Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mind/Muscle connection. Chest

Quote Originally Posted by RazorRipped View Post
    No so sure about that Mike.Everyone has different recouperative abilities.One person can do 20 sets for chest and recovery within days,CNS and muscle-wise,where another person would do 20 sets and have his CNS in chaos for 5 days or more,depending on intensity of workout.Eating a perfect diet too,getting 7-8 hrs of sleep.

The term "Overtraining" is used far too vaguely IMO.

Good to see you around Mike!

~RR

Fair enough. I'm going on the premise that one knows his limits by listening to what his body tells him. Take me for example, I do an EOD format and hit everybody part in an 8 day week. I lift for 2 hours easy.
    I shoulda know you were gonna argue this point. I was gonna tear up your shit regarding IGF-1 but decided to let you slide. Watch your back. Good to see you as well my spaghetti eating friend.

NYC BIG MIKE

I agree 100%.

Not get in the middle of the lovers spat???

But,
    My nervous system is saying yo, too much.

Maybe not to much weight, but just too much intensity for too long of a period.

I am going to cut back on the volume of sets, and increase the weight.

Gunny

Quote Originally Posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
    Fair enough. I'm going on the premise that one knows his limits by listening to what his body tells him. Take me for example, I do an EOD format and hit everybody part in an 8 day week. I lift for 2 hours easy.
    I shoulda know you were gonna argue this point. I was gonna tear up your shit regarding IGF-1 but decided to let you slide. Watch your back. Good to see you as well my spaghetti eating friend.

NYC BIG MIKE
    Not arguing it Mike.Just making a point.

You can bash my IGF posts if you want.Everyone in that forum loves to try and shit on me anyway.So what's another person....hahahaha

BTW,,,we call it pasta nowadays,

~RR

Quote Originally Posted by durk View Post
    I agree. If you do nothing but shove food down your throat all day you will not overtrain.
    Dude that's not true at all. It's more true if your juicing but if your natural that's totally false. Your body needs adequite rest.
    Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

Quote Originally Posted by Youngguns View Post
    Dude that's not true at all. It's more true if your juicing but if your natural that's totally false. Your body needs adequite rest.

Even those on AAS need rest. The Parillo statement was for effect. Assuming one does a body part a week and breaks up the split effectively, you should be able to train hard and long if recovery protocols (food, rest, etc) are in place.

NYC BIG MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by Youngguns View Post
    eat 5000-7000cals a day and say that. I know you cant do this all of the time because your bf gets to high, but try it sometime.

Yes I also agree that you need phases of deloading as well.

Still with Durk on this one.

The idea of overreaching and overtraining is well documented with a lot clinical research into recognizing it's physiological and psychological symptoms, organizing a better program design to decrease likeliness (such as a beneficial affect of endurance work only after strength training), and reversing the effects. Sometimes the physical changes from chronic exercise, which the athlete is unable to adequately recover, can cause a need to detrain for a week or more... just to allow the body and mind to recover. Overtraining is a real concern for anyone engaged in routine exhaustive exercise...

Yep, I too agree that The word "overtrained" is thrown around way too much.
    Somebody has a flat workout, or is just feeling lazy..... Must be overtrained!

I don't follow that course of belief.
    There are days when I just don't have it in me, but I get up trudge through the snow uphill to the gym. I leave the Gym feeling energized and happy again looking forward to the stares we get.

But lately I have been going out of sheer desire and leave feeling like I need a nap.
    Looking at my routine, and the physchological state of mind i am in, I am overtrained.

Now the Cure?

No days off, just lessen the workload per say.
    With less sets, I am going to be able to increase my weights by about 5% each lift, which in the long run are going to add up to more iron moved each session.

I am also going to the more traditional split.

Chest/Tri's Monday
    Quads/Hams Tuesday
    Back/Biceps Wednesday
    Shoulders/Traps Thursday
    Day off repeat

4 days off between parts should be plenty of recovery time. Even for a girl.

Ooops. I have seen some of the "girls" here. I take that last statement back.
    How about even for a guy in the Navy??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12