Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Beginners common questions

Nobody

I work a hard 8 hour day, from 700am to 330pm or 430pm. I do Heating and Air for living. I'm always walk lifting and moving stuff.
    I don't think I will have time to eat that much whole food.
    What should I do?
    I am Ectomorph, that has a crazy high metabolism. I'm stuck at 155lbs.
    I'm 6'2 and long. Will this make it harder on me to see results? Thanks Hardluck

Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Hardluck View Post
    I work a hard 8 hour day, from 700am to 330pm or 430pm. I do Heating and Air for living. I'm always walk lifting and moving stuff.
    I don't think I will have time to eat that much whole food.
    What should I do?
    I am Ectomorph, that has a crazy high metabolism. I'm stuck at 155lbs.
    I'm 6'2 and long. Will this make it harder on me to see results? Thanks Hardluck
    You need to make the time to eat the meals. People 50 years ago could eat, why can we not now?

Also, if you're having trouble getting the food in, you're likely not a hardgainer. You just need to eat.

Matt

Only takes a few minutes to wolf down a shake,some cold chicken and a baked potato,etc.

As a bodybuildfer you shopuld always carry some food with you........enough to last you all while you are out if you can`t get it in,eat a protein bar,they suck but are useful in a pinch.

Carry food and water in your car,eat whenever it`s conveinient while working or in school.

Tell your boss I said it`s OK to do so.
    Strictly Business

THANK YOU! Good stuff.

ok for a 200 lb person can ya break it down for a day ? grams per meal ??

protein
    carbs
    fat

looking to diet down a bit I'm 13%bf 196lbs and 5'9" so 200lb would be a base .

thanks
    llllern
    LRN483 5% off at www.trueprotein.com

One gram of protein per pound of bodyweight minimum amount at all times...............cycle carbs and keep fats low......CARDIO!!

Carb Cycle Example:
    Mon.-200
    Tues.-125
    Wed.-75
    Thurs.-50
    Fri.-25
    Sat.-Repeat cycle,or reverse it and have the higher carb days later in the week.
    Strictly Business

Quote Originally Posted by Timski View Post
    One gram of protein per pound of bodyweight minimum amount at all times...............cycle carbs and keep fats low......CARDIO!!

Carb Cycle Example:
    Mon.-200
    Tues.-125
    Wed.-75
    Thurs.-50
    Fri.-25
    Sat.-Repeat cycle,or reverse it and have the higher carb days later in the week.
    thanks man that will help me and others
    LRN483 5% off at www.trueprotein.com

hi butterman

In general, high rep (15 or so), low weights builds strength and muscular endurance with a minimal size increase. Pure strength increases are limited. Runners who are looking at weight training as a way to help prevent injury or don't want to add mass they have to carry during races often use this as their main weight training.

Low rep (3-8) high weight build power and size. Good for bulking up, but minimal muscular endurance. Powerlifters use this as their main area.

Middle ground (8-12 reps) builds strength, size and definition. People who are lifting to "look better" and gain bone strength advantages use this range as their main area. Most weight training books are written for these people, because they're the bulk of weight trainers in most gyms.This is how fitness workouts works.

Couldn't you just have protein shakes and add oatmeal or something to them so that way you get the protein and carbs without spending extra $$$ on weight gainers?

Quote Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
    Couldn't you just have protein shakes and add oatmeal or something to them so that way you get the protein and carbs without spending extra $$$ on weight gainers?
    WOW! That's a terrific idea, did you come up with that all by yourself?

Yeah, that's my own idea. No one I know told me about that, it just sort of came to me one day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post

How long have you been training because thats the smartest thing I've read since I've posted here.

This is a great way to get your meals with no prep time in the morning needed to cook and consume large calories because its very little volume.
    I do this at 50 grams of protein, 100 grams carbs 3 of my 5 meals every day and I only need about 12 to 16 ozs of water.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    How long have you been training because thats the smartest thing I've read since I've posted here.

This is a great way to get your meals with no prep time in the morning needed to cook and consume large calories because its very little volume.
    I do this at 50 grams of protein, 100 grams carbs 3 of my 5 meals every day and I only need about 12 to 16 ozs of water.
    I've been training for only about a year, but to be honest with you, that's not originally my idea, my friend (philborg on this forum) advised me to do it when I first started training, so I'll give him the credit he deserves for that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam McVey View Post
    by the way ......weight gainers are great for people with fast metabolisms and for a post workout treat!!!!
    I was looking at that one too... they are not NECESSARY by any means, but they're a good way of saving time if you're in a rush and need to take in some carbs and fat with protein... just obviously take them in moderation

Awesome post Tim! Great advice

Tim Knows his shit my friends.

He advocates an almost identical off season eating plan as I would.

Keep in mind that Tim has been in the sport a long time and offers strong solid advise, beginners, pay attention.
    Get shredded! check out the transformations at
    www.prepbyalex.com

That was excellent advice. I agree with everything in the post for the most part.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast