont want to limit myself to a strict diet cause I know I wont stick to it. I want to know a balanced way to eat and be as healthy as I can. Dont get me wrong I want to be big and ripped but I know that that takes a serious diet and dedication and the time and money for that is something I dont have right now. I could be wrong their might be a way to do all these on a fair budget but I dont know it.

Any help or ides would be very helpfull. Thank you for the time.

Mike
    portland, oregon

Maninblack12: just wondering if you can narrow that down to a question or two. It was a lot to read there
    thanks

Abe: hope your doing well brother!
    www.prepbyalex.com

TRYING TO WIN TRIPLE THREAT FATTY CHALLENGE ,CAN YOU SUGGEST DIET TO DROP MOST WEIGHT IN 9 WEEKS?check out thread in pit
    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Quote Originally Posted by TheKillerOfSaints View Post
    TRYING TO WIN TRIPLE THREAT FATTY CHALLENGE ,CAN YOU SUGGEST DIET TO DROP MOST WEIGHT IN 9 WEEKS?check out thread in pit
    I will check it out..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Dedicated Noob

Yeah sorry man.....I tend to get pretty detailed sometimes.

1. Supplements, what do I really need?

2. Do I really need cardio if im not cutting right now?

Thanks for the reply alex. I cant tell u how helpfull these forums are to people in my shoes. Thanks for takin the time out man.

Quote Originally Posted by maninblack12 View Post
    Yeah sorry man.....I tend to get pretty detailed sometimes.

1. Supplements, what do I really need?

2. Do I really need cardio if im not cutting right now?

Thanks for the reply alex. I cant tell u how helpfull these forums are to people in my shoes. Thanks for takin the time out man.

I would stick to basic stuff.. a good fat burning supplement, A good protein powder, Glutamin and amino acids..

and cardio is important to staying in shape year round weather you cutting or not.. Cardio will keep you lean during the off season..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Question on Squats.
    Should I do wide stance or should I do shoulder width.
    Which is considered the strict-legit, best way to perform the exercise?

Question on Abs:

Did Leg Lift today...hanging from a bar.
    The way I did it...I hung straight down...crossed my legs...and raised them so the upper legs were parrallel to the ground (lower legs were crossed at the feet and hung down 90 degrees).
    I really did not feel a burn in my abs...it actually felt more like a leg exercise.
    How can I get more of a burn in my abs from it?
    Last edited by bluecountry; July 2nd, 2010 at 02:09 AM.

Nobody

Alex, I'm new to the site but not new to weight training. I am interested in using roids--will be my first time. I'm 48, 162lbs., and 5'6". I lift 5 days a week...I really want to get big and cut. Can you tell me my best options--
    luke
    lucasmilton@rocketmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by bluecountry View Post
    Question on Squats.
    Should I do wide stance or should I do shoulder width.
    Which is considered the strict-legit, best way to perform the exercise?

Question on Abs:

Did Leg Lift today...hanging from a bar.
    The way I did it...I hung straight down...crossed my legs...and raised them so the upper legs were parrallel to the ground (lower legs were crossed at the feet and hung down 90 degrees).
    I really did not feel a burn in my abs...it actually felt more like a leg exercise.
    How can I get more of a burn in my abs from it?
    I would mix it up and do both.. there is no legit stance that you must use..
    Try both you will feel it working different muscles...

On the ab exercise.. try not to cross your legs and dont let your body sway.. dont use any momentum.. that should help burn your abs a lot more..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Quote Originally Posted by LukeMilton View Post
    Alex, I'm new to the site but not new to weight training. I am interested in using roids--will be my first time. I'm 48, 162lbs., and 5'6". I lift 5 days a week...I really want to get big and cut. Can you tell me my best options--
    luke
    lucasmilton@rocketmail.com
    I would keep this private.. your going to get a lot of people chiming in and wanting to give you advise in this area..... drop me a pm if you want..
    www.prepbyalex.com

Dedicated Noob

Eating schedual

Wake up 6am- 1 cup oatmeal and protein drink with water

630am- preworkout drink and kre alkylyn

7-8am workout with protein drink after and bagle with pb and kre alkylyn, fish oil

11am- 1 12oz steak with 1cup brown rice and multi vitamin, para enzym

2pm- 3 ground turkey patties with 1cup pasta, fish oil

5pm- 1 12oz steak with 1cup brown rice multi vitamin, para enzyme

8pm- 3 turkey burger patties with 1cup pasta, fish oil

11pm 2 scoops protein with milk and almond butter, para enzym, multi vitamin

The enzyme is so I dont get all screwed up in the stomach and the kre alkylyn is schedualed so I can get it thru the system without any problems. This is a rough draft and is a basic idea of when and what I eat. The spices I use is garlic and black pepper on the meat and everything else is dry exsept for when I add salsa to take out the dryness. Im not trying to cut just grow as much as possibal for now. How does this sound? I just need it to work for now so I can build.

Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast