Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,208 to 1,224 of 1228

Thread: Any beginners need help, just ask

Nobody

I am 17 years old and 198lbs. I have been trying to getr bigger for a while I just want the truth and I need something to start off on that will get me to my goal of being bigger and stronger. I have been doing Greg Plitt workouts for a month now and I like doing those workouts and I feel like they will make me bigger. But I dont understand certain stuff in bodybuilding. Alex I would hope that you could get me started off on the right foot to get stronger more toned and lose fat and what not please I need help.

Nobody

Hey my name is miguel, im just about done with my fat loss diet and getting ready to put some muscle on. im confused on what workouts i should be doing in order to keep growing consistently. on md's magazine bodybuilders give training excercises that they do. wouldnt your body get used to that and plateau over a period of time. If it does, how do i keep my body from plateauing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Muscle Head

Apologies 4 being off-topic im not sure where to post as i cant create my own lol, i was wondering if anybody knows where to buy muscle fx : hydrobolic fx

UK location/sites ?

I'm having uneven back development. My left lat is noticeably smaller than my right. I do not know if there is built up scar tissue, although i do not think there is. What can i do to bring that left side up? Why are they developing differently?

I did a clean bulk all through summer and i still start cutting in november. should i take a fat burner, fish oils, test to help me cut the weight off? and will it be fast? thank you.

Nobody

How do i post? their is no option to make new thread?

Thanks

And im new here , great to meet you all

Nobody

Hey, I've just gotten back into lifting and doing cardio after taking about 6 months off after what I think was a pulled muscle in my back. I'm 24 yrs old, about 5'10", and weigh about 180 lbs. When I was lifting regular I weighed around 175, and stopped to start boxing for almost 2 years. I dropped down to 165 while boxing. When I hurt my back I gained about 15 lbs of fat... a problem I never had before even when I took time off. Anyway, I'm struggling to get the gut off. I do sit ups, run a couple miles twice a week, and lift light weights 2-3 times a week. (After this semester of school, I plan on going back to 5 days a week) I was shredded a couple years ago and was lifting heavy. Do I need to go back to heavy lifting? Or should I just change my diet. I would liked to get lean and ripped, but I feel like I'm turning into a fat ass. :/

Quote Originally Posted by lawlifter View Post
    Hey, I've just gotten back into lifting and doing cardio after taking about 6 months off after what I think was a pulled muscle in my back. I'm 24 yrs old, about 5'10", and weigh about 180 lbs. When I was lifting regular I weighed around 175, and stopped to start boxing for almost 2 years. I dropped down to 165 while boxing. When I hurt my back I gained about 15 lbs of fat... a problem I never had before even when I took time off. Anyway, I'm struggling to get the gut off. I do sit ups, run a couple miles twice a week, and lift light weights 2-3 times a week. (After this semester of school, I plan on going back to 5 days a week) I was shredded a couple years ago and was lifting heavy. Do I need to go back to heavy lifting? Or should I just change my diet. I would liked to get lean and ripped, but I feel like I'm turning into a fat ass. :/
    Diet is the key and adding more training without that being in order won't get you there.
    Cyberpump! - The Home of High Intensity Training (HIT) - http://www.cyberpump.com

Little Guy

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum but I've been lifting for years.. Im 25, 5'10", 258lbs about 24% body fat. My goal is to be big.. Potentially as big as possible and lean as possible.. Before I get flamed for that bold goal let me state that I do understand the work and persistent dedication that takes. I am very dedicated in the gym! I train hard.

My problems are in my diet, I (think) I know what I should be eating but I have a hard time doing it.. For me is all about what is convenient and inexpensive.. Which leads to eating a lot of stuff I shouldn't.. I work 80 hrs a week (6am - 3:30pm, Mon-Fri) lately my meals consist of a lot of egg whites, oatmeal, chicken breast, whole wheat toast, and musclepharm combat powder..

I'm ok with eating the same thing day after day, that doesn't bother me.. I'm just looking for convenience.. Easy stuff I can buy pre packaged and throw in the microwave!

So that's what I'm here to ask about. Maybe some examples of what some of you are eating on a daily basis and maybe some quick easy recipes..

Also just so you know the only sup's I'm on right now are nitric oxide, creatine monohydrate and the MusclePharm combat powder (a hybrid protein mix for those who don't know the product)

Thanks in advance for any input!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvrbak View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum but I've been lifting for years.. Im 25, 5'10", 258lbs about 24% body fat. My goal is to be big.. Potentially as big as possible and lean as possible.. Before I get flamed for that bold goal let me state that I do understand the work and persistent dedication that takes. I am very dedicated in the gym! I train hard.

My problems are in my diet, I (think) I know what I should be eating but I have a hard time doing it.. For me is all about what is convenient and inexpensive.. Which leads to eating a lot of stuff I shouldn't.. I work 80 hrs a week (6am - 3:30pm, Mon-Fri) lately my meals consist of a lot of egg whites, oatmeal, chicken breast, whole wheat toast, and musclepharm combat powder..

I'm ok with eating the same thing day after day, that doesn't bother me.. I'm just looking for convenience.. Easy stuff I can buy pre packaged and throw in the microwave!

So that's what I'm here to ask about. Maybe some examples of what some of you are eating on a daily basis and maybe some quick easy recipes..

Also just so you know the only sup's I'm on right now are nitric oxide, creatine monohydrate and the MusclePharm combat powder (a hybrid protein mix for those who don't know the product)

Thanks in advance for any input!
    I suggest just doing some bulk cooking one day on the weekend for the week ahead. It really does not take that long. You can do brown rice, steam veggies, and more in the microwave if you are looking for speed in doing it.

Once you bulk cook ahead, and have it ready in the fridge to pop in the micro for each day's meals.
    Cyberpump! - The Home of High Intensity Training (HIT) - http://www.cyberpump.com

Nobody

Hello all, this is my first post and im after abit of advice.....

ive got a lot of weight to lose and ive done abit of research on the net etc and I've popped into two gyms and got very different advice from two different PT's

im 5'10 & 22 and a half stone or 318 pounds for the americans.

Ive dabbled in the gyms over the years but ive never really committed to giving it 100% but now im ready to commit.

So I went to GYM number 1 and I asked the PT a few questions, I told him I have a calf injury and that cardio is a problem for me I showed him my injury and he said you just have to work it and reallly train it hard. I suggested I wanted him to teach me how to lift weights properly as thats what I want to do. He then said just let me decided how I will work you out. I was a little confused at his comments and I decided to tell him im going to look at another gym now before I commit to a membership.

So I go the gym 2, I speak to a PT and i told him that I want him to teach me how to lift weights properly etc, He says thats fine he can do that, he asks my goals etc and I tell him about my injury. He says you can lose weight just by eating good and lifting weights. He said you can also do cardio with the weights.

Was I wrong in telling the PT's what I what them to do, Or do most people just go along and willy nilly let them choose what to do? I have no problem in the PT pushing me and making me work hard etc.

Nobody

Total newb here, have a few questions mostly pertaining to supplement use. Little background real quick I am 280 pounds. roughly 20% fat, My goal is 7% while gaining muscle at the same time. I am on strict diet.

Question 1:

Can I stack my pre wokout (C4 2 scoop) with my fat loss (MTS Drop Factor + Yohimbine) Is this okay or is this too much caffeine? Any other ways this might be hurting me?

Question2:

Does Bio-Gro and Myo-x do the same thing? If not, can they be stacked?

Introduction

Hello everyone my name is Tiago, I'm from southern Brazil, workout at the gym to 1 year in the beginning was 66 kg / 176 lbs and 25% body fat, today I'm 80.5 kg / 215 lbs and 17% body fat. My personal goal is to reach the end of this year with 9% body fat, keeping my 80.5 kg / 215 lbs. In summary I have to lose fat and gain muscle. I'll make this a weekly journal my journey in order to get motivation and allow God to awaken in people that it is possible to change life.
    I count on the collaboration of all, I'm here to learn.
    Below is my training and diet, I'm open to criticism and suggestions.
    hugs
    Diet

Upon waking I drink a glass of 200 ml of green tea. After breakfast I take a multivitamin tablet, one tablet of 500 mg Vitamin C, 2 Muscle Pharm BCAA tablet, 1 tablet of 200mg caffeine.

6:30 AM
    1 unit -Banana
    2 unit -Sliced ​​Turkey Breast
    4 unit –Egg white
    2 unit -Egg yolk
    30 gr / 1 oz – oatmeal

9:30 AM
    30 gr / 1 Oz – oatmeal
    20 gr / 0.7 Oz – Albumin or Casein
    10 gr / 0.35 Oz - milk powder
    200 ml / 8.45 OZ – Water

11:30 AM
    150 gr / 5.29 Oz - Chicken breast
    150 gr / 5.29 Oz - brown rice
    1 tablespoon - olive oil
    60 gr / 2 oz - broccoli
    60 gr / 2 oz – peas

03:30 PM
    170 gr / 6 Oz - nonfat yogurt
    10 gr / 0.35 Oz – Albumin or Casein
    15 gr / 0,53 Oz – Brazil Nut

05:45 PM
    2 unit -Banana
    45 gr / 1.59 oz – oatmeal
    4 unit –Egg white
    2 unit -Egg yolk

Post workout

Whey Protein – 2 scoop – 40 gr / 1.41 Oz.
    Malt dextrin - 3 tablespoon – 45 gr / 1.59 oz.
    5 gr – Creatine
    5 gr – BCAA
    5 gr – Glutamine
    200 ml / 8.45 OZ – Water

08:30 PM
    120 gr / 4.23 Oz - Chicken breast
    50 gr / 1.76 Oz - brown rice
    1 tablespoon - olive oil
    60 gr / 2 oz - broccoli

10:30 PM
    4 unit –Egg white
    2 unit -Egg yolk

Totaling 2920 calories, 270 grams of carbohydrate (9.52 OZ), 245 grams of protein (8.64 OZ) and 90 grams of fat (3.17 OZ).

Training

I'll be starting the plan: JIM STOPPANI 12-WEEK SHORTCUT TO SIZE

WORKOUT 1: CHEST, TRICEPS, CALVES

EXERCISE SETS x REPS
    Bench Press 4 x 12-15
    Incline Bench Press 3 x 12-15
    Incline Dumbbell Flye 3 x 12-15
    Cable Crossover 3 x 12-15
    Triceps Pressdown 3 x 12-15
    Lying Triceps Extension 3 x 12-15
    Cable Overhead Triceps Extension 3 x 12-15
    Standing Calf Raise 4 x 25-30
    Seated Calf Raise 4 x 25-30

WORKOUT 2: BACK, BICEPS, ABS

EXERCISE SETS x REPS
    Dumbbell Bent-Over Row 4 x 12-15
    Wide-Grip Pulldown 3 x 12-15
    Standing Pulldown 3 x 12-15
    Straight Arm Pulldown 3 x 12-15
    Barbell curl 4 x 12-15
    Dumbbell Incline Curl 3 x 12-15
    One-Arm High Cable Curl 3 x 12-15
    Hip Thrust 3 x 20-30*
    Crunch 3 x 20-30*
    Oblique Crunch 3 x 20-30*

WORKOUT 3: SHOULDERS, TRAPS, CALVES

EXERCISE SETS x REPS
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press 4 x 12-15
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3 x 12-15
    One-Arm Cable Front Raise 3 x 12-15
    High Cable Rear Delt Fly 3 x 12-15
    Dumbbell Shrug 4 x 12-15
    Seated Calf Raise 4 x 25-30
    Leg Press Calf Raise 4 x 25-30

WORKOUT 4: LEGS AND ABS

EXERCISE SETS x REPS
    Squat 4 x 12-15
    One-Leg Leg Press 3 x 12-15
    Leg Extension 3 x 12-15
    Romanian Deadlift 4 x 12-15
    Lying Leg Curl 3 x 12-15
    Hip Thrust 3 x 20-30*
    Crunch 3 x 20-30*
    Plank 3 x 1 minute

Source: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/docs...ok_revised.pdf

Each week that passes increases the weights and reduces reps. Forming a cycle every 4 weeks.

Little Guy

I have only been training since June of 2014 with a high protein diet (200 g +/ day ), high calorie (2000 - 2400 Cal./ day), and training body parts twice a week. I was wondering if losing muscle but gaining fat and strength was normal at my stage. I am very strict about not cheating and not skipping my training. I sleep well and do not feel over trained. My lose was four pounds in muscle, a gain of 5 pounds of fat, and an increase in strength of five to ten pounds on certain exercises. I am 5' 5'' 141 lbs at 15% bf. I felt like I have gotten bigger and my waist has gotten smaller, and in the mirror I do not seem to have changed. Like I said is it just a normal fluctuation to can occur at a begginnier stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    I have only been training since June of 2014 with a high protein diet (200 g +/ day ), high calorie (2000 - 2400 Cal./ day), and training body parts twice a week. I was wondering if losing muscle but gaining fat and strength was normal at my stage. I am very strict about not cheating and not skipping my training. I sleep well and do not feel over trained. My lose was four pounds in muscle, a gain of 5 pounds of fat, and an increase in strength of five to ten pounds on certain exercises. I am 5' 5'' 141 lbs at 15% bf. I felt like I have gotten bigger and my waist has gotten smaller, and in the mirror I do not seem to have changed. Like I said is it just a normal fluctuation to can occur at a begginnier stage?
    It is not a desired result at all, and it points to your diet being wrong. First thing you need to do is figure out your TDEE, your Total Daily Energy Expenditure. Once we have that in calories, we have a starting point. We then need to know your body fat percentage. If it is high, you will need to cut and therefor be doing a LOT of cario with strength training and be in a caloric deficit (taking in less calories than your TDEE). You ideally should be below 15% body fat to start a bulk. Whatever you do, do NOT use the BMI chart for body fat percentage...it is almost always very wrong. If you cannot get it measured accurately, just post a pic with your face blocked out and I can tell you what your body is, roughly.

To find your TDEE, use this calculator. It is not super accurate, but it is close enough for our needs: http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculato...alculator.html

Please post the requested info and I can help you.
    SARMS Info Thread by SarmsSearch Use SHREDMD30 for 30% off!

Little Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    How are you coming to the conclusion that you have gained fat and lost muscle? I assume you are comparing weight and bodyfat percent numbers to come up with a net lean body mass.. Of course the math and science behind that is sound, however body fat test methods are HIGHLY inaccurate. Don't over think numbers the mirror is your best progress check. If I read correctly, you gained a total of 1lb in this time period, correct? (4lb muscle loss + 5lb fat gain) I'm not sure if that is in the 2 years total or just recently... But I can fluctuate by 5-6lbs from wake up to bed time.

If this is the only change you've made since June 2014 however, you are doing something wrong.. I really think you could be gaining weight much faster! Judging by your weight and bodyfat I'd guess you are a typical "hard gainer" my guess is that you haven't gained fat and lost muscle like you think, but that your measurements were just off causing bad data. If your goal is to gain muscle you may need more calories..

What is your carb I take? Not all body's are the same and your calorie intake may be too low for you.
    Right now coming out of winter bulk I'm at 240lbs and 18%fat and my maintenance calorie intake is around 2000/day but I also know guys who are under 10%fat and around 160lbs that need 3000+ calories to gain mass.

To sum this up
    Stronger + more narrow waist + look bigger = you're on the right path just could be seeing better results

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Little Guy

Hello.
    My coach told me to start accept steroids. I am new to all of this. After all,it's not secret, that steroids is
    the most effective means for a set of lean muscle mass and increase strength. I decided to try.
    On another forum, peole advised me a website where you can buy them. thepharmacom.com.
    Some of you made the order on this site?What are you thinking about it?

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273 LastLast