Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back Training Question

NYC BIG MIKE and esplendido, just give up.

You can not and will not win in an argument against Tipsta, he never shuts up

You 2 clearly know what you are doing but Tipsta has a bad habit of arguing with results

this is a topic which has gained my interest lately,training for muscle fibre type seems to be a topic raised alot and i was also under the impression that the back contained a higher level of slow twitch fibres there for higher reps could be beneficial.

And as the article big mike supplied states that slow twitch is fired first,but being slow twitch wouldnt they have the propensity to go much longer (endurance) then the other fibres.Jimmy Smith just released some articles and in them one part was about the back(lats) shoulders,calves chest being a higher level of slow twitch and about tri setting the muscles because of the endurance capabilitys of these muscle group they sometimes need hammering especially in natural athletes.

Anyone?

So it appears the majority opinion is low reps with heavier weight???

Sorry I started an argument.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by crash2226 View Post

Kevin
    It just shows that evryone has their own opinion. Try different things and see what works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BPT20 View Post
    It just shows that evryone has their own opinion. Try different things and see what works best for you.
    good advice

Kevin
    Dont be. This is how we learn!
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Quote Originally Posted by esplendido View Post
    I admire your conviction on being natural, but natural or not, you train the muscle the same way to get size. No disrespect, but if that's you in your avatar, you're very cut but your back isn't very wide or thick. My chest measures 56" in contest shape and my waist 35" at 6'-4". I think the heavy routine works very well for mass on back. In fact, it works very well for every muscle group.

Truth be told, genetics probably play a larger role with everything else being even.

I agree genetics play a larger part than anything. Hence a Poodle is a Poodle and a Rottweiler is a Rottweiler.

Back not wide? Thats a shot of my lower back. Hitting that shot means complete contraction opposite of what causes the flare. Very few people know how to hit that pose. Although it seems to have been reborn these past few years.

Kevin
    IMO, there is nothing wrong with arguing bro, as long as it is the topic of discussion being argued over and it does not move off topic and into AD Hominum trolling and flaming attacks on members.

Quote Originally Posted by philborg View Post
    NYC BIG MIKE and esplendido, just give up.

You can not and will not win in an argument against Tipsta, he never shuts up

You 2 clearly know what you are doing but Tipsta has a bad habit of arguing with results

Its not argueing. Unlike you I am more than willing to help in any way I could and when I know something to be a certain way I will go to any length to help explain it in laymans terms over and over rather than just saying Ok fuck it then. Do you guys think I just make this shit up? I am just lucky to have had the education I have.

To make this easy if you are natural then I suggest you consult Kyoshi in his thread if you are not natural then ask others as his training is geared for the drug free as is mine. We cant just do 8 reps and stop. We need to hit it MUCH harder and more intense since the workload and the food is the ONLY catalyst to our physiques.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    To make this easy if you are natural then I suggest you consult Kyoshi in his thread if you are not natural then ask others as his training is geared for the drug free as is mine. We cant just do 8 reps and stop. We need to hit it MUCH harder and more intense since the workload and the food is the ONLY catalyst to our physiques.

Good post. There is indeed a big difference between natural and drug assisted training.

NYC BIG MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
    Good post. There is indeed a big difference between natural and drug assisted training.

NYC BIG MIKE

I hate arguing with you because your pics prove your posts. ARGHHHHH!...lol

I hate arguing with you because your pics prove your posts. ARGHHHHH!...lol

LOL. Thanks. I don't look at it as arguing, rather a diference of opinions. I respect your knowledge, and hope you respect mine. You're physique speaks worlds about what works for you. We've both been in the game a long time and know that different things work for different people. Respect.

NYC BIG MIKE

Beach Body

Kevin
    Like Big Mike said you have to give yourself some time. Try out different training methods until you find what works for you. Some guys have such great genetics that they can figure out if a particular routine is working for them within a month. Not me that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by deepmar View Post
    Like Big Mike said you have to give yourself some time. Try out different training methods until you find what works for you. Some guys have such great genetics that they can figure out if a particular routine is working for them within a month. Not me that's for sure

Another good point. He could also mix it up and get the best of both worlds. Find the exercises you want and do something like a 12/10/8/6 resp scheme or even a 15/12/10/8 and you'll get both high and low reps in.

NYC BIG MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
    Another good point. He could also mix it up and get the best of both worlds. Find the exercises you want and do something like a 12/10/8/6 resp scheme or even a 15/12/10/8 and you'll get both high and low reps in.

NYC BIG MIKE

Yup, but most of the time its not a rep range thing but a caloric surplus thing. Eat, Train, Eat, Sleep....Repeat.

Its not argueing. Unlike you I am more than willing to help in any way I could and when I know something to be a certain way I will go to any length to help explain it in laymans terms over and over rather than just saying Ok fuck it then. Do you guys think I just make this shit up? I am just lucky to have had the education I have.
    Sorry Tipsta, I know you know your shit but I just got aggravated because it does seem like you tend to tell people that they are wrong in a very condescending way rather than give constructive criticism, but I know you were just trying to help.

On another note, do you really believe that training for natural vs. enhanced bodybuilders really differs? I know that steroids can help but I'm pretty sure that drugs or not, the training should be virtually the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast