Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 110

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger, a myth

  1. #1
    MD staff Daibhí O'Buadain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A mans gotta know his limitations
    Posts
    19,458
    Gender
    Male

    Default Arnold Schwarzenegger, a myth


  2. #2
    Pit Leader villan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    4 steps ahead of younguns
    Posts
    17,526

    Default

    massive for a guy who ate nothing but apple stroodle
    Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave,I don't wanna die, I'm a God,Why can't I live on?

  3. #3

    Default

    22" arms - MYTH! Left arm 19", right arm 19 1/2" (contest shape)
    245 lbs. - MYTH! 222 lbs. contest shape
    6'-1" -MYTH, MYTH, MYTH....barely 6'-0" (5'-11+)
    Won one of Olympia's uncontested (he was only entry), won one Olympia with only 2 people in it (Sergio Oliva), won final Olympia highly debated as a gimme....not his best shape in '80

    Weider refused to allow Serge Nubret to compete in the '75 Olympia because he weighed as much as Arnold and was in better shape. I wasn't until Serge dropped 20 lbs with a month to go before the "O" that Weider let him compete (remember in Pumping Iron, Nubret was announced as a late entry).

    STILL...he's been my icon of bbing for over 30 years...and no one has come close to his popularity or accomplishments. I'm in bbing because of his influence!

  4. #4

    Default

    None of the above is/was Arnolds fault.

    He was good in `80,just not as good as earlier contests.......look at the pics,he looks quite capable of winning and he did just that.

    No one should be judged on former conditioning,just the day of the show.

    He brought it to the stage evcerytime.............not many guys competed at all in the early Olympias as far as sheer numberrs went.

    4-5 guys.......... and at times more if there was an Under-200 pound class.
    Strictly Business

  5. #5
    Beach Body p.s.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    858

    Default

    Timski don't go by those very poorly shot pics from very weird angles from the 80 Olympia as a way to assess Arnolds physique or the physique of the others in that show. From all the pics I saw that show should have gone to either Mentzer, Dickerson, or Walker as any one of those three were in great shape, and on the day of the show it "should" be the best man on stage period. However we still see this type of judging at the Olympia so what cha gonna do?

    Arnold also was given a few other wins during his Olympia reign, but hey Arnold was also the guy who made our sport popular and was the number one guy to sell it to the public (Reg Park and Steve Reeves should also get honorable mention here as well). So even though Arnold may not have had the greatest physique he was/is the greatest BB to date for all that he did for BBing.

  6. #6
    GeorgeForemanRules
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esplendido View Post
    22" arms - MYTH! Left arm 19", right arm 19 1/2" (contest shape)
    245 lbs. - MYTH! 222 lbs. contest shape
    6'-1" -MYTH, MYTH, MYTH....barely 6'-0" (5'-11+)


    Weider refused to allow Serge Nubret to compete in the '75 Olympia because he weighed as much as Arnold and was in better shape. I wasn't until Serge dropped 20 lbs with a month to go before the "O" that Weider let him compete (remember in Pumping Iron, Nubret was announced as a late entry).

    STILL...he's been my icon of bbing for over 30 years...and no one has come close to his popularity or accomplishments. I'm in bbing because of his influence!
    Hahahahaha

    Just your opinions, you have no way to prove any of that.



    Garbage.

  7. #7
    Atlas Youngguns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Trueprotein.com Discount Code: KEM010
    Posts
    11,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules View Post
    Hahahahaha

    Just your opinions, you have no way to prove any of that.



    Garbage.
    I know him,and he told me.
    Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

  8. #8
    LAZROD
    Guest

    Default

    1980 Olympia was a gift .

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules View Post
    Hahahahaha

    Just your opinions, you have no way to prove any of that.



    Garbage.
    Not opinions, young Jedi. I've done security at the Arnold, have met him many times since 1980, and have several of his contemporaries as friends. His dimensions are in writing by one of his best friends from the early days. Weider blew everyone's proportions up for the magazines just as basketball teams and football teams overstate their players stats to put fear in their oponents hearts. Tell you what. Ask Serge Nubret if my statements are opinions. He posts on MD and he'll verify what I've said.

    And I really didn't have to defend all that....but you expected it, so.....


    Arnold has all my respect...and is to this day, the greatest BBer in history.

  10. #10
    GeorgeForemanRules
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esplendido View Post
    Not opinions, young Jedi. I've done security at the Arnold, have met him many times since 1980, and have several of his contemporaries as friends. His dimensions are in writing by one of his best friends from the early days. Weider blew everyone's proportions up for the magazines just as basketball teams and football teams overstate their players stats to put fear in their oponents hearts. Tell you what. Ask Serge Nubret if my statements are opinions. He posts on MD and he'll verify what I've said.

    And I really didn't have to defend all that....but you expected it, so.....


    Arnold has all my respect...and is to this day, the greatest BBer in history.
    So you measured and weighed Arnold for his 1970-1975 and 1980 Mr Olympia wins? As for Serge Nubret he said he got sick before the contest so he lost some mass.....not even close to your silly claim.


    My father met him in the mid 70's and said Arnold was just a tad taller than he was....Mt Dad was 6'0'' back then.


    I will ask my dad if he weighed him and measured his arms also like you clearly did......ROFL.

  11. #11
    Made Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Foreskin rules,

    If you father is anything like you, he's also a retard.

    Infact, he should have spanked you more often, or perhaps he hit your head too much and this explains why you are the way you are.

    Which one?

  12. #12
    GeorgeForemanRules
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbuilder View Post
    Foreskin rules,

    If you father is anything like you, he's also a retard.

    Infact, he should have spanked you more often, or perhaps he hit your head too much and this explains why you are the way you are.

    Which one?
    I am your God.

  13. #13
    Beach Body zman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esplendido View Post
    22" arms - MYTH! Left arm 19", right arm 19 1/2" (contest shape)
    245 lbs. - MYTH! 222 lbs. contest shape
    6'-1" -MYTH, MYTH, MYTH....barely 6'-0" (5'-11+)
    Won one of Olympia's uncontested (he was only entry), won one Olympia with only 2 people in it (Sergio Oliva), won final Olympia highly debated as a gimme....not his best shape in '80

    Weider refused to allow Serge Nubret to compete in the '75 Olympia because he weighed as much as Arnold and was in better shape. I wasn't until Serge dropped 20 lbs with a month to go before the "O" that Weider let him compete (remember in Pumping Iron, Nubret was announced as a late entry).

    !

    Arnold is still king of bodybuilding and if arnold was 5'11" then everyone else is pumping iron were like 4 feet tall
    BEEFCAKE!!!!

  14. #14
    Made Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Foreskin rules,

    Did you put a picture back up of your father in your avatar?

    Good work.

  15. #15
    GeorgeForemanRules
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbuilder View Post
    Foreskin rules,

    Did you put a picture back up of your father in your avatar?

    Good work.
    You live to worship me.

    Good Dog.

  16. #16

    Default

    I thought the video was awesome and very inspirational!!!

  17. #17
    Beast Red Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MD's Resident ManWhore
    Posts
    7,153

    Default

    foreman, u must be drunk again...the only god round here is Arnold!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •