Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger, a myth

Gotta` love that Sergio Victory POSE!!

Great pics of Arnie as well.

Too bad the guys of today look like refrigerators!
    Strictly Business

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules View Post
    Arnold is 6'0'' to 6'1'' my Dad would know since he met him in his prime, not a decade or two later like you did. I bet you are also only 6'3''.

Serge said he was sick, if he changed his story on Musclemayem's site, it just proves he is a liar.
    Sorry to disappoint you about your dad, Foreperson....every young man wants to believe he's infallible. I stood right next to Arnold before he finished the first Conan, and several times after that in the 80's. He's never been over 6'-0" tall barefooted in his life.

I agree with others here, that Arnold's freaky (shaped) arms and chest-to-waist ratio is what made him stand out as a bodybuilder. His Austrian iron will is what brought him success. He had a marketable look and personality in the right place at the right time and through him, bodybuilding burst onto the public like a flood. He's still the main influence in my bodybuilding career.

Serge Nubret, by far, had the best male physique for a bodybuilder, bar none!

Quote Originally Posted by dylan_dent View Post
    He used to do the opposite of what most guys do. He'd come off of everything, and shrink down.

I used to have a few pics of him posing on rocks or something in off season (small) shape. Maybe someone has them?

D
    Arnold shrunk up after the O's before Pumping Iron because he was making films. He had to drop weight or be so huge against his co-stars (actually, THE stars) that he would steal the scenes. He had to drop to 195 to film with Sally Field the summer before the '75 "O". When you see him coming into Gold's in PI and stating that he "needs to put on some muscle", he was weighing 199lbs. In 101 days, he put on 23lbs. of lean mass for the "O".

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by esplendido View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you about your dad, Foreperson....every young man wants to believe he's infallible. I stood right next to Arnold before he finished the first Conan, and several times after that in the 80's. He's never been over 6'-0" tall barefooted in his life.

I agree with others here, that Arnold's freaky (shaped) arms and chest-to-waist ratio is what made him stand out as a bodybuilder. His Austrian iron will is what brought him success. He had a marketable look and personality in the right place at the right time and through him, bodybuilding burst onto the public like a flood. He's still the main influence in my bodybuilding career.

Serge Nubret, by far, had the best male physique for a bodybuilder, bar none!
    Sorry but you are wrong again. Arnold was at least 6' probably 6'1'' when he was young, and Serge who was great had no back and chicken legs.

GeorgeForemanRules

Arnold shrunk up after the O's before Pumping Iron because he was making films. He had to drop weight or be so huge against his co-stars (actually, THE stars) that he would steal the scenes. He had to drop to 195 to film with Sally Field the summer before the '75 "O". When you see him coming into Gold's in PI and stating that he "needs to put on some muscle", he was weighing 199lbs. In 101 days, he put on 23lbs. of lean mass for the "O".
    Those are false facts, sounds like Arthur Jones dribble you are regurgitating.

Those are false facts, sounds like Arthur Jones dribble you are regurgitating.
    What, exactly, makes you the expert you believe yourself to be? I'm amazed at how much heresay you use to base your opinions on. Your dad seems to be the only "eyewitness" expert you have. I lived those days. I've got socks older than you. Beside my own experience, I have friends who worked out with Arnold in the early seventies who have related the things I haven't seen for myself. I was shaking hands with the "Oak" before you were born.

Your asinine rantings can be excused for your youth, but why not do a little research to base your objections on rather than being disagreable for the sake of being an asshole?

Guys,
    Since I started this thread, I am respectfully requesting that you refrain from personal attacks on each other within it.

I do not want this to have to be moved to the pit.

Thanks,
    DBowden

Sorry but you are wrong again. Arnold was at least 6' probably 6'1'' when he was young, and Serge who was great had no back and chicken legs.
    LOL! Now I know you're argumentative just to be argumentative. Didn't your mommy breast feed you long enough? I bet you were the kid that threw himself on the floor and screamed when your mom wouldn't let you get any candy at the checkout counter. "No" was your favorite word when you began talking. And I bet you wet the bed until you were at least 12.....

Pleeeeeeese!

Quote Originally Posted by DBowden View Post
    Guys,
    Since I started this thread, I am respectfully requesting that you refrain from personal attacks on each other within it.

I do not want this to have to be moved to the pit.

Thanks,
    DBowden
    Sorry, DB....got outta hand. It's too much fun. I shut up!

GeorgeForemanRules

LOL! Now I know you're argumentative just to be argumentative. Didn't your mommy breast feed you long enough? I bet you were the kid that threw himself on the floor and screamed when your mom wouldn't let you get any candy at the checkout counter. "No" was your favorite word when you began talking. And I bet you wet the bed until you were at least 12.....

Pleeeeeeese!
    I don't agree with you so get over it.

Serge was good but never the best like Sergio or Arnold, he was a step below them and thats a fact.

Grow up and act your age, what are you like 58?

What, exactly, makes you the expert you believe yourself to be? I'm amazed at how much heresay you use to base your opinions on. Your dad seems to be the only "eyewitness" expert you have. I lived those days. I've got socks older than you. Beside my own experience, I have friends who worked out with Arnold in the early seventies who have related the things I haven't seen for myself. I was shaking hands with the "Oak" before you were born.

Your asinine rantings can be excused for your youth, but why not do a little research to base your objections on rather than being disagreable for the sake of being an asshole?
    Why do people say stuff like this? Is this supposed to make the person on the receiving end feel bad? If necessary, I'm sure we can take up a collection to help you get some new socks.

Carry on

Great video, I wish one of the pros of today would or could be as marketable as Arny! It would be so great for the sport! Arnold is is a class all his own, love him or hate em he has simply lived the dream!!!! I love the comment on the guys of today looking like fridges (ha ha ha) so true but never heard it put that way!

Riff

Quote Originally Posted by RJP View Post
    Why do people say stuff like this? Is this supposed to make the person on the receiving end feel bad? If necessary, I'm sure we can take up a collection to help you get some new socks.

Carry on
    Thank you....I could use a tan pair with a black stripe.

And in answer to your question, it's a knee-jerk reaction to the arrogance of youth (I know, I was young once). Grey hair is seen as weakness these days, not strength. Wisdom still takes time to accumulate.

Thank you....I could use a tan pair with a black stripe.

And in answer to your question, it's a knee-jerk reaction to the arrogance of youth (I know, I was young once). Grey hair is seen as weakness these days, not strength. Wisdom still takes time to accumulate.
    Ha. Just busting although I don't think foreman is much of a "youth" anymore.

We're all arrogant when we think we're right.

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by RJP View Post
    Ha. Just busting although I don't think foreman is much of a "youth" anymore.

We're all arrogant when we think we're right.
    40 is the new 25.....right?

40 is the new 25.....right?
    That's what I keep telling myself

GeorgeForemanRules

Mike Katz played with the New York Jets and was listed at 6'2'' he and Arnold are about the same height. Now I have seen him listed at 6'1'' also so I will just go with the shorter stat....so Arnold is at least 6' and was probably closer to 6'1'' when he was a younger man.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast