Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offensive Lineman

HOLY SHIT DOGG, U B SMASHIN' 315 ON POWER CLEANZ?
    THATZ BOSSY MANG.
    NO1 EVEN COMEZ CLOSE 2 THAT AT MY SCHOOL.

i did my first 550 squat on thursday b4 spring break
    Starting a new chapter...

DAMN... I GOT MUCH RESPECT 4 U DOGG.
    U TRYIN 2 PLAY COLLEGE BALL?

of course thnx for the respect, u play???

YEA. HAHA. I B GETTIN' SMACK THOUGH.... 5"4 170 D-END...
    HAHA. I LOVE FOOTBALL BUT IT'Z NOT IN MY FUTURE..

WHAT COLLEGEZ R LOOKIN' AT U

jsu troy vsu fiu tsu

DAMN THATZ SICK.
    U DO TRACK OR WRESTLE?

no i weightlift, gym rat

Quote Originally Posted by Newtron54 View Post
    no i weightlift, gym rat
    "Gym rat" is a derogatory term.

i would say try bill starr's 5x5 program and lots of food.

I think our society is full of extremes. NFL athletes shouldn't be living in the weightroom training like Louie Simmon's guys at WSB focusing on totals of their lifts. The carryover from conjugate method style lifting can be there, but remember at the end of the day, you're a football player, not a weightlifter. I saw your post and you were concerned about totals. While I understand schools will want you stronger and faster at a higher weight, they want you making plays on the defensive end, not what are your totals on bench, squat, etc. And football players shouldn't just be doing "functional strength" work and only position work either. It must be in balance. You are a young man with many many healthy years of sports and weightroom work in your future. Don't get carried away with the numbers in the gym. Sometimes the strongest kid on the team is the kid sitting at the end of the bench. The best football players play, the best football teams win games. If it were the other way around, strongmen and powerlifters would be signing nfl contracts every year. We all know that doesn't happen. You obviously have ability to be sought after by Division I schools. I wish you luck in your athletic career.

I WOULD RECOMEND ALSO WORKIN ON FLEXABILITY ALOT, ESPECIALLY BEING ABLE TO SINK YOUR HIPS WITHOUT BENDING AT THE WAIST. HONESTLY THE EXTRA WEIGHT ISNT THAT IMPORTANT. IF YOU GO TO COLLEGE THEY WILL MOST LIKELY RED SHIRT YOU AND WHEN THAT HAPPENS YOU WILL PROBABLY GAIN 20 POUND OF MUSCLE JUST THAT YEAR.

ONE MORE THING, SPEED KILLS. WORK ON SPEED ALOT, BUT NOT ANYTHIN LIKE 100 METERS. KEEP IT UNDER 40 YARDS AND DO ALOT OF CHANGE OF DIRECTION STUFF.

Krummdiddy has some good things here with two extremely important words especially for a football player; Hips and Speed. While you are young and your body is going to change with your strength and size gains, you must concentrate on making sure the supporting cast of your body so to speak is ready to perform with the new body composition. Hip mobility and shoulder stability my friend. Speed will be neccessary and is a whole other thread, but don't neglect speed work on the track or field.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12