Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger, a myth

Default Arnold Schwarzenegger, a myth

massive for a guy who ate nothing but apple stroodle
    Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave,I don't wanna die, I'm a God,Why can't I live on?

22" arms - MYTH! Left arm 19", right arm 19 1/2" (contest shape)
    245 lbs. - MYTH! 222 lbs. contest shape
    6'-1" -MYTH, MYTH, MYTH....barely 6'-0" (5'-11+)
    Won one of Olympia's uncontested (he was only entry), won one Olympia with only 2 people in it (Sergio Oliva), won final Olympia highly debated as a gimme....not his best shape in '80

Weider refused to allow Serge Nubret to compete in the '75 Olympia because he weighed as much as Arnold and was in better shape. I wasn't until Serge dropped 20 lbs with a month to go before the "O" that Weider let him compete (remember in Pumping Iron, Nubret was announced as a late entry).

STILL...he's been my icon of bbing for over 30 years...and no one has come close to his popularity or accomplishments. I'm in bbing because of his influence!

None of the above is/was Arnolds fault.

He was good in `80,just not as good as earlier contests.......look at the pics,he looks quite capable of winning and he did just that.

No one should be judged on former conditioning,just the day of the show.

He brought it to the stage evcerytime.............not many guys competed at all in the early Olympias as far as sheer numberrs went.

4-5 guys.......... and at times more if there was an Under-200 pound class.
    Strictly Business

Timski don't go by those very poorly shot pics from very weird angles from the 80 Olympia as a way to assess Arnolds physique or the physique of the others in that show. From all the pics I saw that show should have gone to either Mentzer, Dickerson, or Walker as any one of those three were in great shape, and on the day of the show it "should" be the best man on stage period. However we still see this type of judging at the Olympia so what cha gonna do?

Arnold also was given a few other wins during his Olympia reign, but hey Arnold was also the guy who made our sport popular and was the number one guy to sell it to the public (Reg Park and Steve Reeves should also get honorable mention here as well). So even though Arnold may not have had the greatest physique he was/is the greatest BB to date for all that he did for BBing.

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by esplendido View Post

Weider refused to allow Serge Nubret to compete in the '75 Olympia because he weighed as much as Arnold and was in better shape. I wasn't until Serge dropped 20 lbs with a month to go before the "O" that Weider let him compete (remember in Pumping Iron, Nubret was announced as a late entry).

STILL...he's been my icon of bbing for over 30 years...and no one has come close to his popularity or accomplishments. I'm in bbing because of his influence!
    Hahahahaha

Just your opinions, you have no way to prove any of that.

Garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules View Post
    Hahahahaha

Garbage.
    I know him,and he told me.
    Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

LAZROD

1980 Olympia was a gift .

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules View Post
    Hahahahaha

Garbage.
    Not opinions, young Jedi. I've done security at the Arnold, have met him many times since 1980, and have several of his contemporaries as friends. His dimensions are in writing by one of his best friends from the early days. Weider blew everyone's proportions up for the magazines just as basketball teams and football teams overstate their players stats to put fear in their oponents hearts. Tell you what. Ask Serge Nubret if my statements are opinions. He posts on MD and he'll verify what I've said.

And I really didn't have to defend all that....but you expected it, so.....

Arnold has all my respect...and is to this day, the greatest BBer in history.

GeorgeForemanRules

Not opinions, young Jedi. I've done security at the Arnold, have met him many times since 1980, and have several of his contemporaries as friends. His dimensions are in writing by one of his best friends from the early days. Weider blew everyone's proportions up for the magazines just as basketball teams and football teams overstate their players stats to put fear in their oponents hearts. Tell you what. Ask Serge Nubret if my statements are opinions. He posts on MD and he'll verify what I've said.

And I really didn't have to defend all that....but you expected it, so.....

Arnold has all my respect...and is to this day, the greatest BBer in history.
    So you measured and weighed Arnold for his 1970-1975 and 1980 Mr Olympia wins? As for Serge Nubret he said he got sick before the contest so he lost some mass.....not even close to your silly claim.

My father met him in the mid 70's and said Arnold was just a tad taller than he was....Mt Dad was 6'0'' back then.

I will ask my dad if he weighed him and measured his arms also like you clearly did......ROFL.

Made Member

Foreskin rules,

If you father is anything like you, he's also a retard.

Infact, he should have spanked you more often, or perhaps he hit your head too much and this explains why you are the way you are.

Which one?

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by bbuilder View Post
    Foreskin rules,

If you father is anything like you, he's also a retard.

Infact, he should have spanked you more often, or perhaps he hit your head too much and this explains why you are the way you are.

Which one?
    I am your God.

Won one of Olympia's uncontested (he was only entry), won one Olympia with only 2 people in it (Sergio Oliva), won final Olympia highly debated as a gimme....not his best shape in '80

!

Arnold is still king of bodybuilding and if arnold was 5'11" then everyone else is pumping iron were like 4 feet tall
    BEEFCAKE!!!!

Made Member

Foreskin rules,

Did you put a picture back up of your father in your avatar?

Good work.

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by bbuilder View Post
    Foreskin rules,

Did you put a picture back up of your father in your avatar?

Good work.
    You live to worship me.

Good Dog.

I thought the video was awesome and very inspirational!!!

foreman, u must be drunk again...the only god round here is Arnold!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast