Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 1226

Thread: Any beginners need help, just ask

  1. #120

    Default

    Texan9:

    I have lagging traps as well and the only thing that has helped bring them up is heavy floor deads, rack deads, and heavy stiff legged deads....

    As a matter of fact my recomendation for any lagging bodypart are deads...they are just that good...lol.....I am joking with that last statement...lol
    THE OFFICIAL DC TRAINING!! AVAILABLE NOW! http://www.jasonwojo.com/dvd.html

  2. #121
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Youngguns View Post
    What time are you sleeping by?

    So you eat that oatmeal all the way up until show time?
    the oatmeal all the way to the day of the show, it doesnt hinder me from getting lean. THis past years prep, my bodyfat was pretty ridicuolous. At night i was getting a bit hungrier as I got closer to the show but I couldnt compensate because I had to make the weight class which was my demise. I should have fed myself more. But I would sleep around nine ocklock.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  3. #122
    Future
    Guest

    Default

    Alex, you could do damage in the sport if you worked on your conditioning.

    TALK ABOUT INSPIRING!!!! DAMN!

  4. #123
    Bro Scientist silverbackn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FUTURE View Post
    Alex, you could do damage in the sport if you worked on your conditioning.

    TALK ABOUT INSPIRING!!!! DAMN!
    Yeah, he's a little soft but if he could ever dial it in he could do damage! LMAO! Absolutely amazing!!!!
    Nutrex Research
    Exercise Science BS, CSCS

  5. #124
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackn View Post
    Yeah, he's a little soft but if he could ever dial it in he could do damage! LMAO! Absolutely amazing!!!!

    Thanks Future and Silverbackn. I appreciate that. I have always liked conditioning in an athelete. Some go for size, but myself Im always looking for the best conditioned athlete as long as they are complete. That is always impressive to me.
    The reason i love to compete and love dieting for shows, is i love seeing that grainy, hard, lean condition come out. I like to work hard and I love to push myself hard in my diet each year to get leaner.

    Im working on putting on a few pounds this year, but wont sacrifice the conditioned look for size. You can always decieve people on how much you really weigh if your in great shape. People will be surprised how big
    165lbs looks. Anyways, take care, all alex a
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  6. #125
    Bro Scientist silverbackn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex A View Post
    Thanks Future and Silverbackn. I appreciate that. I have always liked conditioning in an athelete. Some go for size, but myself Im always looking for the best conditioned athlete as long as they are complete. That is always impressive to me.
    The reason i love to compete and love dieting for shows, is i love seeing that grainy, hard, lean condition come out. I like to work hard and I love to push myself hard in my diet each year to get leaner.

    Im working on putting on a few pounds this year, but wont sacrifice the conditioned look for size. You can always decieve people on how much you really weigh if your in great shape. People will be surprised how big
    165lbs looks. Anyways, take care, all alex a
    Great post bro! You are absolutely right!!! You have to be conditioned, you can't sacrifice size for that. I have never been in the kind of condition that you have been in, it's mind boggling to me. I can remember following your thread in No Bull that had pics of you at 3 weeks out I believe. Unbelievable. When a person is in crazy condition they definitely look bigger than someone that is heavier but not as hard!!!! It's all about the illusion!
    Nutrex Research
    Exercise Science BS, CSCS

  7. #126
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackn View Post
    Great post bro! You are absolutely right!!! You have to be conditioned, you can't sacrifice size for that. I have never been in the kind of condition that you have been in, it's mind boggling to me. I can remember following your thread in No Bull that had pics of you at 3 weeks out I believe. Unbelievable. When a person is in crazy condition they definitely look bigger than someone that is heavier but not as hard!!!! It's all about the illusion!
    Very true bro! you are smart! some guys arent, they judge a person soley on how much they weigh.

    poeple will tell me how much they weigh when they compete.

    And im thinking "so what?" what does that mean.

    If you are super lean and dry weight is irrelevent, you will weigh much less and look much bigger. I absolutely love being in contest shape. Im married so i cant do too much showing off, but especially in summer time, people kinda freak out when they see you looking like that. You get allot more respect.
    Believe me, i compete to win and that is the point, well sorta but the process of looking great, holding it, before and after the show also is what bodybuilding is about to me. These are just my opinions of course
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  8. #127
    Bro Scientist silverbackn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex A View Post
    Very true bro! you are smart! some guys arent, they judge a person soley on how much they weigh.

    poeple will tell me how much they weigh when they compete.

    And im thinking "so what?" what does that mean.

    If you are super lean and dry weight is irrelevent, you will weigh much less and look much bigger. I absolutely love being in contest shape. Im married so i cant do too much showing off, but especially in summer time, people kinda freak out when they see you looking like that. You get allot more respect.
    Believe me, i compete to win and that is the point, well sorta but the process of looking great, holding it, before and after the show also is what bodybuilding is about to me. These are just my opinions of course
    Thanks for the kind words bro! The weight truly is irrelevant if it isn't conditioned. I beat a guy in a heavyweight novice (there is no superheavy in novice for those that didn't know) class that outweighed me by 30+ pounds, he wasn't WAY off, but he wasn't where he needed to be. If he had dropped another 15 pounds he honestly could have won the whole show. I have seen this guy do the same thing for years and it frustrates me to death! He has SO much size and he won't get conditioned. Heavies and superheavies are notorious for worrying about the number on the scale and looking atleast 4 weeks out on-stage. The light-heavies and down seem to across the board be better conditioned, first of all they aren't as worried as the number, and second of all I don't think they get as far out of shape as most heavies and superheavies who confuse weight gained with muscle gained. Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get that out of my system...lol. I bet your grainy conditioning looks even freakier in the flesh and I can't imagine what you look like in the gym. You're an inspiration bro!!! I bet you get a LOT of looks when you are out in the general public!!!
    Nutrex Research
    Exercise Science BS, CSCS

  9. #128
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackn View Post
    Thanks for the kind words bro! The weight truly is irrelevant if it isn't conditioned. I beat a guy in a heavyweight novice (there is no superheavy in novice for those that didn't know) class that outweighed me by 30+ pounds, he wasn't WAY off, but he wasn't where he needed to be. If he had dropped another 15 pounds he honestly could have won the whole show. I have seen this guy do the same thing for years and it frustrates me to death! He has SO much size and he won't get conditioned. Heavies and superheavies are notorious for worrying about the number on the scale and looking atleast 4 weeks out on-stage. The light-heavies and down seem to across the board be better conditioned, first of all they aren't as worried as the number, and second of all I don't think they get as far out of shape as most heavies and superheavies who confuse weight gained with muscle gained. Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get that out of my system...lol. I bet your grainy conditioning looks even freakier in the flesh and I can't imagine what you look like in the gym. You're an inspiration bro!!! I bet you get a LOT of looks when you are out in the general public!!!
    Good job bro! no offense to heavyweights or supers but i know they are notorious scale watchers. And when you calculate height to weight its a bit irrelevant.

    I know what you mean about these guys with the increadible size but cant dial in and never seem to do so.
    Im like, shit, i wish i had ten pounds of that muscle i would be unstopable and the big dudes are looking at you, like. how did you get so ripped?

    Shit at nationals this year man, I was like a pretty big inspiration, i ddint even realize i helped other guys get shreded, indirectly.

    A few big dudes, i didnt even know, came up to me at the weigh ins and said "bro I saw all your pics and you really helped motivate me to diet harder, etc." it was pretty cool, a lot of guys actually told me similar stories. I thought that was cool.

    I stay pretty covered up in the gym, cuz I only look good with either my shirt all the way off or on. I dont like wearing a tank. But i often pose in the good lighting in the locker or even in the corner of the gym, cuz the light is so good after my workouts. Usually at four weeks out im looking good so i will pose in the gym. But my face, gets so chizzled and my forearms and shit start really looking pumped early out.
    Check out this pic. Check out my forearms. Just wanted to show off a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  10. #129
    Dedicated Noob
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    30

    Default

    that's why I am working with Alex!!!

  11. #130
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drwost View Post
    that's why I am working with Alex!!!
    Walter, your a good man!

    A family guy like me, a professional, life gets so busy and before you know it, your not in shape like you want to be. Ive been there bro! I can relate.

    Nothing feels better than being in shape. So no how busy you are, no matter whats going on, you have to be selfish and make time for your self. If not, things can get ugly really fast.

    Well Walter, your a good example of a guy who is willing to work hard, make the time and sacrifices but just need some guidance. I appreciate you getting a hold of me and I hope we can continue to work toward your goals. Im glad you are sticking to it and making progress. take care
    alex
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  12. #131
    Bro Scientist silverbackn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex A View Post
    Good job bro! no offense to heavyweights or supers but i know they are notorious scale watchers. And when you calculate height to weight its a bit irrelevant.

    I know what you mean about these guys with the increadible size but cant dial in and never seem to do so.
    Im like, shit, i wish i had ten pounds of that muscle i would be unstopable and the big dudes are looking at you, like. how did you get so ripped?

    Shit at nationals this year man, I was like a pretty big inspiration, i ddint even realize i helped other guys get shreded, indirectly.

    A few big dudes, i didnt even know, came up to me at the weigh ins and said "bro I saw all your pics and you really helped motivate me to diet harder, etc." it was pretty cool, a lot of guys actually told me similar stories. I thought that was cool.

    I stay pretty covered up in the gym, cuz I only look good with either my shirt all the way off or on. I dont like wearing a tank. But i often pose in the good lighting in the locker or even in the corner of the gym, cuz the light is so good after my workouts. Usually at four weeks out im looking good so i will pose in the gym. But my face, gets so chizzled and my forearms and shit start really looking pumped early out.
    Check out this pic. Check out my forearms. Just wanted to show off a bit.
    It's frustrating to see guys who have the potential sitting right there but won't diet down hard enough to take it to the next level. That is awesome that you had guys coming up to you telling you that you inspired them. I don't know how any competitor that saw those pics couldn't be inspired! Your vascularity and dryness are crazy. You have the grainy look all over. your forearms look crazy in that pic!
    Nutrex Research
    Exercise Science BS, CSCS

  13. #132
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackn View Post
    It's frustrating to see guys who have the potential sitting right there but won't diet down hard enough to take it to the next level. That is awesome that you had guys coming up to you telling you that you inspired them. I don't know how any competitor that saw those pics couldn't be inspired! Your vascularity and dryness are crazy. You have the grainy look all over. your forearms look crazy in that pic!
    Thanks bro! i believe in hard work, well im sure most guys do. who would say they are lazy? but the problem some guys have is really figuring out how to get super lean.

    Most are scared to lose muscle or just dont know the formula. I can say honestly that i have really improved with my prep each year.

    That is why im excited for next years show. One more year of improving, getting leaner, harder, drier and better.

    Off season can get you in trouble though, but im keeping busy with the guys im helping. Its allot of fun, cuz everyone is gung ho and motivated to work hard, letting me be their eyes.
    Its allot easier when you just have to do the work and not have to think too much. For now, im thinking for them. If a person is willing to work hard, im positive, one hundred percent i can get them in kick ass shape.

    I really think its my hard work, not genics that has helped me the most. I would much rather work with a hard worker than some one less motivated but more gifted.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  14. #133

  15. #134
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jtfootball2007 View Post
    good thread
    Thanks!

    i think that many bodybuilders can relate to me because the majority of bodybuilders are not huge freaky big guys.

    Half of all bodybuilders compete as lightweight, welter and middleweights. And I think that most of us in this sport are considered short.

    On another note, nothing is more frustrating than having the drive and passion but not having proper guidance. I wish I had better nutritional habbits when I got started and did more than just lift weights. These boards have really offered allot of help to the guy or girl just starting out.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

  16. #135

    Default

    yea man. i know exactly what your talking about but luckily growing up, my mom was a nurse so she had to go through all these health classes and didn't have me eating like a bodybuilder, but i grew up eating healthy and it is something i'll carry with me the rest of my life and teach my kids

  17. #136
    NPC Nationals Contender Alex A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jtfootball2007 View Post
    yea man. i know exactly what your talking about but luckily growing up, my mom was a nurse so she had to go through all these health classes and didn't have me eating like a bodybuilder, but i grew up eating healthy and it is something i'll carry with me the rest of my life and teach my kids

    Thats great bro, I think its important to start your kids off eating healthy. For me its leading by example.
    My little daughter sees me eating oatmeal and now she loves the stuff too.

    I am looking forward to helping her pack her lunch with stuff thats at least a bit healthier than your typical kids meals.


    Junior: I like solid foods after a workout. Im usually hungry and dont like to drink my meals.
    I really dont have many shakes, thats my big thing now.

    I really dont drink much protein, i rather eat solid foods. Im usually eating my meals about 2.5 -3 hours apart.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •