Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 794 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: IFBB Pro Evan Centopani Q&A

Evan whats your take on Ben White for 2007. Only one year of competeing and placed no worse than fourth. Will he be a threat in the supers or should he stay at the heavy class. Good luck in 07 get some rest bring up the wheels and will see you in the pros.

Evan Nice to meet you (nationals) you are definetly a class act best of luck to you in the future.Jay
    LIFES TO SHORT TO BE SMALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Evan whats your take on Ben White for 2007. Only one year of competeing and placed no worse than fourth. Will he be a threat in the supers or should he stay at the heavy class. Good luck in 07 get some rest bring up the wheels and will see you in the pros.
    I think Ben White is thick as hell and has some awesome parts. Overall I think our physiques are very different. A threat in the supers? I think he's a threat in both classes. However, I think he (this year at least) makes a better heavyweight than super heavy. I don't know his plans but a whole year could change all of that of course. But based on his past competitive history I would think he would be pretty likely to do the USAs and/or the North American and then the Nationals if neither pans out. But in short, Ben White is a threat anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymoore View Post
    Evan Nice to meet you (nationals) you are definetly a class act best of luck to you in the future.Jay
    Likewise Jay. It was awesome meeting You, Dave, and Amber in Miami. You guys are the best. I can't wait to get down to Metroflex and train with you animals! P.S. Don't mess with Texas.

Evan, since you worked with Dave, did you use a keto like diet with 1 cheat meal a week during the last precontest?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by trainhardcore View Post
    Evan, since you worked with Dave, did you use a keto like diet with 1 cheat meal a week during the last precontest?
    Thanks.
    How did you know? Yup that's exactly what went down.

what are you doing on here shouldn't you be spending time with your family? j/k have a good holiday, and best luck in 07
    I love E-fights

Wow, Evan you are in phenomenal shape. I look forward to hearing more from you!! Definitely a role model
    -Strike Force

evan

I have worked with Dave for a couple of shows myself...Im wondering if you eat more carbs during the offseason ot grow on, or do you increase your fat and protein intake...I read Dave's article on the site (ultimate mass) and he has you eating carbs there...What is your take on the offseason eating...

thank

chris

I think you have great future in this sport. Just take your time and things will fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by chris250 View Post
    evan

I have worked with Dave for a couple of shows myself...Im wondering if you eat more carbs during the offseason ot grow on, or do you increase your fat and protein intake...I read Dave's article on the site (ultimate mass) and he has you eating carbs there...What is your take on the offseason eating...

thank

chris
    In the offseason carbs are incorporated. Protein intake stays more or less the same year round as does fat intake. The main thing that does change from offseason to precontest is carb intake. I feel that carbohydrates are necessary, not so much as an energy source, but more as a means of manipulating insulin. We all know insulin is the powerhouse and effectively controlling it allows you to make whatever changes you want in your physique whether it is gaining size or losing bodyfat. Furthermore, they are simply a source of additional calories. There is only so much protein and fat you can consume/utilize, the remainder must be carbs. Again, depending on your individual needs the amount and the variety of the carbs varies. I definitely believe in the value of the glycemic index. Once again, it can be effectively applied whether you are trying to gain size or lose boyfat. Besides, everything must be cyclical and to not eat carbs all year round would, in my opinion, be foolish. To me that's like doing a lot of cardio year round. When precontest time starts, you'll only have to do that much more. If you don't eat carbs year round, what can you eliminate in your precontest diet? Nothing. You can only reduce quantity.

Default Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everybody. I also want to thank everyone for for being so supportive and for welcoming me to MD. I hope you all enjoy the holiday and surround yourselves with those that matter most to you. Talk to you guys soon.

vargasty

I totally agree with what Dave has you doing because I too am an endo-mesomorph and when I cut I only have 100 carbs daily pwo. When I'm bulking it's 100 g of oatmeal in the morning. 100g pre-workout and 100 g pwo carb with creatine so my carbs are low even when I'm bulking but I keep my protein always at 2g per body weight. Too many carbs make me feel horrible but every person has a different body and whatever you are doing has you in shape, full, and huge so the low carbs aren't hurting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Thanks bro. Your support is much appreciated. Pressure? There's a little of that going on right now but nothing I can't handle. You say you're surprised I haven't changed and mentioned that I've stayed grounded. I think that's the way it has to be. I've always tried to maintain balance in my life. I think there are guys who throw everything they have into the sport and it consumes them. While I admire their dedication I do not see the value of being one dimensional. I believe that the key to success in any endeavor (long-term success that is) is to mainatin balance. Everything must also be cyclical; training eating etc. Otherwise you encounter stagnation. Having said all of this I think that the things you say can be related to the fact that when I think about who I am, bodybuilder is not the first thing that comes to mind. You have to be a human being first and foremost. I enjoy being around my family and my girlfriend, I like training, I like cooking, I like watching the f'in Discovery Channel. In my mind, traing and eating aside, I do what everyone else does or at least that is how I see it in my mind. I have made a conscious effort to not consume myself with bodybuilding because I don't see that as being beneficial. I remember hearing stories about bodybuilders missing funerals, weddings and other significant events because they didn't want to screw up training or their diet and I think that's said. I refuse to be that. I like to think that before I consider myslef a good bodybuilder, I must first be able to say I'm a good son, brother, boyfriend, friend, person, etc. And I truly believe that balance is what will lead to my success. So to get back to your post, don't worry, my mind is clear and my plan of attack is in place for that pro card. Thanks again for the post bro.

Wow Evan thats an amazing post...it definitly shows that you have your priorities in line and its a great thing to see because people get sucked up into this sport and it consumes them .....Best of Luck Evan you seem like a hard working, grounded, stand up guy...God Bless big man and keep training hard and working with Dave and you will get that pro card in no time

Way to go EVAN with the extremely articulate postss..........I knew we hired you for something?............lol...........Merry/Happy Holidays!

I did a couple of consultations with Dave and worked with Chad for 3 years. everybody has a different approch but i had amazing results with both...(.though, with dave theories you can stay leaner year round).
    Merry Christmas from Italy Dave,Evan, and alll the guys of the forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Thanks bro. Your support is much appreciated. Pressure? There's a little of that going on right now but nothing I can't handle. You say you're surprised I haven't changed and mentioned that I've stayed grounded. I think that's the way it has to be. I've always tried to maintain balance in my life. I think there are guys who throw everything they have into the sport and it consumes them. While I admire their dedication I do not see the value of being one dimensional. I believe that the key to success in any endeavor (long-term success that is) is to mainatin balance. Everything must also be cyclical; training eating etc. Otherwise you encounter stagnation. Having said all of this I think that the things you say can be related to the fact that when I think about who I am, bodybuilder is not the first thing that comes to mind. You have to be a human being first and foremost. I enjoy being around my family and my girlfriend, I like training, I like cooking, I like watching the f'in Discovery Channel. In my mind, traing and eating aside, I do what everyone else does or at least that is how I see it in my mind. I have made a conscious effort to not consume myself with bodybuilding because I don't see that as being beneficial. I remember hearing stories about bodybuilders missing funerals, weddings and other significant events because they didn't want to screw up training or their diet and I think that's said. I refuse to be that. I like to think that before I consider myslef a good bodybuilder, I must first be able to say I'm a good son, brother, boyfriend, friend, person, etc. And I truly believe that balance is what will lead to my success. So to get back to your post, don't worry, my mind is clear and my plan of attack is in place for that pro card. Thanks again for the post bro.

Your post is well said haven't heard anyone respond the way you did. I have to wish you the very best in your endeavors.

God Bless Dude!

-K

Page 3 of 794 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103503 ... LastLast