Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger, a myth

Quote Originally Posted by p.s. View Post
    Timski don't go by those very poorly shot pics from very weird angles from the 80 Olympia as a way to assess Arnolds physique or the physique of the others in that show. From all the pics I saw that show should have gone to either Mentzer, Dickerson, or Walker as any one of those three were in great shape, and on the day of the show it "should" be the best man on stage period. However we still see this type of judging at the Olympia so what cha gonna do?

Arnold also was given a few other wins during his Olympia reign, but hey Arnold was also the guy who made our sport popular and was the number one guy to sell it to the public (Reg Park and Steve Reeves should also get honorable mention here as well). So even though Arnold may not have had the greatest physique he was/is the greatest BB to date for all that he did for BBing.
    I hear ya` bud!!

The 80` Olympia will always be discussed and debated that`s for sure.

I also think Arnold was beaten in Essen in 72` by Oliva but you have to remember,Arnold was just coming up and if the win was predetermined,it sure wasn`t Arnolds fault.....judges and Weider are to blame.
    Strictly Business

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by Timski View Post
    I hear ya` bud!!

I also think Arnold was beaten in Essen in 72` by Oliva but you have to remember,Arnold was just coming up and if the win was predetermined,it sure wasn`t Arnolds fault.....judges and Weider are to blame.
    The 72 Olympia is another win Arnold had with ease. Sergio was smooth and had no chance that year.

Quote Originally Posted by drjoe View Post
    I thought the video was awesome and very inspirational!!!
    I watch that one every single day.
    It's helping with motivation, as to this more intense workout plan I am on

Did Arnold ever have an offseason I swear every picture or video I have seen of him he looks contest ready

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules View Post
    The 72 Olympia is another win Arnold had with ease. Sergio was smooth and had no chance that year.
    I disagree on this one... in 72 Sergio was not the smooth one... Arnold was.

Arnold's conditioning actually seemed to improve specifically because of this year... he never showed up as smooth again.

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules View Post
    So you measured and weighed Arnold for his 1970-1975 and 1980 Mr Olympia wins? As for Serge Nubret he said he got sick before the contest so he lost some mass.....not even close to your silly claim.

My father met him in the mid 70's and said Arnold was just a tad taller than he was....Mt Dad was 6'0'' back then.

I will ask my dad if he weighed him and measured his arms also like you clearly did......ROFL.
    Hmmm...I'm 6'-4" and I've stood right beside him several times at the Arnold and several times in CA, and several times in the 80's. I even have a picture of he and I somewhere standing together and I'm MORE than 4" taller.

But, Foreman, you know better than me, so be it. And as far as Nubret is concerned, he retold the story of the '75 "O" on Musclemayem's site. Go look it up.

Anyway, what the hell do I know.....

BTW, I still hold Arnold in the highest regard and believe him to be the greatest BBer ever, regardless of his measurements/weight/Olympia competitions. I think it's cute you young people believe everything you read!

Hook up with me at the Arnold and I'll show you around....

I know, people have such warped views of weights and measurements it's really interesting to see the majority are as gullible as a 3rd grader.
    Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by tu_holmes View Post
    I disagree on this one... in 72 Sergio was not the smooth one... Arnold was.

Arnold's conditioning actually seemed to improve specifically because of this year... he never showed up as smooth again.
    Look at the film, Arnold is ripped, Sergio is soft and smooth.

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by esplendido View Post
    Hmmm...I'm 6'-4" and I've stood right beside him several times at the Arnold and several times in CA, and several times in the 80's. I even have a picture of he and I somewhere standing together and I'm MORE than 4" taller.

But, Foreman, you know better than me, so be it. And as far as Nubret is concerned, he retold the story of the '75 "O" on Musclemayem's site. Go look it up.

Anyway, what the hell do I know.....
    Arnold is 6'0'' to 6'1'' my Dad would know since he met him in his prime, not a decade or two later like you did. I bet you are also only 6'3''.

Serge said he was sick, if he changed his story on Musclemayem's site, it just proves he is a liar.

Rare pics of the `72 Olympia:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Strictly Business

GeorgeForemanRules

Rare pics of the `72 Olympia:
    A few more

arnolds front double bi with that vacuum is what bodybuilding is all about! great pose

He used to do the opposite of what most guys do. He'd come off of everything, and shrink down.

I used to have a few pics of him posing on rocks or something in off season (small) shape. Maybe someone has them?

D

Quote Originally Posted by Texan9 View Post
    Did Arnold ever have an offseason I swear every picture or video I have seen of him he looks contest ready

I hear ya` bud!!

I would never blame Arnold, Franco or Jay for that matter in winning any show over what would be better athletes. The judges and or Weider make these decisions not the guys on the stage. IMO Arnold was probably at his best in 73 or 74 but his leanest was at the 75 Olympia.

I also agree that Arnold had one of the best front double bicep shots (waist up) and his side chest was just freaky (damn he had huge pecs/chest!). But for an over all physique I still feel that Sergio was the man. It's just to bad that Sergio couldn't display his physique as well as Arnold could.

Quote Originally Posted by p.s. View Post
    I would never blame Arnold, Franco or Jay for that matter in winning any show over what would be better athletes. The judges and or Weider make these decisions not the guys on the stage. IMO Arnold was probably at his best in 73 or 74 but his leanest was at the 75 Olympia.

I also agree that Arnold had one of the best front double bicep shots (waist up) and his side chest was just freaky (damn he had huge pecs/chest!). But for an over all physique I still feel that Sergio was the man. It's just to bad that Sergio couldn't display his physique as well as Arnold could.
    IMO, These two photos illustrate to me at least, one of the most remarkable attributes about Arnold.

That huge shoulder, chest to waist ratio and that lat taper.
    You do not see in most pro's today, any attribute anywhere, near that ratio and taper.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast