Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 794 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: IFBB Pro Evan Centopani Q&A

Whats up bro! Shoot man I am talking to you last week about your being signed and everything and I turn around and you have 10 pages of threads already. Youre rocking bro. Keep it up. It was good to chat with you today on the way to the gym. Glad to hear youre so motivated and doing so good. Talk to ya soon and congrats bro. I am happy for you.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold jr. View Post
    Evan, congrats of your success so far! You're fastly becoming one of my new favorites, specifically because a lot of your build reminds me of myself...although yours is ahead of mine. Also, like you, although I played sports growing up, I was always a bit of a chunky kid, now that I'm into the entire BB thing I really have to watch my carb intake even during off-season training. I know you've mentioned in some of your other post that Dave has you on some harsh Keto diets for comp prep, but what about off season? What does your daily protein/carb/fat intake look like in the off season, e.g. totals per day, are carbs only pre and post training, etc?
    Thanks for the congrats I appreciate it. Right now as I am not yet in a full offseason bulking phase yet my diet is fairly mild. This is what it looks like : 300g protein, 130g fat, 100g carbs. The carbs are 30g x 2 meals during the day and 2 bananas post workout. I'm not counting whatever carbs may be in the green veggies I am eating. Once I start packing on size I assume that my carb intake will go up considerably. Probably a 1:1 ratio with my proteins.

Quote Originally Posted by CUT260 View Post
    Whats up bro! Shoot man I am talking to you last week about your being signed and everything and I turn around and you have 10 pages of threads already. Youre rocking bro. Keep it up. It was good to chat with you today on the way to the gym. Glad to hear youre so motivated and doing so good. Talk to ya soon and congrats bro. I am happy for you.

D
    Big D! What's the deal bro? Thanks for dropping by and posting. It's always great talking to you and hearing your insight. You're a smart dude and rock solid on top of it. Thanks, as always for the positive attitude and the encouragment and be sure to drop by more often. Talk to you later bud.

Thats suprising, thats not many calories at all...With my shitty math skills thats only 2770 calories a day. Not too much for such a big man!

Well its working though, who am I to say anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Thanks for the congrats I appreciate it. Right now as I am not yet in a full offseason bulking phase yet my diet is fairly mild. This is what it looks like : 300g protein, 130g fat, 100g carbs. The carbs are 30g x 2 meals during the day and 2 bananas post workout. I'm not counting whatever carbs may be in the green veggies I am eating. Once I start packing on size I assume that my carb intake will go up considerably. Probably a 1:1 ratio with my proteins.

Quote Originally Posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
    Thats suprising, thats not many calories at all...With my shitty math skills thats only 2770 calories a day. Not too much for such a big man!

Well its working though, who am I to say anything about it.
    You're right, it's not a lot, but he said he was not in "full" off-season mode.

Evan, thanks for the reply. As for myself I've found this past year that keeping my carbs down around 250g per day and upping my fat intake instead has helped a good deal in keeping some of the fat off...at the same time the fat does still come a little bit. I'm hoping to begin working with Dave later this year, so we'll see what he conjures up. Either way, I've found I do well with fewer carbs myself...I can't imagine how fat I'd get if I ate as many carbs as some of these guys do.
    Du wirst um Gnade flehen!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold jr. View Post
    You're right, it's not a lot, but he said he was not in "full" off-season mode.

Evan, thanks for the reply. As for myself I've found this past year that keeping my carbs down around 250g per day and upping my fat intake instead has helped a good deal in keeping some of the fat off...at the same time the fat does still come a little bit. I'm hoping to begin working with Dave later this year, so we'll see what he conjures up. Either way, I've found I do well with fewer carbs myself...I can't imagine how fat I'd get if I ate as many carbs as some of these guys do.
    Dude I know. If I ate as many carbs as what I hear some of the guys are taking in I'd be a fat F*** I don't know what the hell my body would do with 600g, 800g of carbs. I know that I don't NEED them for energy because my energy is just fine right now. Maybe they would spare more protein or just play with my insulin levels? Don't know. All I know is that there is a difference between giving your body enough to grow and just being a fat-ass. A surplus of calories is a surplus of calories. At some point your not going to be gaining any more muscle with 2000 extra calories/ day than you would with say 750 extra calories / day it's just going to go toward storing fat. I'm no genius and I'm not a pro either, but logically, that is what makes sense to me. I don't think that the overabundance of food is good for your health (your colon, your liver, your kidneys, your pancrease) and it's definitely not good for your waistline. Personally, I think that a lot of the stomach distention I see on a lot of the guys is due simply to overeating and stretching out the abdomen. I know everyone loves to cry "GH gut" but I think the food has a lot to do with it.

i agree "food" and lots of it is causing the massive distension the lining of the stomach will expand when forced to ingest huge portions of food.

Quote Originally Posted by meatball View Post
    i agree "food" and lots of it is causing the massive distension the lining of the stomach will expand when forced to ingest huge portions of food.
    Yes it does...I've been saying this for longer then I care to...why everyone is so hell-bent on blaming GH as the sole reason of the "belly" distention is beyond me.
    Du wirst um Gnade flehen!

Evan, you're one of the most dilligent posters on the entire forum...........thanks for enlightening us!

Quote Originally Posted by huge285 View Post
    Evan, you're one of the most dilligent posters on the entire forum...........thanks for enlightening us!
    Dave! Thank you. It means a lot coming from you. I really enjoy posting on this forum. It would be hard for me to not post. If I see a question or comment I feel a need to respond. It makes me happy to see that so many people are posting on this thread and that I am able to contribute to their bodybuilding/health/fitness endeavors. What good does it do you to experience things in life when you cannot share what you've learned with others? None. We're all here to learn from each other.

I would have to agree with you on that Dave. Evan is incredibly bright for a 24 year old kid...reminds me of your mind when I met you Dave just a couple years younger...remember Bamboo Burnies?...lol...seems like another lifetime ago, right? Evan, ask Dave about Bamboo Burnies...lol...i think it was one of the first times I met Dave...you'll get a kick out of it...it's a crazy story. But on a serious note Evan I've only known you for the past year or so and have become friends with you more recently and regardless of age, everytime I speak with you I learn something. As impressive as your physique is Evan, your mind is what has created and will continue to create one of the best builds in the sport! The only limit to how far you can go in the sport is whatever limit you place in your own mind. If Jay can become Mr. Olympia why the hell can't you? He didn't look as good as you after 3 shows. You'll be the first small waisted 270 lbs Mr. Olympia in history one day if you choose. By the way are we on for Sat? If so shoot me an e-mail with the time AStrongSpirit@aol thanks. Crazy Wheels Baby!!!
    Last edited by JUSTINIAN; January 11th, 2007 at 11:00 AM.

Hey EVAN!!
    Happy New Year to you! Seeing you in the airport inMiami...I knew exactly who you were fromt he back with those calves! It was a pleasure getting to meet you ni person backstage and congrats on your stint with MD! I look forward to seeing you backstage this year in your quest for you card...articulate, smart...you have it all for your age!
    All the best to you! Representing New England!!
    Take care -C
    IFBB Pro - Carla Salotti

erikzarazua

hey was up evan, i read u take liquid fats with ur 3 shake meals and was woundering what that was?. congratulations on all your success and congratulations on any feuture ones

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by erikzarazua View Post
    hey was up evan, i read u take liquid fats with ur 3 shake meals and was woundering what that was?. congratulations on all your success and congratulations on any feuture ones

Flax Seed oil I would think??? Survey Says???

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTINIAN View Post
    I would have to agree with you on that Dave. Evan is incredibly bright for a 24 year old kid...reminds me of your mind when I met you Dave just a couple years younger...remember Bamboo Burnies?...lol...seems like another lifetime ago, right? Evan, ask Dave about Bamboo Burnies...lol...i think it was one of the first times I met Dave...you'll get a kick out of it...it's a crazy story. But on a serious note Evan I've only known you for the past year or so and have become friends with you more recently and regardless of age, everytime I speak with you I learn something. As impressive as your physique is Evan, your mind is what has created and will continue to create one of the best builds in the sport! The only limit to how far you can go in the sport is whatever limit you place in your own mind. If Jay can become Mr. Olympia why the hell can't you? He didn't look as good as you after 3 shows. You'll be the first small waisted 270 lbs Mr. Olympia in history one day if you choose. By the way are we on for Sat? If so shoot me an e-mail with the time AStrongSpirit@aol thanks. Crazy Wheels Baby!!!
    Justin! My buddy. You always have a postive attitude and that's the type of energy I like to surround myself with. I think that Dave and I have worked well together because of his positive attitude and constant encouragment. He has never had a negative thing to say to me. He only offers his opinions in a constructive manner. I find you doing the same. I've enjoyed our leg training sessions so far and I know they're only gonna get better. I been looking forward to Saturday all week. Noontime at Power Fitness. I'll be there bro. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by mighty lightweight View Post
    Hey EVAN!!
    Happy New Year to you! Seeing you in the airport inMiami...I knew exactly who you were fromt he back with those calves! It was a pleasure getting to meet you ni person backstage and congrats on your stint with MD! I look forward to seeing you backstage this year in your quest for you card...articulate, smart...you have it all for your age!
    All the best to you! Representing New England!!
    Take care -C
    Hey Carla! Thanks for dropping by. I truly appreciate your support. Now I just need my quads to match my calves! I want to thank you for your help backstage at the nationals. Your professionalism as an athlete is a model for others. And being at the contests on behalf of Pro-Tan, you take your job seriously and represent them well. Thanks for everything. I'm sure I'll see you at all the New York shows and the other New England area shows this year. Talk to you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by erikzarazua View Post
    Thanks bud. I alternate between Macadamia nut oil, olive oil, and a flax oil blend. I don't use too much flax, maybe once a day. The rest of my liquid fats are from monounsaturated sources. Sometimes I'll use peanut butter or almond butter instead of the oils. The oils seem to burn quicker and the nut butters will sustain me longer. If I feel full I'll use oil. If I'm hungry, I'll use peanut butter. You have to be tuned in to your body and learn to give it what it needs (notice I didn't say what it wants).

Page 11 of 794 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111511 ... LastLast