Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: best gyms

The one that I like the best is in Springdale, AR. It's called Northwest Athletic Club. I like it because it's kind of like a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryMuscle View Post
    the gym at NAS Lemoore is top notch i wish i was still there..

There are some alright gyms on the USS Reagan.

I didnt like what the USS Lincoln had to offer.
    I agree, I did F-18 training there. Also, MCAS Beaufort and 29Stomps

DFW, Texas Mr.bell_85 and I are having a baby!

Camp Pendleton, Ca gym by the main side is really really really nice..

If gym quality is a factor in deciding where to get stationed next, skip Aviano AB, Italy. They know nothing of customer service. Spangdahlem AB, is the best I have seen in Europe, has a hardcore vibe for being a military gym.

Naval Support Activity (NSA) Bahrain has a ridiculous fitness complex. Absolutely everything and anything one can think of is in there somewhere. With all the money the U.S. is dumping into 5th Fleet AOR, they've gotta keep their patrons happy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Radioman View Post
    Naval Support Activity (NSA) Bahrain has a ridiculous fitness complex. Absolutely everything and anything one can think of is in there somewhere. With all the money the U.S. is dumping into 5th Fleet AOR, they've gotta keep their patrons happy.

I agree, I was there in 2004 with the USS Enterprise for a month while they were doing construction. That gym is insane.

Miesau Army Ammo Depot in Miesau, Germany

It stays open 24 hours, 365 days a year, small, quiet, no one around. Its in a little village 1 hour and a half outside of Frankfurt. It would be 2 in the morning and I would be in there. Dumbells went up to 140 and thats alot for the military, most bases stop at 80 or 100. Atleast all the ones I have been to.

Was stationed in Vicenza Italy. The gym sucked. However we spent alot of time in Grafenvier Germany. They had a great gym, lots of heavy DBs and plenty of equipment... the 5 mile run to and from the gym kinda sucked but it was all good.

Hardcore Gym, Rockdale, Sydney, Australia.

Very quiet in the mornings, packed at arvo, quiet at night.

open 365 days, long hours.

lovin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by para pete View Post
    I'm in the bitish army...and our gyms are no where near the standard of the us armys gyms...i went to a good one in fort lewis and a very good one in fort brag aswell.
    Its good to see the top brass of the us army spending good money on gyms for there soldiers....aparantly the gym in camp bastion in helmand has had allot of money spent on it so my tour of afghanistan i can hopefully keep some size even with all that heat....
    If you get the chance Pete, if you're in Kabul, check out the gym at the US camp (Phoenix), or the Canadian Camp (Julien). I was stationed there from August 03-February 04. Even as a light infantryman doing vehicle and foot patrols, I was able to make gains over there. The American gym had a lot of hammer strength stuff, and the CDN camp went up to 120 dumbbells. Also Camp Warehouse in Kabul is the ISAF HQ, so every country has dumped a little gym equipment in there for everyone to use. It's funny to see some of the eastern european machines, they look like someone made them out of tank parts. Which is ironic enough, as the gyms in Kabul actually do use salvaged vehicle parts for a lot of their weights. The key for me was food. In the CDN army, they didn't tell me me I'd had enough ever. It was awesome. I had a rude awakening when I did an exchange with the British Army and I got my 2 eggs for breakfast! Make buddies with a cook and you're set. You should be getting there around 50 degrees C. Fuck does that suck. Live with your camelback bro! But that place who knows what the weather will do on a given day. I saw it snow without a cloud in the sky Stay safe dude, and keep your head down. Best of luck keeping your size.

Exclamation Best Gyms

Some of the best military gyms I have used include: Hill AFB, Yuma MCAS, Ft. Bliss, and Ft. Hood. Ft. Hood had 9 gyms the last time I was there about 4 years ago. Most of them were huge, loaded with equipment.

My fiance is in the Marines and was stationed in Al Asad Iraq imn 2006-2007.... he said the gym there was better then half the gyms in the states.

The gym over by gate 5 IN Norfolk.....KILLER!!!!!
    twitter: @badbadleroyb, www.leroysmayhem.blogspot.com

Pen in ca on main side has a great gym. Ol Gym on dry side at 32nd is pretty good also. Best ever was our gym on our ship. Our master chief use to compete and built us a top notch gym on our ship. nothing like trying to lift in heavy seas back there.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_kinesiology View Post
    Camp Pendleton, Ca gym by the main side is really really really nice..
    Seriously, its the best gym I've ever seen. Now I'm stationed on an army base (Ft. Gordon) and the gyms here are worse than the gyms that were in Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by malymal View Post
    Risner gym here on Kadena A.B in Okinawa is good. 24 hrs.
    I will second this one!

deepmar mentioned the Fleet Gym in Naval Station Yokosuka, Japan. That gym was pretty cool. The 2 gyms onboard the USS Independence weren't too bad, just over crowded. The gym at NAS North Island was alright. When I was stationed in Kauai, Hawaii the base gym weight room rocked. Some competitive powerlifters, bodybuiders semi-pro football players all trained there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast