Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 794 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: IFBB Pro Evan Centopani Q&A

Whatīs up Evan? I just finished reading your training article on November issue of MD. I live in Brazil and I got all issues with at least one month delay, but thatīs fine.
    you donīt have only a great physique, but you you have a great mind too.
    I canīt wait to read your colunm at MD!

Happy Hollydays for you
    Member of Probiotica Team www.propremiumline.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiguelChain View Post
    Whatīs up Evan? I just finished reading your training article on November issue of MD. I live in Brazil and I got all issues with at least one month delay, but thatīs fine.
    you donīt have only a great physique, but you you have a great mind too.
    I canīt wait to read your colunm at MD!

Happy Hollydays for you
    I can't wait either!

Quote Originally Posted by trainhardcore View Post
    I did a couple of consultations with Dave and worked with Chad for 3 years. everybody has a different approch but i had amazing results with both...(.though, with dave theories you can stay leaner year round).
    Merry Christmas from Italy Dave,Evan, and alll the guys of the forum!!
    Dave is an extremely intelligent person and I too have noticed that I have been staying much leaner after incorporating Dave's approach into my offseason. Italy huh? Nice. I lived in Florence for a couple of months when I was in college. Finding a good gym and decent supplements was pretty damn tough! The name of the gym I worked out at when I was there was called the Swan Gym. How's that for hardcore?!

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    In the offseason carbs are incorporated. Protein intake stays more or less the same year round as does fat intake. The main thing that does change from offseason to precontest is carb intake. I feel that carbohydrates are necessary, not so much as an energy source, but more as a means of manipulating insulin. We all know insulin is the powerhouse and effectively controlling it allows you to make whatever changes you want in your physique whether it is gaining size or losing bodyfat. Furthermore, they are simply a source of additional calories. There is only so much protein and fat you can consume/utilize, the remainder must be carbs. Again, depending on your individual needs the amount and the variety of the carbs varies. I definitely believe in the value of the glycemic index. Once again, it can be effectively applied whether you are trying to gain size or lose boyfat. Besides, everything must be cyclical and to not eat carbs all year round would, in my opinion, be foolish. To me that's like doing a lot of cardio year round. When precontest time starts, you'll only have to do that much more. If you don't eat carbs year round, what can you eliminate in your precontest diet? Nothing. You can only reduce quantity.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Dave is an extremely intelligent person and I too have noticed that I have been staying much leaner after incorporating Dave's approach into my offseason. Italy huh? Nice. I lived in Florence for a couple of months when I was in college. Finding a good gym and decent supplements was pretty damn tough! The name of the gym I worked out at when I was there was called the Swan Gym. How's that for hardcore?!
    Bro, i live in milan and i own a gym, an hardcore gym. Dubells up to 200 lbs, 3 squat racks 10 olympic bars, and deadlift platform with a bag for magnesium. Hammer strenght equipped.If you plan to come in italy, drop me a message, i will be more than happy to guest you training here!!! Though is one of the few gym of this kind...that's why hardcore buddy.

Thanks for coming on the boards Evan! You come across as a very knowledgeble, down-to-earth guy. You are going to have a very bright future and I am 100% sure that the pro card already has your name on it. Have a great New Year

Default Congrats Evan and Steve!

Congrats Evan! You have a phenomenal physique and a good head on your shoulders, which is the recipe for success in this biz.

Congrats Steve! For signing a guy with a pro-level physique who is intelligent, candid, and articulate, we all thank you!

Special "Hutch Becomes Merritt" Ed

Quote Originally Posted by chris250 View Post
    evan

I have worked with Dave for a couple of shows myself...Im wondering if you eat more carbs during the offseason ot grow on, or do you increase your fat and protein intake...I read Dave's article on the site (ultimate mass) and he has you eating carbs there...What is your take on the offseason eating...

thank

chris
    Chris, where did you see that article you mentioned? Thanks.

You guys have been giving me so much support and I thank all of you for your encouragment. The least that I can do as someone who has learned a couple of things in regards to the sport, be it on the topic of nutrition or training, is to share that with you guys. You guys are the fans. Without you guys, the entire bodybuilding industry stops. It pisses me off when professional athletes get paid millions and then I see them on T.V. yelling at fans, getting into fights, not taking the time to sign autographs etc. They forget that without the fans they wouldn't have their million dollar contracts. So, in short, I'm happy to answer any questions you guys might have about nutrition, training, your love life I'd be happy to answer. I'm just kidding about the love life stuff. Save those for ask Abby. Anything else is game.

how was the holiday? you work out on xmas?
    I love E-fights

your love life I'd be happy to answer.
    lol
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdolf View Post
    how was the holiday? you work out on xmas?
    The holiday was nice. You never get to relax as much as you thing you're going too. Between going to relatives houses and stuff it's more tiring than relaxing. Definitely no training on xmas though.

Banned

Evan I see you are 24 at what age did you honestly begin the transition from all natural to soon to be pro????

hey evan.. forst off.. congrats on the recent showings.. it was close between you and desmond.. cant wait to see the improvements next year.. what is the training like..? i hear that dave likes low volume but, was curious as to what sets per body part ya like and the reps.. also.. what is a typical carb count in the off season for ya per day.. thanks

Out of curiousity Evan, how many meals per day do you typicaly put down? How many calories do you usually aim for? Being that this is your offseason and I assume your going balls to the wall with eating and training I wanted to hear from the man himself as to how you feed the beast?
    MS - Human Sport Performance
    NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    Evan I see you are 24 at what age did you honestly begin the transition from all natural to soon to be pro????
    I don't know to tell you the truth. I did my first show in June 2005 (The Bev Francis Atlantic States) where I won the overall as a heavyweight at 225. And in all honesty, I believed in myself at that time and thought I had the potential to take my physique to the next level. But I don't know when I made an actual transition. I guess you could say that a lot happened in the past year working with Dave and nailing my nutritional habits.

Quote Originally Posted by LATS View Post
    hey evan.. forst off.. congrats on the recent showings.. it was close between you and desmond.. cant wait to see the improvements next year.. what is the training like..? i hear that dave likes low volume but, was curious as to what sets per body part ya like and the reps.. also.. what is a typical carb count in the off season for ya per day.. thanks
    Thanks bro. Desmond is a serious competitor and an awesome person. I'm proud to have taken second place to him. Training is going well. Dave and I don't discuss a lot of training to tell you the truth. He'll give me pointers and he's certainly very knowledgable when it comes to training but thus far, we have dealt mainly with nutrition. Personally, I like everything when it comes to training. I like high reps, low heavy reps, super sets etc. One common thread in my trianing though is fairly high volume. I like to beat the hell of whatever I'm training. I've sometimes have to remind myself not to overtrain. I think that as a general rule of thumb, 4 exercises per bodypart x 4 sets per exercise x 6-12 reps/ set is pretty standard for me. Carb intake right now is about 150 grams / day.

Page 4 of 794 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104504 ... LastLast