Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 794 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: IFBB Pro Evan Centopani Q&A

Defintely good to have you here!!!
    -Jorje

Evan, welcome to the ABYSS................

Dedicated Noob Strungoutforever's Avatar

Thumbs up

Hey guys... My first post on the board, but I had to post seeing that Evan is signed by MD.

Evan, ever since I saw your pics many months ago, I was truly inspired by your physique and how you have stayed grounded despite this fast climb to success. I just wanted to let you know that you have some strong support from Alberta, Canada, and I'm truly hoping you get that pro card ASAP. Has it been hard dealing with the pressure of being so young and been given such high expectations? I'm 23, and I just think it's incredible to see where you're at at such a young age. Best wishes to you Evan, and train your heart out. Don't give anyone any hope when you step on that national stage in your next comp. Take care man.

Even what are you doing to bring up your quads? A sample of your lower body day would be great. Thank you

Mate, im so happy for your signing, but like i told you, i knew it would happen for you, it was only when!

2007 bro.........

Best wishes as always my friend

Great addition to the team!

My vote goes for the Nats - TAKE YOUR TIME, bring up that chest and those legs, and you will blow that SHW class away no problem.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Thanks bro. Your support is much appreciated. Pressure? There's a little of that going on right now but nothing I can't handle. You say you're surprised I haven't changed and mentioned that I've stayed grounded. I think that's the way it has to be. I've always tried to maintain balance in my life. I think there are guys who throw everything they have into the sport and it consumes them. While I admire their dedication I do not see the value of being one dimensional. I believe that the key to success in any endeavor (long-term success that is) is to mainatin balance. Everything must also be cyclical; training eating etc. Otherwise you encounter stagnation. Having said all of this I think that the things you say can be related to the fact that when I think about who I am, bodybuilder is not the first thing that comes to mind. You have to be a human being first and foremost. I enjoy being around my family and my girlfriend, I like training, I like cooking, I like watching the f'in Discovery Channel. In my mind, traing and eating aside, I do what everyone else does or at least that is how I see it in my mind. I have made a conscious effort to not consume myself with bodybuilding because I don't see that as being beneficial. I remember hearing stories about bodybuilders missing funerals, weddings and other significant events because they didn't want to screw up training or their diet and I think that's said. I refuse to be that. I like to think that before I consider myslef a good bodybuilder, I must first be able to say I'm a good son, brother, boyfriend, friend, person, etc. And I truly believe that balance is what will lead to my success. So to get back to your post, don't worry, my mind is clear and my plan of attack is in place for that pro card. Thanks again for the post bro.

Wow Evan. That was an amazing post.
    First let me say welcome to the board. This board is improving and this section has to be the main reason!
    I am thilled MD signed you and will be looking forward to reading your column.

When I read that last post it reminded me of experiance I had at the 1998 Arnold's Classic. I was walking the expo and I had just gotten Jay Cutlers autograph. I over heard him speaking to someone else, and I swear it sounded just like your post. He spoke of balance, and the fact he didn't consider himself a bodybuilder first. That he had many things to apply his focus into and if bodybuilding didn't work out he would be fine. But not once did that mean he wasn't dedicated.

At times we all lose site of all things that we need to focus on and achieve balance in life.

It is so refreshing to hear that from a young gun like yourself.

I wish you all the best in the future, and cannot wait to see you tear up the pro ranks.

Welcome

Thumbs up Spoken words of an admirable person

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Thanks bro. Your support is much appreciated. Pressure? There's a little of that going on right now but nothing I can't handle. You say you're surprised I haven't changed and mentioned that I've stayed grounded. I think that's the way it has to be. I've always tried to maintain balance in my life. I think there are guys who throw everything they have into the sport and it consumes them. While I admire their dedication I do not see the value of being one dimensional. I believe that the key to success in any endeavor (long-term success that is) is to mainatin balance. Everything must also be cyclical; training eating etc. Otherwise you encounter stagnation. Having said all of this I think that the things you say can be related to the fact that when I think about who I am, bodybuilder is not the first thing that comes to mind. You have to be a human being first and foremost. I enjoy being around my family and my girlfriend, I like training, I like cooking, I like watching the f'in Discovery Channel. In my mind, traing and eating aside, I do what everyone else does or at least that is how I see it in my mind. I have made a conscious effort to not consume myself with bodybuilding because I don't see that as being beneficial. I remember hearing stories about bodybuilders missing funerals, weddings and other significant events because they didn't want to screw up training or their diet and I think that's said. I refuse to be that. I like to think that before I consider myslef a good bodybuilder, I must first be able to say I'm a good son, brother, boyfriend, friend, person, etc. And I truly believe that balance is what will lead to my success. So to get back to your post, don't worry, my mind is clear and my plan of attack is in place for that pro card. Thanks again for the post bro.
    Evan, thanks for that awesome reply. First of all, you shouldn't feel pressure as it's only a matter of a bit of time until you take over the IFBB stages. The best advice that I and anyone can take from you is your emphasis on a balanced life, and to not let your relationships with friends and family deteriorate...there's no sense for that to happen. Your words are well spoken Evan, and I will take your insight as something to help me become better as well. I look forward to talking to you some more Evan, and thanks again for that amazing post. Those were spoken words of a true champion that will represent bodybuilding very well. Take care man.

Welcome to the board Evan, I look forward to reading your column in MD. Also, glad to see a bodybuilder who acknowledges that some things are simply more important than the next competition.
    Whey Gold Standard by ON
    Animal Pak by Universal
    Animal Pump by Universal

Evan, do you work with a nutritionist?

Quote Originally Posted by trainhardcore View Post
    Evan, do you work with a nutritionist?
    I believe mr HUGE285 himself is helping Evan. I'm sure he will chime in. Regardless...Dave is helping two of the most up and comming guys in my opinion...Evan and Jason Huh. Dave is going to be turning out pros faster than he makes trips to Baja Fresh . I'm anxious to see what next year holds for these guys. ITs nice to see new guys breathe new life into the sport.

Evan was already kicking ass without Dave. It's scary to think how good he's going to be with Dave's help! I just cannot help but be in shock that a guy one year older than me is so close to being a pro...it's truly an inspiration.

Evan I have one question for you that comes to my mind that I wonder. Like you, I was the heavier kid growing up, not fat, just heavier. Has that really been a key to reaching your size at an early age? In addition, when you are working on improvements in the off season, do you put on fat pretty easy? In my own case, I lose fat fast, but I can put it on fairly easily too. I'm sure you like to stay in good shape so I was wondering if you had any tips to be able to increase size and continue to make improvements without adding too much fat..? Do you eat most of your carbs around your workout? Thanks so much in advance Evan. It's kind of funny that someone I look up to is only a year older than me haha. You'll have some very proud supporters here in Canada when you get that pro card bro. Don't ever let up (which I know you won't), and dude, congrads on the signing to MD.

take care,

Jamie from Canada

Jamie- I have worked with Dave Palumbo for both the Jr. NAts and the Nats. My only experience prior to that was the Atlantic States on year prior. Dave and I have not yet discussed the plan of attack for the upcoming year but I'm sure it'll be interesting. To answer your questions, I don't know that being overweight as a kid helped me reach my size goals sooner. Keep in mind I lost about seventy pounds in one year when I was in high school and ended up at around 150. I don't think that's very big for a sophomore in high school and I'll consider that my starting point. However, I do have a natural tendency to put on weight fairly easily. that goes for both fat and muscle. So yes, I do have to be very conscious of my eating habits or I do get fat. However, one thing I have noticed in recent years is that the bigger (more muscular) I get I don't seem to put on the fat as easily simply because i have more muscle and therefore a higher metabolism. It's possible that my body is naturally very insulinogenic and that allows me to put on size easily? Not sure. As for any tips I might be able to give you, I would say that if you're worried about gaining too much fat stick to a diet that is high in protein, low in carbs (I think that the best time and only really necessary time for carbs is postworkout- I use a couple bananas with my protein shake. ) But during the rest of the day I find that carbs only make me feel lethargic. In my opinion, carbs are for manipulating your insulin and gaining size. Contrary to what most people think you DO NOT need them for energy. Remember there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate, only essential aminos and essentials fatty acids. If you are going to go for some carbs, I like barley, lentils, quinoa, and old fashioned oats; all low glycemic index carbs.

Evan,

Thanks so much for that help. You described the same body responses that I have while off season. and what I meant was that you had already developed a solid physique, and with the help of the guru, Mr. Palumbo, you have taken off. No disrespect intended at all to Dave as I know he's a bodybuilding Encyclopedia haha. But thanks again for that advice on eating. I will clearly take that with me and apply it to my nutrition and see how that goes.

Welcome Evan!

This board just gets better and better

Page 2 of 794 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast